Starpery.com

Teeth&Tongue set version 4.0 is out!

Got an idea? Need an invention?
The Doll Laboratory
Manufacturer Affiliated
Manufacturer Affiliated

Re: Teeth&Tongue set version 4.0 is out!

Post by The Doll Laboratory »

Hello -Ragnar66-,
-Ragnar66- wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 8:04 pmThanks. I prefer using as little chemicals as possible.
I fully understand.
-Ragnar66- wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 8:04 pmSure, if there´s little demand from customers for colored resin, of course, it´s not worth it.
Like I said, I can tint the resin to get an off-white color. In fact my teeth are already off-white and the resin tends to become slightly darker after a while especially if exposed to the sun. They are also a little bit transparent like real teeth are, not 100% opaque.
But for sure they are probably on the whitest position of the Vita Scale you mentioned. So if you want/need more natural yellowish ones for your doll you will either need to apply tinted varnish by yourself or ask me to cast a batch of teeth in the desired color for you. I can do it. It's just that I don't want to offer say three different teeth colors from the start to doll owners. This would mean that from 12 different T&T set variants I have currently on offer, I would jump to 36! Right now it is impossible for me to manage such a wide range of different options. Sadly I don't sell thousands of T&T sets yet for this to be profitable for me... :oops:
-Ragnar66- wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 8:04 pmThink I´ll remain with my wet toilet paper (paper mâché) solution for a while. :D
Make sure the papier mâché doesn't get wet as this could accelerate the growth of bacteria.
Also make sure not to leave the papier mâché for too long in the mouth cavity as it will dry out the TPE by absorbing its oil. Or apply a little bit of baby oil from time to time.

Of course you don't need to worry about all this if you use my T&T set since hardened resin is a safe inert and none porous material.

I would also have the audacity to say that my resin teeth are probably more realistic than papier-mâché... :mrgreen:

TDL
The Doll Laboratory Stories - Erotic Comic featuring my Dolls
Teeth&Tongue set 4.0 - Add expressions to your Doll

The Doll Laboratory
Manufacturer Affiliated
Manufacturer Affiliated

Hello Ava Love,
Ava Love wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 11:12 pm Out of curiosity, how much would one of these tounges cost?
I have only one silicone mould to do the Bigger Tongues. I cast them and then bend each tongue to shape separately before the resin completely hardens so to be able to offer multiple variants. I don't sell that much of them so making multiple silicone moulds for each different shape wouldn't be really cost effective for me at the moment (silicone is very expensive).
I sell one Big Tongue for 10€. So if you want/need four for example it would add 40€ to the cost of the T&T set.

But I don't know if the Big Tongues are compatible with the Orc Teeth set. They have been designed for the more standard ones. Compatibility with the Orc Tusks will need further investigation on my part... :?:

TDL

The Doll Laboratory
Manufacturer Affiliated
Manufacturer Affiliated

T&T set 4.0 “Yaeba“ on a SE DOLL head photographed by Fabrice Delage...

TDL

BigJoeBuck
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by BigJoeBuck »

Ordered a set for Nikki , very excited to see her new teeth!
"love is the only engine of survival"-Leonard Cohen

"all those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain"-roy batty

there are only three kinds of people those who make things happen those who watch things happen and those who wonder what happened

-Ragnar66-
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by -Ragnar66- »

The Doll Laboratory wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 3:45 am Hello -Ragnar66-,
-Ragnar66- wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 8:04 pmThanks. I prefer using as little chemicals as possible.
I fully understand.
-Ragnar66- wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 8:04 pmSure, if there´s little demand from customers for colored resin, of course, it´s not worth it.
Like I said, I can tint the resin to get an off-white color. In fact my teeth are already off-white and the resin tends to become slightly darker after a while especially if exposed to the sun. They are also a little bit transparent like real teeth are, not 100% opaque.
But for sure they are probably on the whitest position of the Vita Scale you mentioned. So if you want/need more natural yellowish ones for your doll you will either need to apply tinted varnish by yourself or ask me to cast a batch of teeth in the desired color for you. I can do it. It's just that I don't want to offer say three different teeth colors from the start to doll owners. This would mean that from 12 different T&T set variants I have currently on offer, I would jump to 36! Right now it is impossible for me to manage such a wide range of different options. Sadly I don't sell thousands of T&T sets yet for this to be profitable for me... :oops:
-Ragnar66- wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 8:04 pmThink I´ll remain with my wet toilet paper (paper mâché) solution for a while. :D
Make sure the papier mâché doesn't get wet as this could accelerate the growth of bacteria.
Also make sure not to leave the papier mâché for too long in the mouth cavity as it will dry out the TPE by absorbing its oil. Or apply a little bit of baby oil from time to time.

Of course you don't need to worry about all this if you use my T&T set since hardened resin is a safe inert and none porous material.

I would also have the audacity to say that my resin teeth are probably more realistic than papier-mâché... :mrgreen:

TDL
Yeah, understand. :D Re toilet paper (papier mâché) teeth. They´re one time use expedient only (wet and dried) and looks were sufficiently good for the low res photo crap we did.

T&T wouldn´t have made much much a difference here. If I ever get to high Q shootings, T&T will be superior of course. Though won´t happen all too soon. Currently investing in doll repair things only and´ve quit with everything else.

seeing that pic I came to think that maybe many doll users would be interested in attachable doll ears as well. Elven, ST vulcans, demon and the like. Available ears AFAIK are for human use only and can hardly be attached to doll heads. That from my own experience with them too. Available colors is another issue as is sizes (doll heads smaller than human heads usually). Past example of mine:

The Doll Laboratory
Manufacturer Affiliated
Manufacturer Affiliated

Hello,
BigJoeBuck wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 7:55 am Ordered a set for Nikki , very excited to see her new teeth!
:thumbs_up:
-Ragnar66- wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 10:22 amseeing that pic I came to think that maybe many doll users would be interested in attachable doll ears as well. Elven, ST vulcans, demon and the like. Available ears AFAIK are for human use only and can hardly be attached to doll heads. That from my own experience with them too. Available colors is another issue as is sizes (doll heads smaller than human heads usually).
I can do solid items like horns and stuff like that. That's not a problem. Attachable ears in silicone or TPE are much more difficult to make. I could make solid ones easily to replace the original ones but you couldn't bite on her ear lobes anymore... :mrgreen:

Now that you mentioned yellow teeth -Ragnar66-, I start to get orders form people who want ivory colored teeth rather than white... :evil:

So if the white color of the teeth was the only thing that prevented you guys from buying one of my T&T set, this issue is now solved... :wink:

TDL

P.S. in the above example the ivory color of the teeth was obtained by coloring the resin, not by applying tinted varnish afterwards.

4891d
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by 4891d »

The tinted version gives a much more realistic effect on this orca jaw. :thumbs_up:

Even on the other teeth models I think a slight ivory tint would be a plus in terms of realism (and it should make customization easier for those who want to darken the teeth a bit more afterwards).

Do you think that for a 'DIY' customization a little diluted food coloring could be a good solution ? It would probably be easier to apply by unskilled hands than tinted resin and probably also reversible, at least to a certain extent.

Links to 4891d's dolls-stories. : viewtopic.php?t=156068
Saaskiya, my beautiful gift (Zelex GE04) : viewtopic.php?t=154462
Trixie came to me (Funwest Dolls Trixie) : viewtopic.php?t=155900
Eurydice, a nice surprise (Elsa Babe RHC019)

-Ragnar66-
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by -Ragnar66- »

The Doll Laboratory wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 5:10 am Hello,
-Ragnar66- wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 10:22 amseeing that pic I came to think that maybe many doll users would be interested in attachable doll ears as well. Elven, ST vulcans, demon and the like. Available ears AFAIK are for human use only and can hardly be attached to doll heads. That from my own experience with them too. Available colors is another issue as is sizes (doll heads smaller than human heads usually).
I can do solid items like horns and stuff like that. That's not a problem. Attachable ears in silicone or TPE are much more difficult to make. I could make solid ones easily to replace the original ones but you couldn't bite on her ear lobes anymore... :mrgreen:

Now that you mentioned yellow teeth -Ragnar66-, I start to get orders form people who want ivory colored teeth rather than white... :evil:

So if the white color of the teeth was the only thing that prevented you guys from buying one of my T&T set, this issue is now solved... :wink:

TDL

P.S. in the above example the ivory color of the teeth was obtained by coloring the resin, not by applying tinted varnish afterwards.
Ah... I forgot, yes. Thinking about it... I wouldn´t really need flexible (TPE/silicone) ears. I´d be glad if they´re right color and can be attached do doll heads (without headbands and such) and not falling off again easily. At least for me it would be for photo shooting only. Hm... just got an idea for trying out something. :D

Well if ivory (or Vita tone scale) resin stuff is beeing asked for, then.... glad I could help here. :mrgreen: Seriously, it´s just my personal taste. I´m fairly sure more folks keep liking the pure white ones. (I like the ivory ones btw, not just for orcish gals 8) )
Could you maybe provide some side by side example pics with both variation color teeth in a (fair skin color preferably) doll head? 8) Might help more people for decision making. :glou:

PS: I´d likely use DIY coloring for refinements such as shadowed areas (tooth gaps i.e) and highlights, even if it involves unwanted chemicals. Similar to make up techniques for enhancing certain areas like nostrils and such for added "realism".

MourningWood

Post by MourningWood »

I’m interested, how can I place an order?

Cayim
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Cayim »

I picked up one of the new WM ROS (436) heads, which has a movable jaw to open the mouth, and teeth and a tongue built in.
Mouth interior
Mouth interior
20230507_190900.jpg (4.99 MiB) Viewed 1032 times
She has "lips", sort of...
She has "lips", sort of...
20230507_190825.jpg (4.5 MiB) Viewed 1032 times
Open
Open
20230507_190803.jpg (5.1 MiB) Viewed 1032 times
Semi closed
Semi closed
20230507_190753.jpg (5.11 MiB) Viewed 1032 times
Fully closed
Fully closed
20230507_190741.jpg (5.12 MiB) Viewed 1032 times
One of the things I was curious about is if the teeth inserts I'd picked up would still work. I haven't had a chance to do anything close to a proper photo shoot, but here are some pics of the head "as is", then some shots with the some of the braces on standard. I think they still work. (I also noticed the ROS feature sort of changes her eyes a bit, depending on how open her mouth is). I haven't removed any material from her mouth, just sort of pushed the built-in teeth back with the inserts, and adjusted the position a bit. I also have a Standard and Vampire set, if there is any interest in seeing how those look (or more of the braces, lol).
Attachments
Braces on standards, with tongue
20230507_191424.jpg (5.09 MiB) Viewed 1032 times
20230507_191343.jpg (5.08 MiB) Viewed 1032 times
Braces, mostly closed
Braces, mostly closed
20230507_191309.jpg (5.03 MiB) Viewed 1032 times
Braces, open
Braces, open
20230507_191244.jpg (5.16 MiB) Viewed 1032 times
Braces, open jaw, closed teeth
Braces, open jaw, closed teeth
20230507_191229.jpg (5.1 MiB) Viewed 1032 times
Braces, top only, "nibbling" lower lip (semi closed jaw)
Braces, top only, "nibbling" lower lip (semi closed jaw)
20230507_191106.jpg (5.06 MiB) Viewed 1032 times
Braces, top only, open jaw
Braces, top only, open jaw
20230507_191048.jpg (5.04 MiB) Viewed 1032 times

The Doll Laboratory
Manufacturer Affiliated
Manufacturer Affiliated

Hello,
4891d wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 5:38 amThe tinted version gives a much more realistic effect on this orca jaw. :thumbs_up:
:thumbs_up:
4891d wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 5:38 amEven on the other teeth models I think a slight ivory tint would be a plus in terms of realism (and it should make customization easier for those who want to darken the teeth a bit more afterwards).
If someone wants slightly yellow teeth I can do it.
4891d wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 5:38 amDo you think that for a 'DIY' customization a little diluted food coloring could be a good solution ? It would probably be easier to apply by unskilled hands than tinted resin and probably also reversible, at least to a certain extent.
I am not sure it would work. My resin teeth have a shiny finish and applying food coloring would probably result in the liquid to produce drops rather than covering the surface. To color the white resin afterwards tinted varnish is the best solution in my opinion. And the thicker the varnish the better. I use a mix of Tamiya X22 Clear Varnish, Tamiya X24 Clear Yellow and Tamiya X19 Smoke.
-Ragnar66- wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 10:22 amAh... I forgot, yes. Thinking about it... I wouldn´t really need flexible (TPE/silicone) ears. I´d be glad if they´re right color and can be attached do doll heads (without headbands and such) and not falling off again easily. At least for me it would be for photo shooting only. Hm... just got an idea for trying out something. :D
Magnets... :wink:
-Ragnar66- wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 10:22 amWell if ivory (or Vita tone scale) resin stuff is beeing asked for, then.... glad I could help here. :mrgreen: Seriously, it´s just my personal taste. I´m fairly sure more folks keep liking the pure white ones. (I like the ivory ones btw, not just for orcish gals 8) )
Could you maybe provide some side by side example pics with both variation color teeth in a (fair skin color preferably) doll head? 8) Might help more people for decision making. :glou:
I'll make some in the future... when I have the time... :puppydogeyes:
-Ragnar66- wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 10:22 amPS: I´d likely use DIY coloring for refinements such as shadowed areas (tooth gaps i.e) and highlights, even if it involves unwanted chemicals. Similar to make up techniques for enhancing certain areas like nostrils and such for added "realism".
I used to do such things with the first versions. Now I ship my T&T sets “clean“ because this way they are obviously much simpler for me to produce. Also it is much easier for a customer to add something to a clean product than removing some paint or varnish if it is not to his taste... :wink:
MourningWood wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 8:35 am I’m interested, how can I place an order?
Send me a Private Message or even better a mail to the following address: contact@thedolllaboratory.com

Cayim wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 7:42 pm I picked up one of the new WM ROS (436) heads, which has a movable jaw to open the mouth, and teeth and a tongue built in.
[...]
One of the things I was curious about is if the teeth inserts I'd picked up would still work. I haven't had a chance to do anything close to a proper photo shoot, but here are some pics of the head "as is", then some shots with the some of the braces on standard. I think they still work. (I also noticed the ROS feature sort of changes her eyes a bit, depending on how open her mouth is). I haven't removed any material from her mouth, just sort of pushed the built-in teeth back with the inserts, and adjusted the position a bit. I also have a Standard and Vampire set, if there is any interest in seeing how those look (or more of the braces, lol).
Thanks for sharing. This is interesting... :thumbs_up:
I wouldn't have imagined that the T&T set would work with such a head. I know it works with WM heads featuring the built-in tongue option.

Of course you can share some more photos with the other variants of the T&T set... :wink:

TDL

setevoltas
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by setevoltas »

Haven't gotten particularly creative with my sets yet, but they are really fantastic. Makes a huge difference with some faces.
Sete's Gatas
Instagram - @setesartphotography

Ava Love

Post by Ava Love »

Received my parcel from TDL today, very pleased with it but need to spend some time getting things as I want them.

Thank J-L.

BigJoeBuck
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by BigJoeBuck »

Got mine today , can't wait to see how they look in Nikki!
Attachments
PXL_20230524_161007901.MP.jpg
PXL_20230524_161007901.MP.jpg (4.14 MiB) Viewed 820 times
PXL_20230524_135314263.jpg
PXL_20230524_135314263.jpg (2.45 MiB) Viewed 834 times
"love is the only engine of survival"-Leonard Cohen

"all those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain"-roy batty

there are only three kinds of people those who make things happen those who watch things happen and those who wonder what happened

The Doll Laboratory
Manufacturer Affiliated
Manufacturer Affiliated

Hello,
setevoltas wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 12:32 pmHaven't gotten particularly creative with my sets yet, but they are really fantastic. Makes a huge difference with some faces.
Ava Love wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 4:48 pmReceived my parcel from TDL today, very pleased with it but need to spend some time getting things as I want them.
BigJoeBuck wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 9:56 amGot mine today , can't wait to see how they look in Nikki!
For some faces a time of adaptation is necessary to get used to the T&T. I always recommend using my accessories as soon as possible (ideally as soon as the doll arrives) because if you get too used to the original face it can be difficult to modify it afterwards.

Also when the original TPE teeth (if there are any) are too prominent they must be removed to make room for the T&T set.

TDL

INFORMATIONS