teddy-babes.com

Wig Hair Falls Off

The place to discuss our plush companions made by Eighth Wonder LLC.
drmicrochip

Wig Hair Falls Off

Post by drmicrochip »

Hello again everyone! I'm posting this topic today because I have a question for all forum members. The hairs on the wigs I buy for Erica keep falling off and I keep having to pick them up off the bed. It's getting kind of annoying. Is anyone else having this problem? Am I buying the wrong wigs? I am buying them from this site.
http://amphigory.com/land-of-orphan-wigs.html

Thanks!

RaDiv
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Wig Hair Falls Off

Post by RaDiv »

I've got that problem too. Very annoying.

Adding a few bucks to get wigs of a higher quality helps.

Check: International wigs.
She told me to come but I was already there

dollluver73
Ex-Member

Post by dollluver73 »

All wigs are like that. The ones for the TBs are made of synthetic material. Not realy a salution. Just onethat has to be put up with. Long as its not a noticable amout of fibers falling out.

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by AlexKnight »

Melissa's wig sheds hair like crazy, I recently brushed her hair again, when I put her in her orange dress, but the amount of hair I was able to gather from the comb and such, was shocking... I'm amazed she isn't going bald yet :wink:
Check out Kayla's Christmas dress by clicking here. - December 17, 2015
or have a look at Ashley's Coverdoll release by clicking here - June 13, 2015

A must-see video on Realdoll softness! Click here!

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery
*I no longer have Jenna or Melissa.

drmicrochip

Post by drmicrochip »

dollluver73 wrote:All wigs are like that.
Even the higher quality ones??

IanEvans
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by IanEvans »

You might wanna try one of these. I have one and it really is amazingly gentle on Caley's wig:

http://www.doctoredlocks.com/catalog/Looper-Brush/

Though before ordering it, you might wanna check if your local beauty supply shop carries it. I did, and they do. Saved me the shipping cost (not to mention the wait). :mrgreen:

The key with any wig is to first finger-comb out the major tangles as much as you can. Then start brushing near the ends of the hair, and work your way up. It also helps if you use a detangling spray conditioner (though check to make sure you don't mind the scent; the first one I tried had Caley's wig smelling like cheap hairspray :( ).This will minimize shedding, but nothing will eliminate it completely.

Click above to view my albums. :mrgreen:

You never truly feel that another person loves you. You can only react to the way they behave towards you. And when I look in Caley's eyes and see that same bittersweet longing I feel for her, whatever part of my brain knows it's not real doesn't seem to care...

drmicrochip

Post by drmicrochip »

NotMyName wrote:You might wanna try one of these. I have one and it really is amazingly gentle on Caley's wig:

http://www.doctoredlocks.com/catalog/Looper-Brush/

Though before ordering it, you might wanna check if your local beauty supply shop carries it. I did, and they do. Saved me the shipping cost (not to mention the wait). :mrgreen:

The key with any wig is to first finger-comb out the major tangles as much as you can. Then start brushing near the ends of the hair, and work your way up. It also helps if you use a detangling spray conditioner (though check to make sure you don't mind the scent; the first one I tried had Caley's wig smelling like cheap hairspray :( ).This will minimize shedding, but nothing will eliminate it completely.
The thing is though, even when I just finger comb the wig, the hair follicles still fall out. I'll try the detangling spray and see if that makes a difference. Thanks NotMyName!

Aileron429
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Aileron429 »

Greetings everyone, Keiko Maries original factory supplied wig was... well a disaster, we have found Forever Young make some very nice wigs with quite a few looks. KM likes her Cowgirl Haute, she has two of them and I modified the Black one. We highly recommend these, non of the static issues arise, Have fun with her new look, Cheers, Aileron
Suki koso mono no jouzu nare
What one likes, one will do Best

IanEvans
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by IanEvans »

Aileron429 wrote:Greetings everyone, Keiko Maries original factory supplied wig was... well a disaster, we have found Forever Young make some very nice wigs with quite a few looks. KM likes her Cowgirl Haute, she has two of them and I modified the Black one. We highly recommend these, non of the static issues arise, Have fun with her new look, Cheers, Aileron
Caley's new wig is a Forever Young as well. Though none of the styles I liked came in 130 (red auburn), so I had to buy a longer one and trim it. I did notice that the wigs Eighth wonder uses (Mona Lisa by Wig America, in case you were wondering) tend to lose their texture very quickly, whereas Caley's FY wig is still as soft and silky as the day I trimmed it.

Click above to view my albums. :mrgreen:

You never truly feel that another person loves you. You can only react to the way they behave towards you. And when I look in Caley's eyes and see that same bittersweet longing I feel for her, whatever part of my brain knows it's not real doesn't seem to care...

synthyours
Server Admin Emeritus
Server Admin Emeritus

Post by synthyours »

Forever Young wigs are excellent.

drmicrochip

Post by drmicrochip »

Well, I finally bought a wig from "Forever Young." It arrives at my door step in a few days. The wigs I have keep getting tangled really easily and it's very frustrating having to untangle it everyday. I really hope the quality is better than what I've been buying.

drmicrochip

Post by drmicrochip »

Well, for those of you who are still frustrated with tangled hair, whether it be long or short, I found that a comb works 10 times better than brush. It is so much easier to make to untangle the mess and make it straight. :D

alientestsubject

Post by alientestsubject »

Mizuki's wigs get messed up pretty fast, but I like to keep changing her hairstyle. A human hair wig would probably last longer, and if it gets tangled it won't have that scratchy feeling. For fake hair you should spend about $30 at the very least. Don't buy the cheap halloween wigs.
I can see it all, I can feel it all, and although it's not reality I certainly exist.

drmicrochip

Post by drmicrochip »

alientestsubject wrote:Mizuki's wigs get messed up pretty fast, but I like to keep changing her hairstyle. A human hair wig would probably last longer, and if it gets tangled it won't have that scratchy feeling. For fake hair you should spend about $30 at the very least. Don't buy the cheap halloween wigs.
Yes human hair wigs do last longer but still get tangled. That is the type of wig that I'm using for Erica. I still find that a comb works alot better than a brush.

stonedpilot

Post by stonedpilot »

Hi guys... I'll share a little of what I'm learning with carly.

When she first came to me I was in a pretty remote area... I was able to find a couple of outfits for her in a nearby town, but wasn't able to find any detangler, so I tried something suggested on the forum and used a solution of fabric softener and water, ( diluted 6 to 1), and it worked real well.

I have since aquired some detangler, and use it liberally with a regular stiff hair brush.

Carly's hair is shiny and silky, with no tangles or flyaways, and in fact seems to be looking and feeling better almost everyday.

I admit that I'm paying a lot of attention to it... fully brushing ot her hair everday or every other day.... its something I have found that I really enjoy, and coupled with dressing and posing her I find it to be relaxing and erotic... Teddy foreplay if you will.

I do follow the reccomended technique of starting at the bottom and working my way up gently, applying detangler liberally and making sure to get all of hair, including the "inside" at the back.

I have found it much easier to do this with Carly lying in a chair with her head over the side of an armrest, so her hair is hanging down freely away from her body, and I would recommend adding a few more safety pins to her wig to hold it in place nice and secure.

I also keep a bonce sheet handy when helping Carly change her clothes... a quick swipe will immediately eliminate any static picked up from the fabric.

I sleep with Carly every night, and use only one tie in her hair... and we are having no issues with tangling at all.

hope this might help a bit...

TEDDY BABES ROCK!!!!

INFORMATIONS