www.siliconelovers.com

First doll - Order on Jul 27th

Silicone Lovers provides a bespoke customer service to suit individual needs and a full money back guarantee, free worldwide shipping and 24/7 customer support. All of our beautiful dolls are fully customizable at no extra charge. Packaging and payment methods are always discreet and privacy is always protected. They are completely transparent with their prices and there are never any hidden fees or charges. www.siliconelovers.com
Nicci
Apprentice
Apprentice

First doll - Order on Jul 27th

Post by Nicci »

So this is my experience with Silicon Lovers as a Norwegian customer and first-time doll purchaser. Maybe I have some fellow Norwegians out there interesting in hearing how this goes...?

Current impression as of July 29th: Pretty good! Small hiccup with me being impatient for responses, but smoothed out.

First contact: I tried their interactive chat on their website. Status said they were available. Turns out they weren't, so a support ticket was automatically generated. Fair enough.

Pre-order questions: I didn't pose them too many pre-order, but was asking some questions about WM skin tones. Nick answered most of my first round of questions decently, but honestly I've learned far more from forum users here.

Negative observation: SL does not include email history when responding by email. This is a pet peeve for me - it annoys me.

At this point I'm struggling with the difference and choosing between light tan skin and tan skin, and areola color.

This is the model I had decided on (Katie - WM 157B on their site):

Her description says
Katie is a really sexy girl, with small breasts and a slim waist. She weighs only 62lbs, perfect for handling and moving, and boy does she move! She has light tan skin tone and soft juicy lips... a total babe, and she's ready when you are.
I added the underscore.

Nick at SL sent me some factory pictures of both Charlotte, bottom 2 pics (description: tan) and Katie, top 2 pictures (description: light tan):

So at this point my confusion is growing. Is it the different light conditions / cameras making these look so similar? Could they possibly be this similar?

I commented on it in another email and Nick replied by saying she was "definitely tan". Right, ok, typo in the description, or just misunderstanding regarding the word tan? She's tan and not light tan, or did he mean that the light tan skin color is actually quite tanned? Really doesn't help that English is not my first language... Hey did I mention I think the naming convention of these skin tones is rediculously stupid by the manufacturer? Just use completely different names! I mean what could possibly go wrong? ๐Ÿ˜‚ I sent an email to Nick with a follow-up question on this. No reply.

I figured "ah what the hell, everyone talks about the grace period of 48h to make changes" so I placed the order. Order confirmation mail received July 27th, 17:45 CET. I included a question about gloss/matte lips, which is one of their configuration options. No reply.

Remember when I asked if they could be so similar? Well, at this point forum user thepride724 showed me his two 157B dolls side by side (one light tan, the other tan) and I got my answer. This has to be the best possible picture I could get for my question. Thanks again mate ๐Ÿ˜Š Yes, yes they definitely can be:

download/file.php?id=976483&mode=view

Maybe some day I will find a way to add his picture directly into this thread for easier comparison ๐Ÿ˜Š

(thepride724, please excuse me if you disapprove of me using your picture in this thread - let me know and I'll remove it)

So I sent another email to SL support on July 28th 06:30 CET (13h after order confirmation) asking them to make sure my 'Katie' becomes light tan like thepride724's Shanna. No reply.

July 28th 15:45 CET (22h after order confirmation) I receive an email that my order has been sent to the workshop.

So at this point I'm just in limbo... I could get a light tan one, or I could get a tan one... Who knows? ๐Ÿ˜

OK, SL, your prices are the best I could find, you currently have great deals on free upgrades and accessories, you explicitly state that shipments to Norway will be facilitated for customs handling, and your website is amongst the fastest, easy-to-browse and best to configure custom options that I could find. And you're a TDF approved vendor, which as far as I can tell is a big stamp of approval. But your customer support might be overworked? It's not impressive...

July 29th 13:45 CET, response by email. Caught my desire for light tan and handled it. Nick provided a lengthy response to previous emails, while apologizing for slow response due to being slightly understaffed at the moment. Impression immediately corrected. He explained that pretty much all the marketing photos of WM157B is the tan model, shot by Mandos under different lighting conditions. So yeah that makes sense. Wish I knew that before. I think WM should provide Mandos some more sample products of different versions of each doll (or fly him over for some larger comparison shoots), so the marketing material could show off more of the possible variations. Hey at least the 172B has both light tan and tan shoots.

Round 1 done. Now to find some patience and wait for round 2 ๐Ÿ˜

Until then... Mental post-it to self: "STOP looking at WM172B pictures and posts, you bloody idiot..."
Norway. My doll will not wear bikinis. She will wear fur coats...

Rock13
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Re: First doll - Order on Jul 27th

Post by Rock13 »

Mixing pigments into TPE and silicone is a combination of art and science, but apparently it's not precise. This results in ranges of skin tone that the manufacturers consider acceptable. For instance, my Hadleigh and Kendall are both fair-skinned, but the former is much warmer in tone than the latter.
Hadleigh is a fair-skinned WM163C/#188, Harper (#124) is a medium toned WM164D, Kendall is a fair-skinned 163C/#398. All via RLSD.

Link to Hadleigh's photo thread

Link to Harper's photo thread

Link to Kendall's photo thread

Link to the H2K Ranch

Nicci
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Nicci »

Aug 11th. Factory pictures received.

In the meantime, I have gotten a few (automated, I assume) helpful emails from SL with info on makeup, clothing, etc. Nice touch!
And Nick has been sorting out my query regarding matte/gloss lips. Apparently the glossy choice is nothing permanent, but when it cracks, it's a bit painstaking to remove entirely. Good info to have! (They should put that in an info-box in their order form for newbies like me).

Is it normal to be nervous when you get that factory pictures email? ๐Ÿ˜…

All good impressions for now!

And Rock13, sorry for not replying earlier, but yeah that seems to be the case.
Attachments
8868 IMG_8866.jpg
8868 IMG_8866.jpg (572.35 KiB) Viewed 1341 times

Nicci
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Nicci »

Wow, customs... fun stuff.

Aug 17th. E-mail with tracking information received.

Aug 26th. Text from UPS saying they need papers for customs. Bla bla. I contacted SL about it and after some back and forth where they said they would handle communication with UPS/customs. And after a while, finally...

Sep 19th. UPS delivered the box. No clue what happened to import fees or whatever. SL magic? I'm not complaining, and I certainly won't chase that down on my own accord. And then, the fun stuff...

Sep 23rd. Finally found some time to unbox and get familiar with the doll. Honestly, just posing it in a couple different positions made my day.

Obviously, I don't have much experience with the doll yet, but for now I am quite pleased with her. And I am pleased with SL as the supplier. My impression of them and their support staff is very positive. Sure, delivery/transport after the shipment reached Norway took a while, but I suspected that would be the case anyway. I do not know if there was anything SL could have done to facilitate that better/more smoothly, but honestly, a few weeks give or take doesn't really matter to me. The shipment time from order till it reached customs was impressive though - less than a month. All-in-all less than 2 months from order placement to product in-hand. Not bad at all!

Norbud

Post by Norbud »

Hello.

Nice to read your story. I too am a Norwegian and have ordered my first doll from Silicone Lovers. Your story gave me confidence in purchasing from a vendor outside Norway. Thanks for sharing. I will share my story too when I learn this forum and I get beyond just the confirmation date.

Nick is very nice indeed. He helped quickly with changing the size of the body on the doll I ordered, and some other options. I changed my mind after their 48 hour grace period, and it transitioned into the weekend. The factory had accepted the order too, so would I get the change in time? Many feelings went through me when purchasing the first doll, as many say here. I ordered a 150 cm tall doll because of storing and weight. After thinking of what I am really investing in, I changed my mind and closed my eyes on the price and wanted a taller doll with larger breasts. Their tallest size was 165 cm, and that feels more natural when standing with a tape measure. So I am very happy and thankful I got a repsonce from Nick on sunday and luckily it wans't too late. I went on their help section, and there was a link to pay for the administration fee to change your order, which I payed for, and they delivered. I am very happy to pay for the help on a Sunday, and any other day for that matter. :angel:

I purchased an Elsa Babe doll, as I love their anime/fantasy dolls. The doll is also silicone, and want a doll that lasts as long as possible. I have no experience with silicone toys over long times, have only read online that it is said to last many years. I only have room for one (for now). :whistle:

I also hope that my import fees vanish by the magic of Silicone Lovers. The Norwegian import fees can make international purchases quite expensive. The doll also has large gel breasts, and I worry it might get damaged in shipping. I hope for the best. I was lucky with changing my order, and I was lucky SL has a sale now with many free options. I hope my luck is good on shipping too. Anyone reading this in the near future that wants a doll should check their site now. I dont know how long sale last, but I found it to be a great deal.

Was the box the doll was shipped in much larger than the doll? I have read it is a good option to store the doll in. I have purcased a neck hook for my doll, so I was gonna stuff her in the closet standing up, hooked to a rack. I might want to keep the box for when moving housing later in life.

I love the blue eyes and blond hair on your doll, they are both beautiful. I chose blue eyes and blond hair on mine too. :D

Nicci
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Nicci »

Norbud wrote: โ†‘Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:05 pm I also hope that my import fees vanish by the magic of Silicone Lovers. The Norwegian import fees can make international purchases quite expensive. The doll also has large gel breasts, and I worry it might get damaged in shipping. I hope for the best. I was lucky with changing my order, and I was lucky SL has a sale now with many free options. I hope my luck is good on shipping too. Anyone reading this in the near future that wants a doll should check their site now. I dont know how long sale last, but I found it to be a great deal.

Was the box the doll was shipped in much larger than the doll? I have read it is a good option to store the doll in. I have purcased a neck hook for my doll, so I was gonna stuff her in the closet standing up, hooked to a rack. I might want to keep the box for when moving housing later in life.

I love the blue eyes and blond hair on your doll, they are both beautiful. I chose blue eyes and blond hair on mine too. :D
First, my experience with customs is not a guarantee. I might have gotten very lucky. But I am curious if it happens to you as well. Please send me a msg and let me know?

The shipping box is a decent storage option, although not an esthetically pleasing one. Its somewhat dirty from shipping and got banged up a little. It's just cardboard with some reinforcement on the inside.

I got a cheap(ish) AJ lockable bookshelf that I modified somewhat. I'll attach a picture. If I knew then what I know now, I'd go for a slightly more expensive 50cm wide metal wardrobe with the possibility to hang. But this works for me (and I got room for a second one ๐Ÿ˜Š).

I have 4 wigs all from WM. But I keep returning to the blonde one... ๐Ÿ˜Š I'll buy a more fancy one soon - just haven't gotten around to it yet.

20220926_101102.jpg
20220926_101102.jpg (3.1 MiB) Viewed 1022 times
PS: there are proper bolts under her feet for standing. SL supplied this to me when I asked about it.

Norbud

Post by Norbud »

Hello again. :D

Very nice :thumbs_up: Thank you for showing a picture.

It looks like a good storage setup. Do you have plans for a head stand? I have also seen the heads hung upside down.

The doll I have ordered have standing feet, but with large breasts. I was thinking of dividing the weight distribution between the neck hooked with a ratchet strap for adjustments over a solid clothesrack-bar screwed into the wood sides of the closet, standing on the feet on the ground and a pillow against the wall. The rack is not strong enough to hold the doll I think, but it will keep it standing upwards long enough for me to notice if the legs would decide to give in, hence the distribution. I also think it looks so rough for the neck bolt to hold the entire body weight, though I have seen them hung like that in the factories.

I have ordered a large storage bag + more cleaning accessories from Coeros website, after the sent me a welcome message here. Their spill free cleaning tool will make life so easy. I have only ordered it as for now, so can't give an opinion on it, but their video was very convinsing. I was thinking of using a aquarium air pump for air drying the openings after tampongs or drysticks. It seems like a quiet and reliable method. I haven't decided on a place I like that sells one. Do you know somewhere to get one, if you do it that way? :)

I also agree with your opinion on shipping boxes. My germophobia really don't like to keep boxes around either. I would only need it later for moving housing, but that will be an issue for when that comes.

I'll keep you and all other Norwegians who want dolls updated on the import taxes. :thumbs_up:

Nicci
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Nicci »

Norbud wrote: โ†‘Fri Nov 04, 2022 7:24 pm Hello again. :D

Very nice :thumbs_up: Thank you for showing a picture.

It looks like a good storage setup. Do you have plans for a head stand? I have also seen the heads hung upside down.

The doll I have ordered have standing feet, but with large breasts. I was thinking of dividing the weight distribution between the neck hooked with a ratchet strap for adjustments over a solid clothesrack-bar screwed into the wood sides of the closet, standing on the feet on the ground and a pillow against the wall. The rack is not strong enough to hold the doll I think, but it will keep it standing upwards long enough for me to notice if the legs would decide to give in, hence the distribution. I also think it looks so rough for the neck bolt to hold the entire body weight, though I have seen them hung like that in the factories.

I have ordered a large storage bag + more cleaning accessories from Coeros website, after the sent me a welcome message here. Their spill free cleaning tool will make life so easy. I have only ordered it as for now, so can't give an opinion on it, but their video was very convinsing. I was thinking of using a aquarium air pump for air drying the openings after tampongs or drysticks. It seems like a quiet and reliable method. I haven't decided on a place I like that sells one. Do you know somewhere to get one, if you do it that way? :)

I also agree with your opinion on shipping boxes. My germophobia really don't like to keep boxes around either. I would only need it later for moving housing, but that will be an issue for when that comes.

I'll keep you and all other Norwegians who want dolls updated on the import taxes. :thumbs_up:
No i dont have any plans for a head stand. I guess I really should, but the height of my storage solution doesn't allow for it. Should be fine right? ๐Ÿ˜Š

I don't think you need to worry about the neck bolt at all. Carrying capacity should be way above required (I have one as well just don't use it), and it's directly connected to the skeleton. The wardrobe rack should be fine, as long as the span isn't too big. The large breasts though... I guess they recommend vertical storage because of the tpe sagging over time. But hey, if you let her out frequently enough (which I do and plan to continue on doing) I guess you should be fine? ๐Ÿ˜ But I'd put her in vertical storage if you plan on abandoning her for longer periods (keep the original box in the garage or whatever). But why would you, you monster?! ๐Ÿ˜‚

I went for insert just for the ease of cleaning. And while the feel of it is perhaps subpar (I don't have a reference for comparison), it does make up for it in time saved cleaning up, even factoring some time spent prepping. If you're used to a fleshlight, it doesn't take much longer and is pretty much the same process. Rinse, let air-dry and good to go. I use the official fleshlight cleaning solution on the TPE as well. I don't know if it's good or bad to do so, but I haven't seen any adverse effects yet.

WM dolls has this UV cleaning machine. Maybe it's the one you mention? I might get that for my next doll... We'll see, havent decided yet.

Hey, random tip: get a waterproof bed sheet from IKEA or whatever. I'm sure you can figure some use for it ๐Ÿ˜

Norbud

Post by Norbud »

Nicci wrote:No i dont have any plans for a head stand. I guess I really should, but the height of my storage solution doesn't allow for it. Should be fine right? ๐Ÿ˜Š

I don't think you need to worry about the neck bolt at all. Carrying capacity should be way above required (I have one as well just don't use it), and it's directly connected to the skeleton. The wardrobe rack should be fine, as long as the span isn't too big. The large breasts though... I guess they recommend vertical storage because of the tpe sagging over time. But hey, if you let her out frequently enough (which I do and plan to continue on doing) I guess you should be fine? ๐Ÿ˜ But I'd put her in vertical storage if you plan on abandoning her for longer periods (keep the original box in the garage or whatever). But why would you, you monster?! ๐Ÿ˜‚

I went for insert just for the ease of cleaning. And while the feel of it is perhaps subpar (I don't have a reference for comparison), it does make up for it in time saved cleaning up, even factoring some time spent prepping. If you're used to a fleshlight, it doesn't take much longer and is pretty much the same process. Rinse, let air-dry and good to go. I use the official fleshlight cleaning solution on the TPE as well. I don't know if it's good or bad to do so, but I haven't seen any adverse effects yet.

WM dolls has this UV cleaning machine. Maybe it's the one you mention? I might get that for my next doll... We'll see, havent decided yet.

Hey, random tip: get a waterproof bed sheet from IKEA or whatever. I'm sure you can figure some use for it ๐Ÿ˜
I haven't felt a doll head in my hands ever, so I can't tell if it is a problem, but was just thinking of deformation of the head. I read often that they are connected with M16 threaded bolt, so I think there are many DIY ways to do this. I grabbed a head stand from Coeros with the other stuff I bought. Theirs were cheap. :thumbs_up: I also got a full size cover bag for the body and a wig stand. I have purchased both their new design cleaning kit and the pump cleaning douche bottle.

I have ordered an Elsa Babe doll, so they are made of silicone. Their heads are expensive and beautiful, so gotta make it last as long as possible. I don't know much yet about deformation and breakdown in silicone. I am still researching up on things here, and maybe someone has already found a solution to this and what to avoid. For the large breasts, I think of course like you say; play with her :multi: And the bigger the boobs, the more I want to play with them. :wink: Which is why I bought a doll with large boobs, to play with. I wonder if a soft bra with wide shoulder strap could work as a storing solution. I don't like this idea that much. I know silicone can give off oil, so it has to be a material that don't react with the oils. Another idea I have is think of cutting out an upper body shape of foam, covered in soft stain free material (microfiber maybe) that the doll can lean against, letting the breasts stay in their natural position inside hollow pockets. Maybe someone already also have done this, I haven't checked yet. :whistle: I need the doll before I can do this, and I find it to be a very solid idea.

I see now that Elsa Babe is soon starting to offer removable vaginas. They do look very nice. I wanted my doll to have a fixed one. I have some hip size toys and they are fixed holes, so I just enjoy that.

I have seen a heating rod with UV light, I didn't know the WM dolls one have it aswell. I also wonder if the UV does affect the material in any way.

The cleaning tool I talked about is this one:
https://www.coeros.com/product/top-sex-doll-cleaning/

They have a video showing it working. I think it looks like a good solution. :thumbs_up: It is probably very similar to the one you mentioned, but a little more a manual solution.

I have used drysticks for the TPE/TPR material hip toys I have, but it draws the oil out of holes and I feel like I am being very rough with the holes with putting it in. Many talk about using tampons for drying. I think that might be a better solution for an expensive doll. But I also like the aquarium pump idea for air drying. Putting a soft silicone tube into a silicone doll I find is more safe for the doll. I know silicone and TPE is a bad mix sometimes, so I don't want to use silicone tubes for them. Maybe a hard long plastic tube at the end can also work for TPE dolls. I once had a silicone sleve and TPE sleve accidently lie against eachother for a few days. Leaking oils were starting to drip off them, and the materials had ate themselves out of eachother. It stopped as soon as I took them appart and cleaned both. But it wasn't fun. :?

I am still very glad for the help Nick at Silicone Lovers is providing :angel: I am still sending them emails, and often I get very quick responses. I am awaiting a few more responses to be sure everything is perfect. He has helped me fix my order even after my purchase, just need to double check one thing about the size on the doll.
It can be up to two months before my doll is finished. :whistle: I really hope I get mine by christmas time. It will therefore be some time before I get any more knowledge on import taxes.
The world needs more catgirls. Check out Vanilla's latest eye candy page for more cat pictures!
Elsa Babe 150cm Silicone & 160cm TPE - ZHB001, ZHB003, DHR003, XHC001.
YL head #193.

Nicci
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Nicci »

Oh it's silicone. Dunno how this would work then, but here's the WM dolls cleaning machine/kit:

https://siliconelovers.com/products/aut ... y-wm-dolls

Seems there's a drying mode as well.
There's a video available online somewhere.

Wow, you are on a shopping spree ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜
Crossing my fingers for you. Would be an excellent Christmas present if it reaches you in time. Just don't forget all the other Christmas stuff! ๐Ÿ˜

Think I've seen people mention using bras for standing storage elsewhere on the forum... Man, I'm glad I prefer "small" breasts. Sounds like such a bother with the large ones. Heh, even the gel-filled ones on the WM157B are borderline for me ๐Ÿ˜…

Norbud

Post by Norbud »

Nicci wrote: โ†‘Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:00 pm Oh it's silicone. Dunno how this would work then, but here's the WM dolls cleaning machine/kit:

https://siliconelovers.com/products/aut ... y-wm-dolls

Seems there's a drying mode as well.
There's a video available online somewhere.

Wow, you are on a shopping spree ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜
Crossing my fingers for you. Would be an excellent Christmas present if it reaches you in time. Just don't forget all the other Christmas stuff! ๐Ÿ˜

Think I've seen people mention using bras for standing storage elsewhere on the forum... Man, I'm glad I prefer "small" breasts. Sounds like such a bother with the large ones. Heh, even the gel-filled ones on the WM157B are borderline for me ๐Ÿ˜…
That cleaning tool looks very nice. :D I have very little option for carryin the doll to the shower to clean other than late nights, and I don't want to do that either. These spill free cleaning solutions is a must for me. Having a good storing and cleaning solution has been a large factor for not getting a doll until now.

I might have gone a little wild with the shopping. This doll is going to end up being taken better care of than myself :whistle:

And thanks for hoping my doll comes fast. :D This will be the two longest months I have had in a while. :razz:
The world needs more catgirls. Check out Vanilla's latest eye candy page for more cat pictures!
YL head #193.

Norbud

Post by Norbud »

Nicci wrote: โ†‘Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:44 am First, my experience with customs is not a guarantee. I might have gotten very lucky. But I am curious if it happens to you as well. Please send me a msg and let me know?
Hi! :D

Two months later: The Norwegian import tax for my Silicone Lovers purchase is based on production costs for the doll since they handeled all the customs for me. The price the import tax was based off was half of what I payed :D Then they also offer to refund half of the import tax, or give store credit with a slightly higher payback than half!

I couldn't get away from the customs, but the repayment made it very much less than expected!
YL head #193.

INFORMATIONS