sexyrealsexdolls.com

Some forums have posts not in a sub-category - RESOLVED

Report any bugs or problematic issues with the website here.
Everhard
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Some forums have posts not in a sub-category - RESOLVED

Post by Everhard »

Some forums have posts not in a sub-category.

What I mean is, some forums have a list of sub-forums at the top, plus active topics (from any and all the sub-forums) in a list below the top box. However, other forums seem to have a list of sub-forums at the top, plus uncategorized topics below. It is confusing. (Unless I am mistaken...)

For example:

Board index » High End Dolls » High End Dolls - American contains six sub-forums with no 'free floating' topics, as far as I can tell. In other words all topics there are in one of those six sub-categories.

Whereas Board index » General & Specialty » Dolls In General » Dolls In General (Japanese) has a single sub-category and a lot of 'free floating' topics.

I am not sure it is really a problem. Maybe I am overly fond of tidiness or something.

siliventurer
Ex-Member

Re: Some forums have posts not in a sub-category

Post by siliventurer »

Everhard wrote:Some forums have posts not in a sub-category.

What I mean is, some forums have a list of sub-forums at the top, plus active topics (from any and all the sub-forums) in a list below the top box. However, other forums seem to have a list of sub-forums at the top, plus uncategorized topics below. It is confusing. (Unless I am mistaken...)

For example:

Board index » High End Dolls » High End Dolls - American contains six sub-forums with no 'free floating' topics, as far as I can tell. In other words all topics there are in one of those six sub-categories.

OK, I looked for an example of the latter type, and I cannot find one. Looks like I am confused. I will delete this if I have not found an example in ten minutes...
Everhard, there are two types of listings.

The first type is as you described, where every sub-category has the sub-forum box and active topics box (for that sub-category).

The second type is where a forum itself has sub-forums and hence has first a sub-forum box and then the forum topics box (not to be confused with the active topics box from the first type) for the forum that is hosting the sub-forums in itself.

Therefore, the second type will not be categorized since the topics listed are those for the hosting forum. You may also want to pay attention to the title of the boxes which may help identify things more clearly. Hope this clears up your question about it.

siliventurer
Ex-Member

Re: Some forums have posts not in a sub-category

Post by siliventurer »

Everhard wrote:For example:

Whereas Board index » General & Specialty » Dolls In General » Dolls In General (Japanese) has a single sub-category and a lot of 'free floating' topics.

I am not sure it is really a problem. Maybe I am overly fond of tidiness or something.
Everhard, the two examples you have there are the two types I mentioned. The HED-American is the first type and the DIG-Japanese is the second type.

INFORMATIONS