Blew a seam wide open

Palace of the plastic princess. Usually ranging from $15 to $300
her_guy
Active Poster
Active Poster

Blew a seam wide open

Post by her_guy »

Hi everyone.
I accidentally manage to blow the hole length of a seam wide open during regularly scheduled inflation of my airgirl a few days ago. The seam in question is located on her upper body, specifically her right side.
Is she beyond repair and would just need to be stuffed with fiberfill or is there some hope left for her as an airgirl?
I do still have a few repair patch kits left, though I'm not sure if that would be enough to repair the hole of the damage to the point of keeping air in. Could try it though.
I feel like I should receive a nomination for worst luck with airgirls lol.

Void Pointer

Re: Blew a seam wide open

Post by Void Pointer »

Cut an elliptic PVC patch, put it inside the doll and cover with glue. Push edges of the rip to the patch. Inflate a bit to prevent wall sticking to other side. After glue dry, cover the seam from outside like this: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=97402&start=15
Of course, you can apply the patch from outside but this will look awful.
You can cut it from a pooltoy, or a beach ball. Repair kits are usually weak and useless. Use a PVC glue and piece of PVC instead.

her_guy
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by her_guy »

hi again.
@void pointer that is something I could certainly try, I've never thought of doing it that way.
I have performix which seems to work really well. Hopefully this holds.
Thanks for your reply..

Technician
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Technician »

I discarded my beloved Gina Lynn doll because of that.
100cm Sasy Amazon doll. Purchased: 11/27/2018, Measurements: I - cup / 25I - 16 - 24 @ 32.4 lbs
140cm Sasy Amazon doll. Purchased: 5/14/2019, Measurements: K - cup / 31K - 19 - 25 @ 51 lbs
125cm Amazon doll. Purchased: 3/24/2024, Measurements: G - cup / 26G - 17 - 25 @ 39.8 lbs

her_guy
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by her_guy »

I actually used pieces from another (leaky) doll with thicker pvc to form her inner patches and pvc she came with to cover the seam with.

yorktown
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by yorktown »

8) Howdy

Sorry to hear about that - but it sounds like you have the situation well in hand - :thumbs_up:

I have of course, had this happen more times than I can or wish to remember - :mrgreen:

For me it all depends on the air doll, if she is a rare and no longer made air doll, well then I will do what it takes to keep her inflated

Some of course are so far gone - that the air doll was more patches than doll - :P

I have in some cases had to use several patches to fully repair - so it was done in stages - as the repair was huge

In plastic repairs can be done - depends on is it worth or not - at least for me

JRM
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by JRM »

any polyurethane-based glue will help you. the patch can be cut from, for example, a beach ball.

INFORMATIONS