Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Buyers remorse?

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

Star88
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Buyers remorse?

Post by Star88 »

New to the forum, but been reading for a while. I stumbled across the Realdoll website a few years ago and was amazed from day one. I never actually though I'd get to a point where I might make a purchace, but I find myself now both willing, and in a finacial situation I can. Having said that, I'm not in a place I can throw my money away. Has anyone suffered buyers remorse after taking the plunge into doll ownership?

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Re: Buyers remorse?

Post by AlexKnight »

First of all, welcome to the Doll Forum!

Now to your question, most members who have bought a Realdoll haven't had buyers remorse. But that's mostly because, before they ordered, they did a bit of homework by reading the various threads here. Personally, I've had my Realdoll for 4,5 years, and never had a moment of regret.

I knew silicone dolls would be heavy, so that wasn't a disappointment when I got her.
And, as long as you keep in mind, she is, and always will be a doll, and she can't do anything to help you, you shouldn't get any buyers remorse.

Just a few days ago, I've ordered a Wicked Realdoll Kaylani Lei doll, and I'm 100% sure, I won't get any buyers remorse with her either.
Check out Kayla's Christmas dress by clicking here. - December 17, 2015
or have a look at Ashley's Coverdoll release by clicking here - June 13, 2015

A must-see video on Realdoll softness! Click here!

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery
*I no longer have Jenna or Melissa.

roustabout

Post by roustabout »

No buyers remorse. Hap and I did a lot of research before getting Stacy and that helped, but do not underestimate the weight of these dolls. That has been the only issue.
Attachments
stacy's x-mas pics 2010 071.JPG
stacy's x-mas pics 2010 071.JPG (1.76 MiB) Viewed 3556 times

muzza
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by muzza »

Star 88,
It is always good to see a lurker unlurk. Welcome.
In regard to remorse, No, definitely not, quite the reverse in fact, but everyone is different and don't expect a trouble free life. There is a steep and significant learning curve most times enjoyable sometimes not.

A good general principle of life, at least in a financial sense, is 'Never spend more than you are prepared to lose'.
Before committing to buying a high end doll and spending over $5000 I purchased a good quality blow up at around $200 for the purpose of ascertaining whether a doll would actually work for me ...... the rest, as they say, is history.

I invite you to view my blog at CoverDoll. Just click on this link.
http://coverdoll.com/drupal/?q=blog/264

Good Luck

muz and the girls
Ah Love Could thou and I with fate conspire to grasp this sorry scheme of things entire Would not we shatter it to bits and then remould it nearer to the Heart's desire.

Mr Dolliver
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Mr Dolliver »

Playtime
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Playtime »

G'day everyone,....

Welcome star 88,...

Any remorse? Non that I have,... I can only say that after paying for my Doll and getting confirmation of receipt of payment and her order no, you may have a momment when you think "what the frak have I done!??"
But once that moment passes its all good. As has been mentioned do a lot of reading and dont be shy about asking questions, come visit us in the Chatroom and get any answers to your questions,...

The closest you might come to remorse is if you question yourself over such a major purchase so make sure you can bear the cost.
Even when you get your doll you will still learn as you go and its fun if you take it slow and remember she is a doll.

Playtime.
Playing with dolls is a joy!

Kaori's Antics

WARNING:  The Dolls are starting to play back!

Kazuo
Ex-Member

Post by Kazuo »

I couldn't say buyer's remorse but not what I expected.

When Stephanie finally arrived I was expecting a honeymoon passion. I'd already selected her clothes and had big plans.

Unfortunately there were somethings I did not expect. So prepare yourself.

Getting these girls dressed an undressed is very difficult. Very carefully consider the clothing you buy. Remember, they can't move their arms like we can, so you will have to fit the clothes around them. Also be prepared to modify clothing by adding zippers and velcro. This makes dressing much easier.

Second, managing wigs is difficult. Try starting with a shorter wig.

Third, these girls are very heavy and not easy to move. Stephanie has left the bed twice in over a year. Plan on keeping your RD in one general area.

Fourth, making love to an RD is very different than masturbation. This is just my personal experience. You're probably a master by now at bringing yourself to climax quickly and easily, by imagining your somewhere else, and creating arousing images in your mind. Making love to an RD is very different and more challenging. You must become aroused by where you are and what you're doing. Not easy since you're used to the opposite. Also you must maintain a constant erection for a long time before you climax.

These are just my experiences. It may be different for others.

Christine
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Christine »

Mr Dolliver wrote:I had been looking at some of the pictures online for some time and finally decided on purchasing one of the factory second - torso's listed in the buy/sell section last week. When it arrived I was surprised how heavy it was and I now think I might not enjoy a full size doll...

Anyway this is a picture of Sara, I am going to try and build a complete doll using the torso and try to keep the cost down to around $1300. I am very happy with the head I found (with real human hair - no wig) and today I added masterpiece eyes. Arms and legs next...

That is one very pretty doll!!! She is HOT!!

Bianca
Site Owners Group
Site Owners Group

Post by Bianca »

Midiman is very pleased with me ;) Abyss and Matt McMullen are nice to deal with. Dependable as is the product. Midi also has Jenny Densuke a B2 and jessica drake a Wicked RealDoll. The introduction of the RealDoll 2 and Licensed Wicked RealDolls added some significant improvements. Jenny & I are RD1 models.

Me and my sisters at Midiman's house...

Most first time doll owners do meet with some growing curves which can result in disappointment. Dolls are not like real woman. They are like living with a quadrapalegic. You must do everything for them and they are static during sex.

There are lots of pointers on how to care for, repair and have sex with your dolls. An dyes, even teh sex can be a bit of a chore until you figure it out :)

The more you read the happier you will be when it arrives and there are lots of members here that will be delighted to answer your questions, so don't be afraid to ask. There is no such thing as a stupid doll question ;)

Best of luck on your purchase.
xxxooo Bianca
COVERDOLL
Galleries at ...
Coverdoll | Doll Forum

cosycottage

Post by cosycottage »

In my mind, half the fun is dressing your dolly and building her character, plus of course getting involved in the community of like-minded individuals on forums like this :mrgreen:

Photographing your girl and cosplay are also a big part of it.

Kiko and I like to watch movies together and hang out.

I have no regrets, let alone remorse. Kiko is the most wonderful thing to have happened to me in a good number of years.

Basically, your dolly is what you make of her. So, you know what, just have fun! :razz: :thumbs_up:
"Before we set our hearts too much upon anything, let us examine how happy those are who already possess it." Francois de La Rochefoucauld

trauma
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by trauma »

Sound's like you would enjoy a Realdoll because you were hooked at first sight and that moment was years ago. So you're curiosity will not go away until you have obtained one. You can always sell it and recoup a majority of the investment.

Star88
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Star88 »

Thanks for the input. I have done quite a bit of reading and research up to this point, I've emailed Abyss a few time aswell. The forums and Abyss have been very helpful in answering most of my questions. Good to know that I'll get the help when I ask for it.

18_Cherry
Doll
Doll

Post by 18_Cherry »

The only remorse most buyers experience is not having bought a doll sooner!

Hope to see your doll soon!

Cherry :P

AGL
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by AGL »

Although I don't own a silicone doll yet, I do second muzza's comment about trying a high end vinyl doll first. While obviously not as realistic as a silicone, one will give you a feeling as to whether the idea of a doll is to your liking.

There have been some who have gotten vinyls, then realized that it just wasn't for them. No big deal, as you can get a doll like Hannah Harper off of Amazon for about $130. Much better to be out that much, rather than $5000, IMO.

After that, if you feel that doll ownership is for you, then go for a silicone. Just my two cents.

r4m
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by r4m »

Star88 wrote:New to the forum, but been reading for a while. I stumbled across the Realdoll website a few years ago and was amazed from day one. I never actually though I'd get to a point where I might make a purchace, but I find myself now both willing, and in a finacial situation I can. Having said that, I'm not in a place I can throw my money away. Has anyone suffered buyers remorse after taking the plunge into doll ownership?
Yes, but it was because I had not found this site yet. I bought from a low-life that bought a mold, and used the original owners photos. He didn't have the ability to make a quality doll, took about 5 times longer than promised, and got every option the exact opposite of what I ordered. Then I found this place and did lots of homework. No more remorse, as the reviews and information here give you a realistic idea of what to expect.

Cheers,
r4m
My dolls can be seen here - http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/index.php?cat=11496

INFORMATIONS