Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Restoring a 2001 Real Doll

Mods, Repairs & Maintenance related specifically to RealDoll, including RealDoll2, Wicked RealDoll and BoyToy

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

doodman
Former Member

Restoring a 2001 Real Doll

Post by doodman »

I thought it was time that I started my repair thead on my Real Doll :D
Her name is now Miss HollyWood she is a 2001 body 3 face 5. I got Holy
free awile back she was in very bad shap :( And was in need of help so I am helping her :D she looked like this when I got to see a pic of her
By the time I got her home her condishen got worse, every time I move her she tairs some were new :( But all hope was not lost :D
my dolls are here got love them
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/index.php?cat=10489

doodman
Former Member

Post by doodman »

So lets get started :D
When I got Holly home I had to start working on her neck and jaw! There was no time to take photos. Her jaw was broke and going to mess up her face if I did not act fast. So I cut the back of her head and neck open to see what was wrong. I found that she has a fiberglass skull and there was some kind of sharp plastic bits in her neck. I dug the bits out and found out that it went to her jaw 8O The plastic bits was a thin mixing contaner that wes cut to atach the jaw to the skull. It was riveted to the fiberglass and had shatered in to pits 8O The mixing container was to thin to do the job :( So I removed the rivets and the rest of the plastic.
I cut new parts from a 5 gallon bucket the plastic was a lot thicker and stronger. Putting the new parts in was not ezey to do I used stainless stell nuts and bolts in sted of rivets. Now after I had her jaw reatached I tightend up her neck bolts and then closed up the cuts :D
In this Photo you can see a small creas in her right cheek.
But at this time I was releved that her face was going to be just fine :D

doodman
Former Member

Post by doodman »

Now it was time to save her legs :( In some of the photos you will see in this thead, will show were I was working on Holly in motabale places at the same time. In this photo you can see that her left leg was holding on by one inch of sillicone and was tore allthe way arond :(
So there was no time to L :( :( S LOL you like that?
I used Real Doll glue to do this, I aplied the glue and posioned the knee to the same spot that it had ben in when she sat in her crate. And then used stapols to hold it to gether as you see here.
I only glued the sides at this time, after the glue cured I then glued the in side as you see here. I was working on bolth knees at the same time.

At this pont her legs were not going to fall off :)
I will cover the glue later :D
at this time her legs were looking better :D

doodman
Former Member

Post by doodman »

Now that the legs were safe it was time to work on putting Holly's hands back to gether :)
When i got her bolth of her hands were off and in a box :( so She need to get her hands ack on :) she has a wrist joint that was fine so there was no need to open it up. She has some fiberglass with allumanum wire
that broke off. So I removed the wire and replaced it with copper wire as you see here.
After I got the new wire in her fingers I drilled small holes in the fiberglass so the new wires could be glued in to. You can see the holes here.
and here is the wire going through her hand.

doodman
Former Member

Post by doodman »

now it is time to glue her hands back on I did not use Real Doll glue for this, I used a Smoth-on glue for this Smoth-on glue is more softer than RD glue. And it cures faster cures in 12 minets and thas what I need to do this. I frist glued all the small bits and tairs together and then glued part of the wrist to gether. I only glue part way around not to get it all at once. If you do this you can line up the seam better rather thn do it all at once. In this photo you can see that I had glued the palm and some outher small aireas at the sam time :)

Paleonaturist
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Paleonaturist »

Wow, Dood . . .

Holly was in pretty horrific shape, but it looks as though she's got the right new man to bring her around to her former glory. Beautiful work, Dood!

~B.
"Plays with dolls"

This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty.

Mechwizard
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Mechwizard »

A hell of a job doodman.
I don't think I would have liked to take it on.
Well done. There is hope for old dolls afterall.
Mechwizard
Consort to the Queen of Curves
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=10796

Gigi_Avril

Call CSI!

Post by Gigi_Avril »

Who ever did that to this poor doll (referring to first picture) should be locked up! :evil: I am glad that she found you to nurse her back to health! Keep up the good work! :D

1singer
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Great work indeed''

Post by 1singer »

You sir are truly gifted'' I just love the way you restored that doll back to her beauty.I only wish I was so gifted,Great work''

Cherry2000

Post by Cherry2000 »

Great work. I was browsing your album and found this pic:

http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/di ... fullsize=1

Awesome work.

Cheers

Cherry

mg4
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by mg4 »

Great job Doodman, Holly is luckly to have you fix her up, the hands look like a total lost, Had to be to hardest part to fixing her.

Do you know if Wildriver has seen her latly.

doodman
Former Member

Post by doodman »

:D Thanks guys and galls for the great coments
A for your question MG4 I do not know if Wildriver has see her sence I have ben working on her.
So lets fix a dollie :lol:
Here is a shot of me working on Holly's hands :) :)
My son took this photo and yes I a beer next to me :lol: her hand were not that hard ti fix. After I got them back together it was time to put some finger nails on her. Now that was hard to do! I cut the wires off and turned a loop on each one. So that the wire ends were unde her finger nails. That way I could glue the wire to the finger nail and the nail to the sillicone. I tryed RVT sollicone to do this but it did not hold the nail on, so I tryed Smooth-on to do this it did knot work :x So far nothing ws working what was going to do this? So I went back to readding the repair section :? :? Then I found it :D Supper glue gell no that is what I am talking about :D I tryed it on one of the fingers and it worked WHOOHOO :lol: So if you ever want to glue finger nails to a sillicone doll Supper glue gell is the shit :D You can see the wire under the nails in this photo

Now her finger wires will not give her pokies :D Her fingers were done like this when she was made in 2001 and has never had a pokie :lol:
WhooHoo Holy has hands :D

doodman
Former Member

Post by doodman »

well I have found out do not use RVT sillicone on my Holly. I used RVT sillicone to repair her sholders. The RVT sillicone was holding and was hard at firt and now has turned to a gell like state and the repair has opend up agin :( Now I have to try to get the RVT sillicone off and start over.I can not aford to buy any more Real Doll repair stuff so I will try to use some of my Platnum sillicone to do the repairs. Dose any one here know if this will work?

Euchre
Ex-Member

Post by Euchre »

No Dood, From everything I've seen about it, Platinum silicone will not cure on Tin.
I was a bad boy at TDF and got ex-membered.

mytime
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by mytime »

Hi Doodman,

Euchre is right.
But I know something that maybe of help for you, I'll drop you a line.

Mytime & Helen & Carmen
One dream, one mission...

INFORMATIONS