Starpery.com

Self made/improvised doll warm up tent

Got an idea? Need an invention?
princesshunt3r
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Self made/improvised doll warm up tent

Post by princesshunt3r »

That is one hell of a nice gun. Vector I believe. Not an air soft.
That's to keep the bad guys away from one's dolls.
Had a Princess once and she got away.
I guess I should have used a bigger rope.
But now you can get to see Princess Kayleigh viewtopic.php?t=162411

-Ragnar66-
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by -Ragnar66- »

CapFX35 wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:03 pm https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstays-3- ... /648277717

I have this heater but I found it at the clearance section during summer for $3. I'll count it as $15

DIGITEN Temperature Controller WTC100 Wireless Thermostat Outlet Temperature Controlled Outlet Programmable Thermostat Controller Wireless Thermostat with Remote Sensor Greenhouse Thermostat https://a.co/d/ab4K9Vt

Thermal remote $25.99

Everbilt 16 in. x 25 ft. Double Reflective Insulation
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-16 ... /307281310
SKU# 307281310

This is the sizing roll I got and I have some left

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/vuku-wardr ... -80331973/

This is the wardrobe/tent I used.

These are the necessary components to have it working. You can also get away with not using the the reflective insulation. Overall, with the items listed above is $75.95.

Depending if you don't use the reflective it be $55.98 and if you find a really low clearance small heater, even better!
Thanks! Good overview of what can be achieved with fairly low cost effort, bits of research and creativity. 8) Considering someone grabs the idea and goes commercial, production costs can be dropped accordingly (serial production etc.) Not considering power consumption costs, my own lil solution was even 0$. But of course had all needed components available already. Hair dryer is from...1990ies maybe, IDK. Maybe was 10-15$ equivalent those days. :glou:

MarcusMM

Post by MarcusMM »

The tent with a hair dryer is cool, and in my opinion more practical than having an extra cabinet (if you store your doll in a cabinet, that's an option).

And well, using a hair dryer is really a big risk (and staying next to a hair dryer for 30min isn't fun either). A 'futon dryer' (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Futon_dryer) seems more suitable, e.g. google or Amazon search for 'futon dryer', they are around USD75..150. I think the price is reasonable, as it is save to use on/in the bed (65°C). I didn't test it.

Aliexpress doesn't have these.
But if you have a small doll you might want to try one of those:
zzz.jpg
zzz.jpg (20.36 KiB) Viewed 284 times
:) Just too funny. If someone would try, doggy style, I'd LOL!

-Ragnar66-
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by -Ragnar66- »

MarcusMM wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:35 pm The tent with a hair dryer is cool, and in my opinion more practical than having an extra cabinet (if you store your doll in a cabinet, that's an option).

And well, using a hair dryer is really a big risk (and staying next to a hair dryer for 30min isn't fun either). A 'futon dryer' (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Futon_dryer) seems more suitable, e.g. google or Amazon search for 'futon dryer', they are around USD75..150. I think the price is reasonable, as it is save to use on/in the bed (65°C). I didn't test it.

Aliexpress doesn't have these.
But if you have a small doll you might want to try one of those:
:) Just too funny. If someone would try, doggy style, I'd LOL!
:haha4: ...just imagining that doggy thing! :lol:

But thanks! Another cool (or hot) rather low cost possibility! 8) Well, yes. The hair dryer needs some caution for sure. As said, I always keep air in- and out takes free of obstructions and use lowest temperature setting. (likely around 50-60 degrees at max). Did it couple of times and at no space or area I´d experienced excessive warmth or heat. Another cautionary measure was keeping a big water filled bucket in range. Fire extinguisher would be even better, but I don´t have any. Checking and having a look at the construction frequently is self-evident. :)

symmes

Post by symmes »

MarcusMM wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:35 pm But if you have a small doll you might want to try one of those:
I know I'm anthropomorphizing, but I don't think I've ever seen a more unhappy-looking dog!

-Ragnar66-
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by -Ragnar66- »

symmes wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:51 pm
MarcusMM wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:35 pm But if you have a small doll you might want to try one of those:
I know I'm anthropomorphizing, but I don't think I've ever seen a more unhappy-looking dog!
:haha4:

Finality
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Finality »

Hello,
Your ideas are all very good on heating up the doll's body overall. :) I appreciate the collective thoughts on this method and am taking some of these ideas (the "tent") to create an actual storage cabinet for my doll, and incorporate a heating feature in the cabinet.

Right now, I have the majority of my materials, 3/4" plywood construction, all cut to create a 67" body storage compartment, 20" wide, 15" depth, and above this another 10" height area to store the doll's head(s) they cannot be attached if you hang the doll body from a shoulder bolt like they do in the factories. I have a background in electronics, and earlier in my life I studied at college an HVAC course. I have designed a system that uses a timer, dual but separately controlled fans, and a dual probe temperature sensor to ensure that the PTC heater does not go beyond a safe heat output. The cabinet has interior led lighting, and electronic latching door locks to keep my babe secure when I am not around.
This whole device will run off 12 volts DC, the heater core is 150 watts, so I have available a 180 watt power supply to run all the electronics and the heater when in operation.
The theory is just like what you have been proposing and doing in this thread. Creating an enclosed space and using warm air to evenly penetrate the silicone doll's body surface warming the doll to human skin temperature for a more realistic experience.
I have taken a fair number of photos of the process, but like everything I do, I make my creative pieces all matching to my room's furniture. I have yet to stain the exterior then clear coat it before installing the electronics, this is going to take another couple of weeks so I hope that by that time, I can post photos and let you all see how the project turns out.
The timer circuit will let me experiment on how much hot air time is needed to keep the doll warm for say 2 or 3 or 4 hours. I know silicone can withstand prolonged exposure to a moderate temperature without deformation, so the temperature sensor will regulate the heater and never let it go above say 40 degrees C if that is what I set it to. I would love to write a full article on this for everyone to see how they too might create a way to warm up their doll. Please be patient as I continue to build and I hope that I can post photos after I make a few more posts myself.

-Ragnar66-
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by -Ragnar66- »

Finality wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 2:19 am Hello,
Your ideas are all very good on heating up the doll's body overall. :) I appreciate the collective thoughts on this method and am taking some of these ideas (the "tent") to create an actual storage cabinet for my doll, and incorporate a heating feature in the cabinet.

Right now, I have the majority of my materials, 3/4" plywood construction, all cut to create a 67" body storage compartment, 20" wide, 15" depth, and above this another 10" height area to store the doll's head(s) they cannot be attached if you hang the doll body from a shoulder bolt like they do in the factories. I have a background in electronics, and earlier in my life I studied at college an HVAC course. I have designed a system that uses a timer, dual but separately controlled fans, and a dual probe temperature sensor to ensure that the PTC heater does not go beyond a safe heat output. The cabinet has interior led lighting, and electronic latching door locks to keep my babe secure when I am not around.
This whole device will run off 12 volts DC, the heater core is 150 watts, so I have available a 180 watt power supply to run all the electronics and the heater when in operation.
The theory is just like what you have been proposing and doing in this thread. Creating an enclosed space and using warm air to evenly penetrate the silicone doll's body surface warming the doll to human skin temperature for a more realistic experience.
I have taken a fair number of photos of the process, but like everything I do, I make my creative pieces all matching to my room's furniture. I have yet to stain the exterior then clear coat it before installing the electronics, this is going to take another couple of weeks so I hope that by that time, I can post photos and let you all see how the project turns out.
The timer circuit will let me experiment on how much hot air time is needed to keep the doll warm for say 2 or 3 or 4 hours. I know silicone can withstand prolonged exposure to a moderate temperature without deformation, so the temperature sensor will regulate the heater and never let it go above say 40 degrees C if that is what I set it to. I would love to write a full article on this for everyone to see how they too might create a way to warm up their doll. Please be patient as I continue to build and I hope that I can post photos after I make a few more posts myself.
Thanks for your very interesting contribution! Looking forward to pics and more data then. 8) One concern that comes to mind is how a hanging doll body reacts to prolonged warming, before gravity and possible material softening starts deforming parts of the doll. So hope you´ve a "test" doll for checking this out in detail, before your gals get possibly damaged. For TPE dolls I likely would not take any risks, but silicone... IDK (for hanging or standing method). So a dolls weight and gravity is the key point here. Anyway, good luck! 8) :glou:

Stocking_Hunter

Post by Stocking_Hunter »

So many options...

INFORMATIONS