Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Disinfecting refurbished dolls

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

klp51d

Disinfecting refurbished dolls

Post by klp51d »

Hi,
I have just purchased a refurbished Real Doll.
What are the best ways to disinfect the three entries to best protect from catching anything?

I have heard bleach is an option.
Is this just regular Clorox, watered down?
If so, what amount of bleach to what amount of water. Also, is there a danger of discoloring the silicon using bleach.

Anyone know the usual service life of the entries.

Thanks for any assistance.

klp51d

mytime
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by mytime »

Hi klp51d,

You can use a 10% bleach solution, and I think without risk on a Realdoll, for one time, and for short time, only for one minute desinfecting. (don't use the doll as swimming pool object, that long time in bleach water in the pool will bleach her skin).
Rinse her with a lot of water directly after.
Should work.

If not confident, use pure ethanol, that desinfects also and doesn't discolour your doll 100% sure.

mytime
One dream, one mission...

Sith_Lord

Post by Sith_Lord »

Just get a bottle of rubbing alchohol. I never cared for the bleach idea as you could easily spill it and end up with a white spot on your carpet. The alchohol is much safer.

Of course you should first use a detergent of some kind (dish soap or shampoo) to remove any lube/goo then finish with the alchohol to sterilize.
I suddenly realized I\'m living in a dollhouse!

shelly
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Sanitizing Used REALdoll

Post by shelly »

:D Hi Guys and Gals,
Noticed this one right away!
BLEACH is so NOT recommended for use on REALdoll skin EVER.
Alcohol is good and Acetone is also good, we use Acetone on them for the after mold Bath and I have had a piece of silicone sitting in a bath of silicone now since March 22/ 04 just to test the "new" formula and NOTHING , not gooey or cracking or anything.
That is all from me, for what it's worth :wink:
Shelly

mytime
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by mytime »

Hi Shelly,

Good to hear proffesional comment on this.
Some members have used bleach as desinfection on Realdolls, and it seems to work.
But that chlorine will bleach out pigment of the doll.
Personally I've only used bleach on latex and futurotic (Alexa, Lorissa inflatable love doll vagina).
For those bleach works, but I rinse the doll after one minute after I've used the bleach with a lot of water.
But on a 6 K doll, I can imagine it's better to spend some money to buy pure alcohol.
By the way, can the doll get drunk from this way of desinfection?!?
And ... has a drunken realdoll a big desire for passionate loving and sex?!?
:lol:

mytime
One dream, one mission...

pygmalion2
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by pygmalion2 »

I've used hydrogen peroxide from a contact lens solution.
It has a much better LD-50 (lethal dosage to kill 50% of organisms)
for most bacteria and very importantly viruses than either bleach or
70% alcholol.
It has also been designed for use with porous plastic (of the contacts)
:roll: Anyways, my two cents. Mark_Y

For me I opened everything up and re-lined with fresh silicone,...
two times now.

Inuyasha

Post by Inuyasha »

KLP51D,
I don't see that anyone has addressed your question regarding service life of the orifices.

I think that is going to depend on a lot of factors such as how often is the doll used for sex with that orifice, how big is the person inserting into her, how rough is that person when having sex with her, how is the doll stored, is lubricant used liberally, when damage occurs is it fixed immediately, etc.

A doll, if cared for properly, can last for several years at least. Depending on how often the doll is used sexually or how often the openings are stretched wide open, the lifespan of those openings will vary due to some normal wear and tear. If she is really stretched wide to accomodate sex, and as she ages, the chance of a tear or loosening becomes greater. There are a lot of dolls around the forum that are two or more years old. I would assume that with proper care they should be sexually viable for at least a few years beyond that.

I guess the perfect low-impact doll owner would be a guy who has sex with it just once a week, in missionary position, using lots of lube, is not well endowed, and stores the doll carefully. He would have the least chance of damaging her. The high-impact owner would have sex with the doll daily, likes to put her ankles to her shoulders while doing so, uses just enough lube to get the job done if at all, is hung like a horse, and stores her carelessly. Most of us are somewhere between those two extremes.

Unfortunately, I have not owned Svetlana long enough to comment on the longevity of her sexually, but there are quite a few older members that still have sex with pre-face-x dolls which are well over a year old. Hopefully, some of the owners of some older dolls will comment about their experience.

pygmalion2
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by pygmalion2 »

My first doll (Anjie) a body2/H4 is a very old model ordered May 6, 1998.
The early rubber although very soft showed tears after only 6 weeks
of non-vigorous(gentle) daily use. Small repairs were regularly needed every 6-12 weeks.

Katelyn (march 2003 body5/ head eight) has only torn twice. Both times I
was testing her limits by raising her knees ABOVE her waist, against
the recommendation not to do this in the manual that came with the doll.
This doll has been positioned much more extensively (even the doll on top) and can be 'bumped' hard enough to make everything shake.
I could be more graphic but the difference in the rubber is huge.

There is nothing wrong with the older dolls IMO but expect frequent
repairs. Mark_Y

INFORMATIONS