kimberdoll.com

Kimber quality compared with WM?

Kimber Doll is loved by thousands of satisfied customers in the USA, the UK, Australia, Canada and Germany. We pride ourselves on offering the latest in companion doll technology, quality and realism. We’ve worked hard to develop the ultimate companion that is a pleasure to own, lasts the test of time and is reasonably priced. Website: kimberdoll.com
bigchilli
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Kimber quality compared with WM?

Post by bigchilli »

Hi folks
Can anyone give a comparison on quality with WM
Obviously im not expecting her to be the same quality but was hoping she would be close
I currently own an wm166 but was considering getting a kimber
Can anyone chime in?
Thanks
BC

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Re: Kimber quality compared with WM?

Post by seagull »

The current Kimber has the standing option included, soft and pleasantly scented elastomer body with a nice price.
Posters have published photographs of this doll on this forum, quite an attractive sculpt.
The only downside is one that many dolls have, an occasional wire poke from the fingers.
Have tested the elastomer, been wrapped in a white blanket for several months without any indication of oil seepage.

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

I don't own a Kimber, but from what I've read here, quality seems fairly decent for the price. Biggest drawback when comparing the two, with Kimber you're limited to that one body type, face and skin tone. If it weren't for that, I might just consider one.

MisterJoey
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by MisterJoey »

Kimber is awesome for a first doll. If you have high end doll maybe she isn't the right doll for you. I have a Kimber and am happy that I do.

Tighes
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Tighes »

Mr Franz wrote:I don't own a Kimber, but from what I've read here, quality seems fairly decent for the price. Biggest drawback when comparing the two, with Kimber you're limited to that one body type, face and skin tone. If it weren't for that, I might just consider one.
You are right with that, but with the standard m16 thread, any head will go on her. My 3 Kinberdolls all have different heads.

bigchilli
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by bigchilli »

Thanks for the replies folks

MisterJoey wrote:Kimber is awesome for a first doll. If you have high end doll maybe she isn't the right doll for you. I have a Kimber and am happy that I do.
Yeah this is my fear
I've had a wm162e and 166c
I just wanted something cheap and light for fun times to try and prolong the life of my wm166 but don't want to be disappointed and never use her

Im not fussed about the limited options,was more the skeleton and tpe quality
I watched a video where you could see the wires in her hand through the skin
That kinda made me have doubts

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

In the dark, can't see no wires
In the light, poor eyesight still can't see no wires :)

Serv70

Post by Serv70 »

The hands are probably the worst though, having said that it does reflect the price and honesty, when the head costs £350 and whole body and head cost £399 its kinda crazy they pull off a really good first doll, I think kimberdoll should be the goto for firsttimers
Kimberdoll 158cm - WM 74 Head

cartman

Post by cartman »

I had the issue with the wires coming out of the fingers a couple of times when I first got my Kimber but after jiggling them back in place the issue hasn’t reoccurred in the almost six months that I’ve had her.
The hands definitely are the weakest part of her body but overall the quality of the doll is still extremely good and I’ve been very happy with her.

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Tighes1 wrote:
Mr Franz wrote:I don't own a Kimber, but from what I've read here, quality seems fairly decent for the price. Biggest drawback when comparing the two, with Kimber you're limited to that one body type, face and skin tone. If it weren't for that, I might just consider one.
You are right with that, but with the standard m16 thread, any head will go on her. My 3 Kinberdolls all have different heads.
Yeah, but if you have to buy a new head, that kinda defeats the purpose of getting a cheap doll and you're still stuck with the one body type and skin tone. I'd rather just go with WM in the first place and pay a little more for what I want.

Now even without different faces to choose from, although that'd be nice too, if Kimber were to offer some breast size options, a darker skin tone and maybe a body with a fuller waist, that'd be a game changer for me! :wink:

Kimberdoll
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by Kimberdoll »

Hi all,

Worth noting that fingers would be the most fragile part of any doll, regardless of the brand.

Any thicker in design and they'd look like sausage fingers! :lol:

Cheers,
Fletcher

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

OOO! Sausage fingers, yum :)

There is starting to be a number of posts of non-wired finger mods but the Kimber has slender fingers and the techy stuff is not there for that scale of articulation, yet.
The Inventors are still working on it :)

Jrr359

Post by Jrr359 »

If you could actually get delivery with f Kimber it would be a great doll I am sure. 6 weeks dolls in port no tracking info yet. When I question they act like either cancel or wait. Your choice. Not feeling warm and fuzzy at this point about their customer care.

Kimberdoll
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by Kimberdoll »

Hi Jrr359,

You were offered the option to cancel your preorder when you expressed your disappointment with the current wait time. In doing so, you would be making someone else in the preorder queue very happy.

Unfortunately, we cannot make the ports operate any faster than they already are.

Offering you the option to cancel your preorder without any hassle is the definition of customer care. :thumbs_up:

Cheers,
Fletcher

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary
Location: The Dollsmith..hanging out with the Un Rama band on the Central Coast Of Oz! Life is gigs and jams!

Post by Anung Un Rama »

Kimberdoll wrote:Hi Jrr359,

You were offered the option to cancel your preorder when you expressed your disappointment with the current wait time. In doing so, you would be making someone else in the preorder queue very happy.

Unfortunately, we cannot make the ports operate any faster than they already are.

Offering you the option to cancel your preorder without any hassle is the definition of customer care. :thumbs_up:

Cheers,
Fletcher

That is more than reasonable customer service and after sales support right there.

I also note that Kimber has represented that delays may be experienced when items are not in stock on their website, and with the current shipping delays for many other items in the world due to CCP virus at the moment, this is clearly beyond the sellers control, and yet they have offered pre order cancellation despite the delay not being in their control.

So realistically, Kimberdoll has been more than fair and reasonable IMHO.

Anung

THE UN RAMA'S

Lilith Un Rama - RD She Devil Custom Bod 10 (DOLLMILF and TDF Doll Queen)
Natasha-RD Classic - Bod 6
Lexi-BT 3 (C) Star Bod 3 Gel butt & boob implants
Lorelei-SANHUI 165R cup my custom elf head 007
Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Ayla-WM dolls - 155cm DD cup model
Jessica Jade-PD - 163cm, Penelope fitness version .
Mazzy M-JY/AS Doll 166cm fitness model
Pearl-JY150cm Fantasy Fitness my design
BaBs-PD 158cm Mega Boobs doll
Jessie-TB Deluxe-Jessica Model
Danny-YL Dolls-128cm Kylie model
Gypsy Kate-WM 140cm D cup head #36
Dommy-SANHUI 65cm Mini silicone doll
Mini Dolls lots!
My designs: PD 160 cm FBB Motoko Kusinagi GITS, She Demon Agony & 150cm Fantasy fitness Pearl

INFORMATIONS