Starpery.com

What advice do you all have on re-sculpting a face

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
muesky6969
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: What advice do you all have on re-sculpting a face

Post by muesky6969 »

-Ragnar66- wrote:so many great ideas and techniques introduced here still. 8) Wished I´d find time (and motivation) to apply some on my own doll. Funny thing is... the threads title asks for advice and muesky became the main advisor here now. :lol: :glou:
So actually I started this thread right after Xiel came home. I knew I wanted to age his face up but had no idea how to do such a thing. By starting this thread I was lucky enough to get help and guidance of some many on the forum, so I was able to do what some said was impossible. Then it kind of morphed for the modifications for Agares and Cleo and the free doll heads. Now I am focused on E'agle, since he needs so much TLC to get him back from so much damage. Plus he is getting major modifications, as well. Admittedly I cross post information on various threads.

As for your own doll, the information is here, I just wanted to share what I learned so if you do decide, "Hey, I want my doll to have horns" you know where to go look for that information. LOL! I keep it going as my way of paying it forward, to all those who helped me... If you decide you want to do more extreme modifications on your doll, please don't hesitate to ask. I am more then happy to walk you through the process.
Morghana The Doll Witch!! Where I take Science and a little bit of Magic to make my dolls their very best selves...

Morghana's Doll Emporium Thread
viewtopic.php?f=229&t=145649[/i]

Check out “The TPE DOLL EMPORIUM”: (Featuring: Z-Dollman & Morghana the Doll Witch)!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCybCey ... AgqYdgmSXg

muesky6969
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by muesky6969 »

FYI - This is somewhat of a cross post. I mentioned I wanted to give E'agle scale textured skin to hide the repair scars. Well I found fish and snake scale stamps but not something that would be unique to a demon, so I made my own stamps. Found these wood tear shaped biscuits at Hobby Lobby. The plan was just to press the biscuits into the heated TPE but then I thought about how time consuming that is and decided to make my own stamps.

These may still need some sculpting and I am going to put handles on them to make them easier to use but otherwise I think these will work. Will try some experiments later in the week, and get back to you all on how they work.
Attachments
demon scale stamps.jpg
demon scale stamps.jpg (77.29 KiB) Viewed 466 times
Morghana The Doll Witch!! Where I take Science and a little bit of Magic to make my dolls their very best selves...

Check out “The TPE DOLL EMPORIUM”: (Featuring: Z-Dollman & Morghana the Doll Witch)!!!

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

The anticipation is excruciating :)

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Did a similar thing with the heating wire from an electric pad
Stripped away the outer pad material leaving just the insulated wire
On High it melted the TPE :thumbs_down:

-Ragnar66-
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by -Ragnar66- »

muesky6969 wrote:
-Ragnar66- wrote:so many great ideas and techniques introduced here still. 8) Wished I´d find time (and motivation) to apply some on my own doll. Funny thing is... the threads title asks for advice and muesky became the main advisor here now. :lol: :glou:
So actually I started this thread right after Xiel came home. I knew I wanted to age his face up but had no idea how to do such a thing. By starting this thread I was lucky enough to get help and guidance of some many on the forum, so I was able to do what some said was impossible. Then it kind of morphed for the modifications for Agares and Cleo and the free doll heads. Now I am focused on E'agle, since he needs so much TLC to get him back from so much damage. Plus he is getting major modifications, as well. Admittedly I cross post information on various threads.

As for your own doll, the information is here, I just wanted to share what I learned so if you do decide, "Hey, I want my doll to have horns" you know where to go look for that information. LOL! I keep it going as my way of paying it forward, to all those who helped me... If you decide you want to do more extreme modifications on your doll, please don't hesitate to ask. I am more then happy to walk you through the process.
yeah, thanks! I´ll surely do lots of references to this thread when the time comes. 8) Even if I don´t get my ass of the ground yet, I keep following here with greatest interest. I might hesitate due to the many things that need repair. Hard to get started ATM. Still some major things that need a solution. I´d removed wires from my gals hands and their conditions are critical now. Floppy fingers seem to stress the TPE material even more than without. Do I repair ragged holes & cuts then leave them like that or add new wires to get the troubles started anytime soon again? Hm.... Same for the tear at the end of the vaginal tunnel. Too deep in for repair unless I cut the doll open at an appropiate place. That´s yet to be found and I´ve doubts on my soldering iron skills. In the meantime I´d purchased some primer stuff, though it´s not 3M. Found an alternative from german manufacturer at good price (~10$). Yet needs to be tested on my dolls TPE. I´m now saving for a 2nd doll and that´s maybe where my lack of motivation to repair comes. Please everybody kick my ass now! :lol:

muesky6969
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by muesky6969 »

Kaori Kusanagi wrote:Something like this could easily be done to give a slight texture to skin, like pores and wrinkles, too (though I expect making the mold for that might take more patience...I may find out eventually, if I get that far someday).

In the meantime, while you're modifying things: Do you have any interest or need for heating some areas, like faces, or hands (both of those are trauma-inducing for me if I'm not prepared for it).

I might have found a relatively simple and probably safe solution (experiments to commence "soon" ;) when I have energy and time at the same time). This post:
viewtopic.php?p=1886721#p1886721
is about the stuff I found, and this one and the next:
viewtopic.php?p=1895622#p1895622
are about the results of the initial tests (not yet embedded in anything).

They are "glove heaters" powered by USB (or batteries), with little high/medium/low switches (there are versions without the switches), which when powered that way shouldn't be *able* to produce enough heat to damage TPE or silicone. I'm going to test slip them between teh skull and face skin of my spare head and see how well they work, as a first approximation test, right now. No results till tomorrow, soonest, though.
Hummm!! I might have to order a set of those, only for warming the hands I don't need anything else to melt TPE, I have plenty of tools for that. But yeah warm hands would be nice. I bought two electric snuggies from Walmart last September, to keep the doll's body warm when they are in bed. I think I only paid $20 a piece for them and they work great, to warm the body but hands not so much unless their hands are under the blanket for a while.
-Ragnar66- wrote: yeah, thanks! I´ll surely do lots of references to this thread when the time comes. 8) Even if I don´t get my ass of the ground yet, I keep following here with greatest interest. I might hesitate due to the many things that need repair. Hard to get started ATM. Still some major things that need a solution. I´d removed wires from my gals hands and their conditions are critical now. Floppy fingers seem to stress the TPE material even more than without. Do I repair ragged holes & cuts then leave them like that or add new wires to get the troubles started anytime soon again? Hm.... Same for the tear at the end of the vaginal tunnel. Too deep in for repair unless I cut the doll open at an appropiate place. That´s yet to be found and I´ve doubts on my soldering iron skills. In the meantime I´d purchased some primer stuff, though it´s not 3M. Found an alternative from german manufacturer at good price (~10$). Yet needs to be tested on my dolls TPE. I´m now saving for a 2nd doll and that´s maybe where my lack of motivation to repair comes. Please everybody kick my ass now! :lol:
Repairs and modifications, I always go with the critical stuff first. It sounds like your doll is needing new hand wires. What type is she? If she is a WM there is articulated hand kits you can buy. I can't find the link to where you order them, but that would fix the interior issues with your dolls hand. There are also videos on YouTube on how to install the new hands.

So the interior vaginal tear, there is a lot of discussion on the 3M primer Cold Weld thread viewtopic.php?f=229&t=131728 on repairing vaginal tears. I have mentioned this several times on the thread but if I needed to repair a vaginal/anal tear I would buy a dildo a bit larger then myself (of course being a woman that would be really really small. LOL), cover that dildo with a condom, coat it with 5 or 6 thick layers of TPE paste, leaving time in between coats for the TPE to cure. Once you have it built up coat it again with another thick layer of paste, insert the dildo and all into the vagina or anus and let it set for 2-4 days, to cure. Pull out the dildo and condom and the tear should not only be repaired but the whole area reinforced to prevent further tearing. But as I have not done this I cannot say for sure, it works. It was something that Wheezer and I discussed before he disappeared.

I understand motivation, and obviously I love me some dolls, as I have acquired 4 of them in less then a year. :roll: But here is something that may help inspire you. Just think about being able to fix your girl and knowing that she is in tip-top condition. There is definitely a sense of satisfaction in being able to fix your dolls when something goes south. This I know from experience. Right now, I am just struggling to get E'agle repaired and modified. Of course it doesn't help that the supplies I ordered have been delayed. **sigh**

Let me know how the other primer works. I would definitely test it on some scrap TPE to make sure if won't hurt your doll. If it doesn't work, let me know and I will give you the link to the vendor I buy the 3M 94 from on eBay. It is about $16 a can, but if the other stuff you bought works, I may go with that.

So I may have mentioned I am going to try hot processing TPE. For E'agle and Agares' tails I am going to melt the TPE in an electric dutch oven I have then pour into the molds. Otherwise it is going to cost me several hundred dollars to buy enough primer to melt down the TPE for their tails. This was something else Wheezer had been working on, and it had worked for him. So fingers crossed I can make it work. Of course the tails will have to wait for after the weight reduction process, since I will use the TPE removed from their bodies to make the tail. Waste not want not and all that..

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

-Ragnar66-
Deep cavity repairs are best done with adhesives such as Indigo's CWA or the 3M products
'tis a brave soul who attempts such a repair with a soldering iron :)

muesky6969
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by muesky6969 »

seagull wrote:-Ragnar66-
Deep cavity repairs are best done with adhesives such as Indigo's CWA or the 3M products
'tis a brave soul who attempts such a repair with a soldering iron :)
Oh Goddess Yes!! Deep cavity repairs use an adhesive, as Seagull suggested... NO!!! soldering iron in the doll's va-jay-jay!!!

Kaori Kusanagi

Post by Kaori Kusanagi »

seagull wrote:Did a similar thing with the heating wire from an electric pad
Stripped away the outer pad material leaving just the insulated wire
On High it melted the TPE :thumbs_down:
That's because those are too high a wattage (they output too much heat). I think one of the pads I have here that I use on my back is 50w on high--if I had that on high between me and the bed, it would severely burn me (which is why they all tell you not to do that ;) ) before it's hard thermal cutout (there only to prevent fire, not injury) engaged. Its' still about 15w or so on low, which is far too much in a small area (say, hand-sized), but this pad is over half the area of my back (several times the area of a hand) so it is just very warm.

What is needed is wire that outputs little heat over a comparable length (like these little glove warmers), or using the wire you have at a lower voltage (so the power will also be lower), or a controller that monitors the temperature based on the resistance of the wire (there's not a lot of those) so it doesn't need a separate temperature sensor for every short length of the wire (or every separate loop of wire, etc). Alternately, a controller that pulses power to the wire, and allows you to set the amount of power sent to it (by shortening the length of the pulses) will work. There's some thoughts about these sorts of things in my linked thread in my previous post (to keep the OT out of this thread ;) ).

Kaori Kusanagi

Post by Kaori Kusanagi »

muesky6969 wrote:
Hummm!! I might have to order a set of those, only for warming the hands I don't need anything else to melt TPE, I have plenty of tools for that. But yeah warm hands would be nice. I bought two electric snuggies from Walmart last September, to keep the doll's body warm when they are in bed. I think I only paid $20 a piece for them and they work great, to warm the body but hands not so much unless their hands are under the blanket for a while.
The idea isn't to use them to melt TPE...it's to avoid doing that. ;)

Keep in mind the idea behind what I posted is to implant htem inside the hands, so they would be able to keep the hands warm all the time (at least, whenever you're there and want to just be able to touch or hold a hand and don't want that "OMG A DEAD BODY" feeling :shock: ).

If you want something to just warm up the hands separately from the snuggies then electric gloves to put over the hands for a while would be better than what I posted. Complete gloves are more expensive, but easier to use; some are battery powered and some are 12v powered (like plug into a cigarette lighter port in a car or motorcycle), and some are USB powered (like using with a USB powerpack, etc).

Whichever ones you get, you'd need to test the internal temperature after running for an hour, to be sure they never get hot inside. Preferably something that only stays at a few degrees higher than typical human body temperature (so it is still warm after you take off the gloves and are holding the hands, or whatever). Maybe 105F - 110F. I don't know the temperature at which each particular TPE/etc mix will begin to deform or soften; you want to stay well below that.

None of them actually has a thermostat or any kind of failsafe in them that I have seen so far, and the human hand has blood circulation whihc will remove excess heat and pass it to the rest of the body, constantly, while the dolls don't have that so heat just builds up and up, so you want to be sure they do not get too hot inside. You can add thermostats and such, but cost and complexity goes up rapidly like that, so it's easier to just try to balance heat input and heat leakage so the balance just leaves however much you want in there.

muesky6969
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by muesky6969 »

Okay... So I realized I had not posted here in a while and I am at the point I decided to re-sculpt E'agle's face.

Most everyone knows what happened to poor E'agle on his trip home. It has been a struggle not to be totally overwhelmed in not only doing his weight reduction and modifications, but also all the repairs as well.

This may sound weird but last weekend I finally dreamed of E'agle and now know what he is supposed to look like, which makes sense why I chose this model of doll for him.. How he looks is kind of like a cross between Mongolian and Sumerian. Face more Mongolian and hair more Sumerian.. Because of this I realized I was going to have to re-sculpt his face. **Sigh** Which is okay, because the face looked really to young anyway, on top of the issues with the eyes, which I almost have that done. So basically this doll is going to be re-sculpted from the feet up.. Although the body will not need as much sculpting as I thought it would. But I am going to have to do the scale texturing pretty heavily since the seams for the weight reduction are going to be fairly noticeable, otherwise. :roll:

I was able to order his finger armour and wig last week. They won't be here until near the end of June so hopefully I will have him done by the time his stuff arrives.

So the wig, I kind of lost my mind on... LOL!! I bought a 42" long curly wig.. Why? Because when I see him in my mind he has all this long, long wavy hair.. I don't even know how to take care of curly or wavy hair, as mind is very straight. My friend who does have curly hair told me not to brush it, especially after it dries.. Need to do some research, pretty damn quick because Agares needs his curly wig washed... I bought a pick and I remember my friends growing up using them for their curly hair.. LOL!! Any suggestions on that would be appreciated.

So I already started working on E'agle's face. If I get a chance I will take some pictures of where I am at now to post..

ShadowFun
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by ShadowFun »

I wish I would have a dream with my dolls in it! Sounds like a Vision...

It's taken me my whole life to come to terms with my long curly hair. My methods now consist of this.... I put leave-in conditioner in after a shower. No brushing or combing or picking ever, my fingers only for sorting it out. Not using condition equals dreadlocks forming in a few days... Ha!

Good luck!

muesky6969
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by muesky6969 »

ShadowFun wrote:I wish I would have a dream with my dolls in it! Sounds like a Vision...

It's taken me my whole life to come to terms with my long curly hair. My methods now consist of this.... I put leave-in conditioner in after a shower. No brushing or combing or picking ever, my fingers only for sorting it out. Not using condition equals dreadlocks forming in a few days... Ha!

Good luck!
Thanks ShadowFun! That is good to know about curly hair...

Don't give up on dreaming about your dolls. Strange as this will sound it may just be a matter of letting them know you want to dream about them..

muesky6969
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by muesky6969 »

Hey everyone!

For those of you who are following my threads I just wanted to let you know that I have finally got my introduction video and how to buy a doll video loaded onto Z-Dollman and my YouTube channel.. There will be more videos to come over a wide range of topics over the weeks and months to come.. If you have any request for future videos we would love to hear about what interests you. Of course there is no guarentees a specific video will be made, as we will both be making videos on what we are personally working on or interested in at the time.

We would love your support and feedback!!

RevJack
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by RevJack »

Morghana,
Referencing an earlier post and thought process about reducing weight. Specifically "I am also looking into finding a plastic manufacturer close to me to look into having a plastic hollow chest cavity made. There are a couple not far from me that does custom designs. So I guess I am going to start pushing towards getting that done. Since the next doll I order is going to be about 125lbs +, I need to get this figured out sooner then later. I figured If I can get his weight down by at least 25lbs, I can move that around. Still eyeing Xiel and Agares' guts. They might just get a plastic ball or something stuffed into them. LOL! Pretty much just need something that will hold its shape, handle the pressure of the TPE surrounding it and my fat butt, since I find myself laying half on them most of the time at night."

I had a thought (scary, I know). There are car jacks that are made of heavy duty air bags. "Air Bag Jacks" https://esco.net/product/esco-air-bag-jack-kit-10-lbs/
That are heavy duty, reinforced, air bags that don't change shape. "But Jack," you say "those are SO DAMN EXPENSIVE!"
Ah, but not for a seamstress like you. Sew a canvas bag in whatever shape or size you need. Chest shaped, belly shaped, a clever seamstress can make one that cradles a thigh bone. Now put a truck tire innertube into that bag and inflate it. Make it as hard or soft as you want, the canvas cover limits the size and shape.
This will not withstand a heavy pour - but it is an alternative for hollowing out chest cavities.

Just an thought worm for you. I'm going back to thinking about my breast reduction project now.

Reverend Jack.
Reverend Jacks Roamin' Cadillac Sex Doll Repair. Roamin' the land fixin' dollies and handing out salvation from the back of his Cadillac.

ALSO TRY Reverend Jack's Anointed Snake Oil, good for cleansing stains from the body and the Soul! Step right up folks, only $5 a bottle! We got plenty to go around! Cash only please.

Aibei 158 Blue Elf, AS 157, XES 128, OR 156G, WM 160C (r), Sanhui 168 (r), WM 157B, WM 138D (Faun), Mistress 168 (r), 6YE 100 (Bubbles)

INFORMATIONS