www.siliconelovers.com

Powder question

Silicone Lovers provides a bespoke customer service to suit individual needs and a full money back guarantee, free worldwide shipping and 24/7 customer support. All of our beautiful dolls are fully customizable at no extra charge. Packaging and payment methods are always discreet and privacy is always protected. They are completely transparent with their prices and there are never any hidden fees or charges. www.siliconelovers.com
Inky_Mystery
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Powder question

Post by Inky_Mystery »

So I bought a silicone doll and know that I'll need to dust/powder it to help keep sticky/tacky silicone from being damaged. I looked up the powders and some say Baby Powder, others say Talcum powder, the internet has tapioca powder... others say corn startch... what should I use? Any better over the others??? Thanks

-Ragnar66-
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Re: Powder question

Post by -Ragnar66- »

Inky_Mystery wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:40 pm So I bought a silicone doll and know that I'll need to dust/powder it to help keep sticky/tacky silicone from being damaged. I looked up the powders and some say Baby Powder, others say Talcum powder, the internet has tapioca powder... others say corn startch... what should I use? Any better over the others??? Thanks
You could try both (corn starch or talcum), but talcum "can" lead to allergic reactions on your own skin and in worst case causing even more serious issues. https://www.mountsinai.org/health-libra ... -poisoning

John100

Post by John100 »

I've used baby powder every time and the best way I found was hang her up in the bath and powder all over with a make up brush than when done wash the excess down the plug hole job done

crazedcat
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by crazedcat »

I use corn starch. To me it’s the “safest”. Baby powder smell is too overpowering and talc, well…I just steer clear of talcum for potential health reasons.
Twitter: https://twitter.com/sillyconeman
TAYU 148D+
TAYU 158C+
TAYU 170E
MLW 148B silicone

Inky_Mystery
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Inky_Mystery »

What about baby powder with essential oils... like lavender or rose? Or the "organic" talc free and corn starch free ones?

-Ragnar66-
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by -Ragnar66- »

Inky_Mystery wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:10 pm What about baby powder with essential oils... like lavender or rose? Or the "organic" talc free and corn starch free ones?
I wouldn´t experiment with stuff that may contain harmful to TPE/silicone substances. As for scents I´d rather try perfumes or hair oils on selected accessories, but NOT directly sprayed on the doll´s skin. :glou:

Inky_Mystery
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Inky_Mystery »

-Ragnar66- wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:08 pm
Inky_Mystery wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:10 pm What about baby powder with essential oils... like lavender or rose? Or the "organic" talc free and corn starch free ones?
I wouldn´t experiment with stuff that may contain harmful to TPE/silicone substances. As for scents I´d rather try perfumes or hair oils on selected accessories, but NOT directly sprayed on the doll´s skin. :glou:
Suppose that's true. I get caught up in the "organic" nature of things so figured I'd ask just in case.

-Ragnar66-
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by -Ragnar66- »

Inky_Mystery wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:57 pm
Suppose that's true. I get caught up in the "organic" nature of things so figured I'd ask just in case.

I´d always consider that most cosmetic products are made for humans. So what works for them it doesn´t mean they work on dolls as well. I know what I´m talking about as I fckd up my first doll exactly like this. Certain products can soften up a dolls TPE and make it less resilient vs. various physical influences, like scratching i.e Also one never knows which chemicals then possibly react with TPE and create "new" chemical bounds. It´s rarely good for a doll and even less so for a doll owners health. I also found out the hard way that "lipstick" products then combined with human saliva (kissing) and insufficient oral dry keeping can or will lead to the dreaded black mold.

Inky_Mystery
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Inky_Mystery »

-Ragnar66- wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:43 pm

I´d always consider that most cosmetic products are made for humans. So what works for them it doesn´t mean they work on dolls as well. I know what I´m talking about as I fckd up my first doll exactly like this. Certain products can soften up a dolls TPE and make it less resilient vs. various physical influences, like scratching i.e Also one never knows which chemicals then possibly react with TPE and create "new" chemical bounds. It´s rarely good for a doll and even less so for a doll owners health. I also found out the hard way that "lipstick" products then combined with human saliva (kissing) and insufficient oral dry keeping can or will lead to the dreaded black mold.

Does that still apply if I opted for the silicone body and not the TPE?

-Ragnar66-
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by -Ragnar66- »

Inky_Mystery wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:25 pm
-Ragnar66- wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:43 pm

Does that still apply if I opted for the silicone body and not the TPE?
that´s a good question for sili doll owners but the same safety concerns should remain, I suppose.

John100

Post by John100 »

Had my tpe doll for 5 yrs used baby powder multiple times never had a problem

Mx88
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Mx88 »

Corn starch and and a make up brush was all I needed. It worked great and all natural was a plus for me

Guitarra
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Guitarra »

I dont like Johnsons baby powder leaves some residue on my hand after cuddling and petting. I found a product containing cornstarch mixed with kaolin and lavender oil. It is much better for me.

Inky_Mystery
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Inky_Mystery »

Will these ingredients be ok for a silicone doll?

Zea mays (corn) starch, sodium bicarbonate, montmorillonite, bentonite, commiphora myrrha leaf cell extract, ulmus fulva bark powder, rosa centifolia flower extract, parfum (natural fragrance), limonene.

Its from Burts Bees, which is a company I enjoy their products....its called "Baby Powder, Burt's Bees Hypoallergenic Dusting Powder, Non-Irritating, Calming Skin Care, All Natural, Talc Free."
On Amazon.

WhatsThisAbout
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by WhatsThisAbout »

I'm also interested in this topic. I was thinking about baby powder with a lavender scent to it. I don't really want to use perfume on the wig, as others do. I prefer just a hint of scent, not something really noticeable.
Another member on the forum had a post about a powder spray bottle. More than likely, I will be giving that a try. Anyone else have experience with the powder spray bottles?

INFORMATIONS