sexyrealsexdolls.com

Torso doll repair! Here goes nothing!

Mods, Repairs & Maintenance related specifically to not specifically listed Silicone Dolls
minezoni
Active Poster
Active Poster

Torso doll repair! Here goes nothing!

Post by minezoni »

Well my girl is a bit worse for wear! Here is a pic that doesnt show much damage. Nice! I am repairing her today.
1st She has a horrible split on her neck. I have place a 1 1/2 ft copper pipe through her head and into her chest foam core, thus stablizing her head. I will attempt to seal the slit with Platsil gel 10 deadened 1:1 ratio of platsil a&b to Deadener.
2nd. She needs help down stairs. I will perform a recore, and sculpt a new labia.
3rd She has a split along the left side of her chest just under the breast.
4th She has a split along side of her left hip. This will be sealed with the same mixture as above.
I will clean all repair areas with mineral spirits before starting. Any advice before I start?
Attachments
DSC03284.JPG
DSC03284.JPG (2.53 MiB) Viewed 3429 times

minezoni
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Torso doll repair! Here goes nothing!

Post by minezoni »

here are the pics. Please post suggestions.
Attachments
DSC03422.JPG
DSC03422.JPG (2.38 MiB) Viewed 3428 times
DSC03421.JPG
DSC03421.JPG (2.74 MiB) Viewed 3428 times
DSC03420.JPG
DSC03420.JPG (2.61 MiB) Viewed 3428 times
DSC03419.JPG
DSC03419.JPG (2.65 MiB) Viewed 3428 times

Mechwizard
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Mechwizard »

That's some ugly damage. Make sure you use silicone that is compatible with the doll. Test somewhere inconspicuous if you're not sure. When filling gaps I find its best to have the area as horizontal as possible so postioning the doll with pillows or other props will be necessary. For large gaps like the hip and neck you may have to do it in stages rather than one go. Find something that will give a smooth finish like cling wrap or latex sheet, whatever you can find. On the neck you may have to do some trimming first to get rid of the high spots.
Mechwizard
Consort to the Queen of Curves
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=10796

minezoni
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by minezoni »

Can anyone tell me what type of silicone is most commonly used? I am having problems getting the new silicone to stick!

siliconelover
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconelover »

davecarbass wrote:Can anyone tell me what type of silicone is most commonly used? I am having problems getting the new silicone to stick!
Use SilPoxy for the repairing of cracks and splits. For fill I'm not sure. I would contact Don at Ruby 13 for platinum silicone fill material. He should be (and will want to) help you. He has proven to be dedicated to doll world and if nothing more will be able to shed some light on your needs.

Make sure the area to be repaired is cleaned thoroghly and dried before application of repair material. Temperature and humidity control will only aid and help in the curing process.
SEX, DOLLS and ROCK & ROLL

beardygoat
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by beardygoat »

here goes NOTHING?? not the words i would use. /best of luck

call Don at Ruby13.

minezoni
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by minezoni »

I got the recore and new labia completed. I carefully used silicone1 to attach the labia. I used Platsil gel 10 with 30% prosthetic deadener for the recore. Worked nicely, but now she is a bit "snug". That will have to be worked out! I repaired the tear along the side of the hip. I am not happy with the color match. I am going to redo the repair in a few days. I will most likely close the tear with silicone1 and smooth over with the last 3 ounces of the repair kit that I have been saving. The neck tear is such an ominous job lurking over me that I have not attempted any silicone work on it as of yet.....Thanks for all the great advice.
Attachments
DSC03515.JPG
DSC03515.JPG (2.51 MiB) Viewed 3295 times

Obin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Obin »

davecarbass, are you using windex to clean the silicone? That makes sense, though.

thrforeman

Post by thrforeman »

There are two types of sillicone that are used most.

tin type and platinum silicone.
if your doll doesn´t work with platgel you might use a tin type you can easy recognize a tin type silicone because hardener is a one to ten ratio plat is one to one. Tin type from smooth on is MoldMax-translucent - should use the same thinner but please check.

For the side split use to cut of some foam material so you have more material of the skin and a more durable cure.
You can form the silicone when it starts to cure with a latex one way glove. Add some dishwashing soap on the glove so it will not stick.
Use small needles to bend the silicone or for sculpting. Toluole will make the surface a little bit softer for sculpt, never rub because it ruin your surface try to push it gently....

INFORMATIONS