www.wmdolls.com

Anyone willing to post an eye change tutorial?

WM dolls was establish on 2012, we have own production base (located center of Greater Bay Area, Guangdong, China), which is one of the most professional and the biggest factory of realistic sex dolls in the world.
As pioneered TPE used and many famous brands' dolls manufacturer, We have been focusing on customer experience, and continue to work hard to develop new functions for dolls.
We have many patents and independently developed exclusive functions, Such as Breathing feature, Ball Joints Hand Skeleton, Real Oral Sex(ROS) Head, etc.
JCnine
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Anyone willing to post an eye change tutorial?

Post by JCnine »

Just got my first doll a couple weeks ago. A WM 140cm with face #36. Someone pointed out that the eyes seem to be protruding out a little bit too much and I'm in agreement with this. I know that some of the padding can be removed from behind the eyes so they sit a bit deeper in the sockets which will help to remove the "deer in the headlights" look 8O ! Since I have never owned a doll before (and it was a crazy amount of money for a guy in my position) I'm very paranoid that I may damage her face when trying to perform this fix. However, if I can watch how it's done, I would feel much more comfortable doing it myself! Is there anyone out there willing to post a video (or provide a link to one) of how to safely do this?
Pics of my beautiful Yumiko, Eris, and Kammie!
viewtopic.php?t=177041

dullahan
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Anyone willing to post an eye change tutorial?

Post by dullahan »

Would this help?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHr1f8u ... l=48nfg8nm

It's mainly for changing eyes and eyelids for the MannequinFan's eye and eyelash set but it shows him gouging off the eyes off of a WM head.
TRY MY SEX SOUND APP WITH YOUR DOLL!

http://dullahanprojects.com/plaisonar/

Works with all HTML5-compatible phones. Just press the pink button and shake your phone!

App Discussion: http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 7&start=45

hollows+fentiman
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by hollows+fentiman »

If you don't want to change to MannequinFan's eyes just yet it's relatively easy to remove the eye but difficult to keep the eyelashes in place while you're doing it! You may need to reglue them afterwards!

The TPE is pretty stretchy so you won't tear anything if you're careful. WM dolls generally have half round 32mm eyes with cotton wadding behind them to keep them in place. You can get your finger in and remove the eye'ball' and take out some of the wadding behind it or you may find the amount is ok but it's not actually properly inside the cup of the eye so just squash it in again.

Putting the eye back in is the trickiest trying to prevent the eyelashes from coming adrift! A tiny spot of glue that came with the doll can reattach one if necessary. Be careful not to get the glue on anything else, especially the eye itself!

Cheers, Hollows.
Ashaki Sanura's Family Adventures (WM168 Nava) viewtopic.php?f=11&t=77571

Tanice & Jacey WM168A (Lovedolls Grace Williams & #64 heads)
Vivette 153 Vivid Doll
Rosheen WM 156B
Tarni Kimber Doll
Rusty Firedoll 166
Chiyoko 6YE 170
Reema Piperdoll 162
ETesse PIB Spinner 2.0 silicone
Yi nu de & Yong DS100
Many Phicen, Jiaou, LD, Barbie and Ken Dolls!

JCnine
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by JCnine »

I'm actually in line to get a set of eyes from MF. I thought the deep blue was really pretty. It sounds simple enough to do with your explanations, maybe I'll work up the courage to take a look at them today!
viewtopic.php?t=177041

carver
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by carver »

I have found it very helpful to lubricate the eye with rubbing alcohol before you do anything. Use a cotton swab soaked with alcohol and get it under both eye lids and the corners. The Tpe will then loosen its grip on the eye and you can do what you want with it.

hollows+fentiman
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

I hear what you're saying carver but there is a danger there of loosening the glue on the lashes and also removing permanent makeup! TPE is not really very good with alcohol and it should be used sparingly! Make sure everything dries (especially the wadding) before you put the eye back! It maybe better to use a couple of drops of babyoil if the eye is stuck but again, this can remove glue and makeup if not careful!

Cheers, Hollows.

Vivette 153 Vivid Doll
Rosheen WM 156B
Tarni Kimber Doll
Rusty Firedoll 166
Chiyoko 6YE 170
Reema Piperdoll 162
Yi nu de & Yong DS100

Tomoe
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Tomoe »

Changing eyes on a TPE doll is really very very easy. Those eyeholes stretch a lot, and they don't seem prone to tearing. But, as others have said, be careful with the eyelashes (worst case, just glue them back on).
My dolls:
Emilia DS 145 Elf
Angelica 165 cm anime fabric doll with silicone head

Previously owned dolls:
Katherine WM 135 cm
Miyuki 160 cm Anime fabric

Starquake

Post by Starquake »

Have you seen the XSDolls video on this ......

XSDOLLS #HOW TO - Changing Eyes on your WM Doll Tutorial
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6Bx4q9rc_s

I find a couple of extra large paperclips opened up and the ends bent round a little at the ends can be a handy tool to have for holding the lids open and hooking behind the rim of the eyeballs for adjustment and removal.

JCnine
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by JCnine »

Starquake wrote:Have you seen the XSDolls video on this ......

I find a couple of extra large paperclips opened up and the ends bent round a little at the ends can be a handy tool to have for holding the lids open and hooking behind the rim of the eyeballs for adjustment and removal.
Ah, perfect! This is exactly what I was looking for, thank you so much!
viewtopic.php?t=177041

xsdolls
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by xsdolls »

Starquake wrote:Have you seen the XSDolls video on this ......

OMG, I was looking at this thread a day ago and thought "I should do a video" and completely forgot that I already published one. 8O :D
Thanks for reminding me ^^

G
XS Dolls™ - Setting the Standard
www.xsdolls.com - 1.800.605.5656 - support@xsdolls.com

Latest Dollcast Video:
XS:DC - S01E04 - Sanhui 156/E Review

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

hollows+fentiman wrote:I hear what you're saying carver but there is a danger there of loosening the glue on the lashes and also removing permanent makeup! TPE is not really very good with alcohol and it should be used sparingly! Make sure everything dries (especially the wadding) before you put the eye back! It maybe better to use a couple of drops of babyoil if the eye is stuck but again, this can remove glue and makeup if not careful!

Cheers, Hollows.
I powder the eye personally. This way i don't loosen the lash any by that moisture.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

Starquake

Post by Starquake »

lol :lol:

Is baby oil safe for the eyes btw?
I don't use it to lube the socket out of fear of removing eye lash glue or the oil eating into the lacquer coat and making the eyes dull, but don't know for certain if that actually happens tbh.

hollows+fentiman
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Starquake, unless your doll has round 'eyeballs' there's no point really! As samara said, you can use a little powder to put them back in if you have to remove them but half round eyes have very little movement capabilities once they're in! The wadding at the back is there to keep the eye positioned in place and not to allow much movement, although it is possible to adjust them slightly so they're not cross-eyed for instance!

The eyes that MannequinFan makes are basically round and sort of spring loaded so you can push on them to move them as he demonstrates in his video. Some 'eyeballs' of some makes of dolls are round but with a peg on the back to allow them to pivot. If your doll's eyes are like this then PERHAPS a tiny bit of oil might help them to move more easily. You're right though, the oil on the surface can make the more plastic eyes less bright. The acrylic ones not so much and they can be cleaned more easily too!

Cheers, Hollows.

Vivette 153 Vivid Doll
Rosheen WM 156B
Tarni Kimber Doll
Rusty Firedoll 166
Chiyoko 6YE 170
Reema Piperdoll 162
Yi nu de & Yong DS100

Starquake

Post by Starquake »

Ah thanks

I'm currently checking my PM's every few hours, right now, crossing my fingers that I've made it to the top of MF's waiting list.

For easier positioning I saw some1 using beads or fake pearls in the cavity of the half rounds (I forget the thread and specific size of the beads I'm afraid), which they said worked well. I'm sure putting wadding in there makes sense to someone somewhere but I'm not seeing it myself :) I couldn't believe it when I found the wadding in there tbh .... or the amount of time I spent putting it back in lolol

hollows+fentiman
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

I suppose you could use a marble! I think the problem with the half round eyes is that they need the wadding to keep it from 'rocking' and gaps appearing at one side of the eye.

Vivette 153 Vivid Doll
Rosheen WM 156B
Tarni Kimber Doll
Rusty Firedoll 166
Chiyoko 6YE 170
Reema Piperdoll 162
Yi nu de & Yong DS100

INFORMATIONS