Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Realdoll sister database

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

B3F11dolly
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Realdoll sister database

Post by B3F11dolly »

Abyss made about 3200 to 3300 dolls - me, I'm one of them - and I just thought it would be cool to know where all my lovely sisters live now. Next, like the database that Poet is working on, this could help to gather information about dolls, their problems, and the preferences owners have. Next, a list of as many dolls as possible could help people buying to decide on which stats the want and so on. Combined with the database Poet is working on ( usage, storage, damages and so on... ) it could help to have a list, just look at it and see who else has that body type, and gather more information and input quickly, when need should be.

The information I would like to ask for is mainly about the doll, her stats, in other words, delivery and production... Next there's some basic data about the owner, but of course we need to respect privacy, so that's just a minimum - and if you don't want to say, just leave those parts blank, no problem. But the country should be no problem to tell, and the user name here - well, if you post an answer here... But the user name is important of course, if some feedback is needed.
I'm not sure about the Realdoll RD-number ( AC-number ). Maybe this information is critical for whatever reason. But once dolly is home, I think it should be okay - anyhow it would be very important if it's about finding out what's inside.

Once my website is running, I'd like to add the list,
so if you don't want your data on my site,
please clearly say so here and now !!
Maybe I'm going to add a picture later on ( taken from pics round here )
If you want an entry, but no picture, please say so !!

Please give the information like shown here with me !!

Only dolls delivered, no dolls on order !!

No discrimination against other dolls - but Realdolls only !!

If you have more than one Realdoll - please one post per doll !!

:wink: thanks

so here it goes :

name of the doll :<B>Vanessa</B>
body type : <B>body 3</B>
face type : <B>face 11</B> ( if it's a head doll : replace face by head )
eye color : <B>brown</B> ( if Guy eyes, say so )
hair color : <B>black</B> ( main wig )
hair style : <B>style 3</B> ( main wig )
additional hair style : <B>style 5, black</B> ( second most used wig )
lip color : <B>red</B>
nail color : <B>red</B>
skin tone : <B>medium</B>
eye liner : <B>medium</B>
eye liner color : <B>black</B>
eye shadow : <B>natural</B>
pubic hair color : <B>brunette</B>
pubic style : <B>natural</B>
start of production : <B>31st Oct 2005</B> ( leave blank if you don't know )
delivery day : <B>24th Nov 2005</B> ( delivery from Abyss, leave blank if pre-owned )
order confirmation to delivery : <B>112 days</B>
RD-number : <B>3203</B>
dollforum user name : <B>Vanessa</B>

Poet
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Poet »

This is going to take years, YEARS to gather sufficient data based soley on number of responses.That's OK. I am going to try to get a form type document done for this purpose. It may be possible to combine our data or limit either one of the other & then take from the other so owners do not feel they must fill out two complete & lenghty forms. Food for thot. Poet
<div><strong>I'll have to make my own Uschi Doll</strong></div><br />

B3F11dolly
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by B3F11dolly »

Well, of course some data will be in both lists, if there's a list at all. Hey, come on, all you lovely dolls out there, let's see where we life. If you feel like "what for, it's just another stupid matrix, well, you can make this list be a matrix. But that's not the real purpose, although in this list you can see every stat at once. It's to see what stats are most popular, and in which countries dolls are popular and stuff.
If you're too lazy to write, quote my post above, remove the blah and just change the stats. If you feel like "I've given all that in the matrix", okay, if that's still up to date, say so. And add if I'm allowed to add the data to my list. On the other hand the matrix is not very up to date, and incomplete because lots of dolls want to get in there, and no one adds them. So we need a new list.
The only maybe critical data I can see is the RD number. As I said, leave those parts blank you don't feel confortable with - no problem. But please participate, let's see how many dolls are around here and how old they get ( in other words : how durable they are ) and so on, that's what we were wondering about here for weeks, so help to find out - PLEASE !!

Inkling
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by Inkling »

In the past, I've considered it a Sister or Cousin if she has same body type, same Head/Face, and same skin tone. Are you including skin tone?
<div>So long, and thanks for all the fish!<br>- Douglas Adams</div>

B3F11dolly
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by B3F11dolly »

well, to me "sister" is everything that is a Realdoll - and for sure the skin tone will be in my list, I'll try to collect as many dolls as possible and try to find all stats of each doll - like in the example above...

I just want a list with as many dolls as possible, it will be showing the dolls sorted by body type, next by face type - that's the most important stats, I think. But by just scrolling down, you could compare any stats, so if you look for examples of dolls with brown eyes or tanned skin, just scroll down and find them....

B3F11dolly
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by B3F11dolly »

How come no one submitted one single doll in two days ?!?

Is there anything wrong about my idea ?
Am I asking for anything too personal ?

All I'm asking for is to help by giving about 30 words,
or tell me what's wrong about my list

I really wonder. Since I'm around here, people wonder about how popular Realdolls are, where there are most of them, which stats are most popular, where to find examples of dolls with maybe red lips or whatever, how durable they are...
Now I offer to do a list to find out - and no one participates...

People since weeks complain about the matrix not being updated ( by the way my list is NOT meant to replace that matrix, nor is it trying to reach the same purpose )
Now someone offers a list to submit the dolls - and no one submits...

Why ??

Everhard
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by Everhard »

1. Two days is not very long. I am sure I am not the only one who can only access the forum at weekends.

2. I don't want to sound discouraging, but every year or so somebody puts out a post to call for input to a sort of database like this. They generally are short of input, possibly because people realise that by supplying info (maybe for the nth time) they are going to find that the effort comes to nothing because not enough other people supplied info about their dolls. A vicious circle of negative psychology maybe...

The matrix is a bit of an exception. But it still only holds a relatively small number of Realdolls compared to the number actually manufactured. Which reminds me; I must add Virginia (face 11 eyes open and face 11 eyes closed, shares Louise's body 1) to the matrix.

PBShelley
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by PBShelley »

Please don't be discouraged, Vanessa. I have to echo Everhard's reply; this does come up on occasion with the same result. Most folks don't have their info handy, nor the time to look it up and post it, especially after reading the current posts, replying, checking other forums and what with Real Life issues and all :)

As for me, Lily is going to be changing hers anyway, so we'll see :wink:

So don't let it get you down or irritated, this happens all the time here :wink:

Best,
PBS & lily
Lily Godwin & Eden Gardner's Doll Albums are here: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=10095

Poet
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Poet »

Vanessa, refer to my post above, it is going to take years of constant reminders & a permanent link for data input on this forum which is up to the forum administrators to supply this link. Data collecting requires participation & numbers, lots of both...in real life, one could advertise, offer a monetary comp & take participants for research. This is a little different & we R at the mercy of the members, they participate or they do not. I have so far 2 replies to my own data list & if people want to know trends in regards to malfunctions & design & what the main contributing factors R & remove the emotional component & deal with facts, then they need to provide data. Without data there R no answers only speculation as to the bigger issues. Our hands R tied as it were. Poet
<div><strong>I'll have to make my own Uschi Doll</strong></div><br />

DaveC
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by DaveC »

Vanessa,

If you are keen on putting something together, then the RealDoll Matrix is an excellent place to start. All Claire Marie’s statistics are there.

I have been told in the past (I think by Jackrabbit) that divulging your RealDoll number is not a good idea. It can be used by the people on e-bay who try to sell nonexistent RealDolls. Checking the number with Abyss is one of the few ways a genuine sale can be guaranteed.

Regards,

Dave.

B3F11dolly
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by B3F11dolly »

Okay, I can see that people maybe need to get a bit trust in this project first. And an other reason I see is that I ask for data for a list that can't be seen yet. I just thought this could take a few weeks, and as my site will need a few weeks as well to be online, that could match. Maybe it would have been better to ask once the site is on. Me, I can see the list on my computer, it's growing, and it looks nice. But so far I'm the only one to see it.

So far I've got 88 dolls, all info taken from posts or the matrix. To me it looks like this might be a very helpful list. So let's do it the other way round : I try to find as much data as I can, and those people who do NOT want to be in the list, have to tell me to delete their data. Nevertheless feel free to help by submitting.

DaveC,
yep, Claire Marie is in the matrix, and you provide complete and correct stats. Unfortunately most doll's data is incomplete or rather rudimentary, or even obviously incorrect.
I'll use the matrix and try to find info from the posts and the old doll album. Like that, I should be able to find up to 150 dolls, maybe even 200. But once my list is online, I'll definitely need help. I guess once people see this is a list where a doll has to be listed to be a complete doll, they will submit....

PBShelley,
as I said my list is not to replace the matrix. One of the pros of the matrix is that you can add faces. My list will not be for adding additional faces. That's why it's called "Realdoll sister database" - those maybe 3250 dolls made so far, that's what my list will be about. And an additional face is no doll - so please submit dolls only, if possible with the stats she left Abyss when she was new. So one doll with two or more faces would be 1 entry. In other words every RD-number is an entry

about the RD-number :
as I said I don't know how critical this information is
but it's a way to control how many dolls there are
so if you feel unconfortable to tell that number
just give the first 2 figures, like RD-32xx

B3F11dolly
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by B3F11dolly »

okay
my database now contains 165 female Realdolls
that's already more dolls than in the matrix
next
I'm trying to find more sisters in the old doll album

btw
I'm going to skip the RD-number
so far I've found only 3 numbers, mine included
and like that it's no use to add that information

Inkling
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by Inkling »

Echo Everhard's post #2.
Also, name of thread is misleading. At first, I thought you were looking for other dolls like yours.
Thread would have to be made Sticky.
Too much information to ask for. This might be a reason for past failures. I would limit questions to (I'll use Darlene):
Body: 4
Face/Head: 9
Skin: Medium
Year: 2003
Options: brunette hair, all natural, dual blue/brown eyes.
<div>So long, and thanks for all the fish!<br>- Douglas Adams</div>

B3F11dolly
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by B3F11dolly »

Inkling, right, maybe the title of the thread is misleading. As I said, to me everything being a "female Realdoll" is a "sister", but I can see that most people will think that I'm looking for a second Vanessa.

So...
let's think of possibly better titles -
what about
female Realdoll database
or
list of all female Realdolls ( I think database is more precise )
or
female Realdoll matrix ( but as I said I do not want to replace the matrix )
( although I could easily do that if need should be )

so please post which title you all prefer, or suggest something else

right, to make new boys'n'dolls find my database, this had to be a sticky thread. But maybe we better wait with this until the list ( my website ) is online, because people would surely love more to submit if they can see the result.
I don't think I could reduce the data I ask for, at least not if I want to use the data for the aim I had. And I don't think that I ask for too much, to enter all I want to know you just need to type about 20 words, which is less than the matrix asks for ( matrix also asking for nick name, marital status, velcro, neck bolt, light phase, perm face and so on ..... )

Anyhow, once the list is online, I'd suggest to make a new thread with a title that is more appropriate ( see above ), and that one had to be sticky indeed.

B3F11dolly
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by B3F11dolly »

I've now started to have a look
at the old posts on the Realdoll section,
trying to find more dolls,
but that's hard work indeed
:roll:

I've got <B>205 dolls</B> in my list so far 8)

INFORMATIONS