Starpery.com

Always Wash Doll Before Oil Rub.... Maybe Not!

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Always Wash Doll Before Oil Rub.... Maybe Not!

Post by Mr Franz »

Ok, so I've often said TPE doll maintenance consists of, wash, oil then powder, in that order. Wellll.... things got a little mixed up today. :whistle:

I noticed Jyoti's hands were kind of dirty. What that girls gets up to sometimes I have no idea. Anyway, from the looks of them I knew simply washing them off wasn't going to cut it this time. So, I got out the baby oil and started to massage the crud away. Before I knew it, I was doing her arms. How the hell did she get so dirty I'm thinking. She wasn't due for an oil rub yet, but I ended up stripping her down and doing her entire body that way, without even washing her first. Working the dirt loose with one baby oil soaked paper towel, then wiping it off with another.

I ended up with numerous little dirt and lint clumps all over the place to deal with. I was picking them off one by one, but that got old real fast. So, I wondered what would happen if I washed her now.... right after oiling. Experiment time!

I mixed my usual teaspoon of Blue Dawn dish soap in a couple quarts of warm water and started giving her a standing sponge bath. Wow, all the little leftover clumps fell right off! Not only that, but in less than an hour's time, she got an oil rub, wash and was ready for powder! I usually have to wait overnight after an oil rub before I can powder her!
Just look, this is right after her oil rub and wash, just before powdering.
Now that's one clean doll! :D
CLEAN.JPG
CLEAN.JPG (69.83 KiB) Viewed 954 times

dbenzguy
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Always Wash Doll Before Oil Rub.... Maybe Not!

Post by dbenzguy »

LOL... sounds like Roman-style bathing. Oil, scrape crud, bathe... all you're missing is the sauna but our girls probably wouldn't like that much! :wink:

Sounds like you've got some spoiled ladies there

Fantastic Plastic
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Fantastic Plastic »

Yep, figured that one out quite a while back.
Nothing cleans TPE off better than mineral oil itself.
I personally find that monthly cleanings like this keeps the TPE conditioned perfectly fine.
I however use a scent and color free hand soap called method®️ to wash the greasy dust bunnies off:
78E2CD65-B4E8-4BAE-8A39-335F74C136F1.jpeg
78E2CD65-B4E8-4BAE-8A39-335F74C136F1.jpeg (1.35 MiB) Viewed 926 times
But most of the time plain water will work just fine.
The oil acts like a surfactant in a way, but instead of reducing the surface tension of the water, it reduces the “stickiness” of the TPE.
So I guess it’s a “sticktant”... ahr ahr ahr...
It’s funny Franz, I’m just about to start a cleaning myself right now.
Great minds think alike!

Boobman
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Boobman »

If you have seen the many threads on maintenance & cleaning if you recall Samara & others would do the oil cleanse like clothing staining it removes embedded dirt that starts from the powder build-up over time too as well as dust, hair....

Boobman
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Boobman »

That reminds me i have not heard from a few as of late that were regulars like Samara. Hope they are all well.

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Geez, don't give them ideas, dbenzguy! 8O

Yeah, I deep clean with baby oil occasionally, just not every time. I usually just sponge her down as needed with a light oil rub thrown in now and then. This is the 1st time I've used baby oil prior to a regular wash though. Cut down the wait time considerably! 8)

Fantastic Plastic
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Fantastic Plastic »

Yeah, this one so light toned she gets dirty just looking at her.
Here’s a picture of what I’m doing right now.
Just so you know I’m not B.S.’n ya:
0C03D0AE-F70B-4BB2-980D-70C0EDC9AA72.jpeg
0C03D0AE-F70B-4BB2-980D-70C0EDC9AA72.jpeg (905.38 KiB) Viewed 897 times

cbrodus
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by cbrodus »

hey, when you stand her in the tub to wash her like that, how do you prevent scratches on the tub? I'm assuming it has the screws to stand on. Is a towel enough? I keep accidentally scratching stuff with mine when I mover her around and her feet slide.

INFORMATIONS