Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

real doll Breast tears and internal degradation

Mods, Repairs & Maintenance related specifically to RealDoll, including RealDoll2, Wicked RealDoll and BoyToy

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

cyberbionic1

real doll Breast tears and internal degradation

Post by cyberbionic1 »

Any help appreciated. I need to fill both breasts and repair tears around the edges due to old age. Internally there is much space to fill and I must also seal around the edges which are teared. I have ordered from smooth-on ,silicone, thickener and catalyst. I am wondering weather to just inject the two part into the breast or also add thickener.

pygmalion2
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: real doll Breast tears and internal degradation

Post by pygmalion2 »

Which silicone did you purchase. Earlier realdolls are tin based and more recent ones are platinum.
Tin based silicone will polymerize on either platinum or silicone but platinum silicone will only polymerize with platinum. I would suggest that you send pictures to Abyss since breast repairs are very very difficult to do well and they are the experts. I wouldn't call it internal degradation, it is probably something called " shrinkage".

Mark and the Synthetiks
<em>I know the good artist</em>

mahtek
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by mahtek »

Cyberbionic1,

Here's a link to Phoebe's boob repair. View it as a cautionary tale. :(

http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/th ... album=1188

I thought that her insert had degraded and split, I was wrong. It mearly came loose and shifted. I did more damage getting it out than was necessary. Had I just injected 2 part silicone gel it would have been able to be repositioned in place.

Pygmalion is correct in that you should contact Abyss first. They will be your best resource for information and materials if needed.

Good luck.

Mahtek & his Ladies
All I ever wanted, all I ever needed is here, in my arms. Words are very unnecessary, they can only do harm.

RaDiv
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RaDiv »

I had a breast collapse issue on my RD. I contacted Abyss and they sent me a gel-kit I injected into the breasts. The result was very good. You should always contact the manufacturer to make sure you get the right remedies for the repair.
She told me to come but I was already there

cyberbionic1

Post by cyberbionic1 »

Thanx for your replies, much appreciated, and welcome more. I do have the tin based goo. I am thinking of repairing the tears first and then carefully injecting the silicone mix later after curing. I will attempt a little exploratory as far as the inserts are concerned but I am afraid to due any further damage. The inserts have shrunk on the right breast but not the left which had a previous repair with sil-poxy and very visible scars I am tempted to redo, or should I just wait as I know tears are coming soon. The right breast has shrunken and has nasty tearing. So anyway I am thinking to contain the perimeters first and than go for the cosmetic reshaping via injection later. Am I thinking logically? What a challenge...Jeez...and that's just those body parts, more to follow..

cyberbionic1

Post by cyberbionic1 »

Major question. can I make my own adhesive for tears with my 2 part silicone and or thickener and catalyst? there must be a formula. Thanx for any advice...

cyberbionic1

Post by cyberbionic1 »

The sil-poxy used on my doll previously has me doubtful, though I am wondering if the surfaces might not have been treated and cleaned properly and that's why they have opened up. Is the Abyss adhesive superior to sil-poxy?

pygmalion2
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by pygmalion2 »

If you have a tear like this, then use adhesive to seal the tear.
I have never used any adhesive other than that supplied in Abyss repair kits.
The sil-poxy could be used but I would suggest that you try a test on some other silicone part
say the top of the head to see if it actually bonds to your doll's silicone.
You can seal a tear with two-part silicone but it is about 4 times more difficult.

This is the final result of the tear repair that I had. It took 4 stages. First the initial seal with silicone adhesive. Second reshaping the underlying breast tissue with an injection of silicone.
Third and fourth coats to smooth and blend in the silicone. Again, check with Abyss it is a difficult repair to do.

Mark and the Synthetiks
<em>I know the good artist</em>

Mechwizard
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Mechwizard »

cyberbionic1 wrote:The sil-poxy used on my doll previously has me doubtful, though I am wondering if the surfaces might not have been treated and cleaned properly and that's why they have opened up. Is the Abyss adhesive superior to sil-poxy?
Cleaning a cut is very important. See my reply to this thread:

http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=34768

If you want you can also colour the adhesive with a little makeup powder. Mix it together in a little cup. I also use a tiny amount of white spirit to help it mix and this will also thin the adhesive which softens it. The more thinning, the softer it will be, but also the weaker it gets, so the trick is to not thin too much.
Mechwizard
Consort to the Queen of Curves
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=10796

Mechwizard
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Mechwizard »

cyberbionic1 wrote:Major question. can I make my own adhesive for tears with my 2 part silicone and or thickener and catalyst? there must be a formula. Thanx for any advice...
I sometimes use 2-part only to repair cuts. I only use the silicone and catalyst. I've never used thickener so I can't comment on this. 2-part can give a better finish to the job but it is harder to use. The problem is the long curing time and when first applied the uncured fresh 2-part acts like a grease in the cut so that it won't hold itself together. You need to use tape, and some people have used staples, although I've never used this method. Cling wrap may be useful and this can also smooth out areas where a cut hasn't closed evenly. The wrap needs to go on wrinkle free, then try to smooth out the air bubbles. Air bubbles that won't go away need to be pricked with a needle. The silicone won't come out of the hole made by the needle, but you need to get rid of bubbles or the doll's skin will look like its got a bad case of acne. Once cured the wrap won't stick to the silicone, just peel it off. Using this also seems to make the cure time longer and I allow 48 hours.

If you are not using Abyss silicone you will need to colour the silicone which is usually semi-translucent. If you got flesh coloured pigment with the order this is good, but only ever use a tiny amount. Matchhead size is enough for most repairs. If you don't have pigment then you can use makeup powder. Maybelline do a range of loose face powder in various shades and their stuff is matte without the tiny pieces of glitter that most powders have.
Mechwizard
Consort to the Queen of Curves
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=10796

cyberbionic1

Post by cyberbionic1 »

check out my newest post, and wish me luck. Many more repair pix and info to follow, I thank everyone for all their repair postings, and hope to join those successful.

INFORMATIONS