sexyrealsexdolls.com

Wigs … shocked!

Wigs, replacement eyebrows and eyelashes, and other hair related items.
Arisa_

Wigs … shocked!

Post by Arisa_ »

Prior to doll life … I had no idea about wigs or care! But now as the wig that came with Libby appears to be wearing out from the brushing, I started to look at getting a new wig. And instead of looking at love doll suppliers, I looked at sites selling wigs for people. I also thought what about real human hair wigs, I’ve heard about those. O-M-G! Some of these wigs cost more than my doll!

So question I have is, how many of you actually buy a different wig to the one that came wit the doll i.e. not even use the one that came with it as it’s quality is below your expectation? And what would be a reasonable price range for a good wig? (please specify your currency if you do provide some price guidance). Thanks.
“Libby” Starpery 151cm with Lubby head
“Mariana” Zelex 170C (GE125) with “Zoey” (GE98) and “Ori” (GE16) extra heads (On the ship! … Wait: Day #67)
>>> Mariana, Zoey & Ori's Thread
“Jazzy” LoveNestle Jasmine Mini Torso

Leaf85
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Wigs … shocked!

Post by Leaf85 »

Cosplay and theatre supply companies are good bets to check on for reasonably priced wigs, at least in my experience. I've purchased a few wigs for my gals. I was getting them from Arda (which became Vega Theatrical Supplies) and they've been great. Sadly Vega is apparently going out of business but they are having a clear out sale. The wigs I purchased ran anywhere between $50-$85 Canadian. The quality is great, and I also purchased white (they were sold out of beige) wig caps to help secure...it can be a bit disconcerting when a wig goes flying amidst passionate boinking.
Kind regards, :)
Dave

Idol Crew:
Nagisa (159cm Starpery TPE Zhu Lin)- No.1
Nagisa's Gravure Photobooks viewtopic.php?t=153780
Rinko (158cm Sanhui silicone Toshiko)- too lazy, photos in Na-chan's thread
Chidori (151cm Starpery silicone Rong)- banger chic.
Rikka (162cm E-cup Sino silicone Linyin)- ordered, waiting

Treepusher
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Treepusher »

The original wig went in the trash, where it was right at home.

Being conservative (read…cheap) with my dollars, I’ve found human hair wigs beyond my price range.

I’ve been more than satisfied with synthetics from Ebay, Amazon, and Temu. They run anywhere from $12-$30, depending on length and coloring. My favorite came from Temu, less than $20, has held up well for the last eight months, no frizzing, no unmanageable tangles, little or no shedding, easy care, and looks and feels great.

Pexter

Post by Pexter »

Human hair wigs are definitely the way to go. They do not tangle and knot nearly as much as synthetic hair wigs. The feel and smell much nicer too.

Human hair wigs are relatively expensive new. However, if you live in a fairly big city, they can be often be found found used in resale shops that carry lots of women's clothes. The advantage of going this route is that, unlike buying on the internet, you can see and feel what you are buying up front.

I paid $2.99 USD in a thrift shop for Hanna's 100% human hair wig in the picture below and in these photos... viewtopic.php?p=2506393#p2506393 ($2.99 is a super find but $10 is more typical)
Wake up Hanna 10.jpg
Wake up Hanna 10.jpg (844.79 KiB) Viewed 573 times

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

The wig that came with my WM in 2017 was actually pretty good. Never tangled, didn't shed much. Something of a fluke from what I've read here, but it lasted a good 4 years before replacing it with a similar style I got off eBay for around $20. That one's not bad, got almost 3 years on it now, but not quite as nice as the one my doll came with.

ricardoqdq

Post by ricardoqdq »

I have owned I think 7 or 8 eight dolls now from various reputable brands, and the wigs that came with each one were absolutely terrible. I get all my wigs on etsy.com, generally human hair blends, and they tend to cost about 70-100 usd. It makes all the difference in the world to have a good wig. Terrible wigs that shed and get tangled completely ruin the mood!
CJ - - - Gabi - - - Kaci

ZONE-D

Joe Bin
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Joe Bin »

I have several human hair wigs that I've collected over the years. They all came from thrift stores and is mostly what my dolls and mannequins wear. Prices have ranged from 50 cents to $20 in Canadian currency.

October is usually when the thrift stores here put them out, but sometimes the odd one can be found at other times of the year.

Layla and Laura
Doll
Doll

Post by Layla and Laura »

Arisa_ wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:46 pm
So question I have is, how many of you actually buy a different wig to the one that came wit the doll i.e. not even use the one that came with it as it’s quality is below your expectation? And what would be a reasonable price range for a good wig? (please specify your currency if you do provide some price guidance). Thanks.
Yes wigs wigs wigs. I have a few that mostly are around $20-30 USD but my favorite was much more.
IMG_0756.jpeg
IMG_0756.jpeg (4.76 MiB) Viewed 490 times
Davey2469 - I belong with him
My thread shared with Layla:viewtopic.php?t=178506
Interested in Irontech? https://www.irontechdoll.com/?sld=carycme
10% coupon carycme10

Socratus
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Socratus »

Arisa_ wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:46 pm Prior to doll life … I had no idea about wigs or care! But now as the wig that came with Libby appears to be wearing out from the brushing, I started to look at getting a new wig. And instead of looking at love doll suppliers, I looked at sites selling wigs for people. I also thought what about real human hair wigs, I’ve heard about those. O-M-G! Some of these wigs cost more than my doll!

Since getting a doll I've learned a LOT about women stuff, wigs being no less. It was quite a wake up. Yea, the wig that came with my doll was terrible, I could see that straight away. Immediately I started looking on the net for alternatives, doing research. I discovered human hair wigs... For some reason I thought human-hair wigs was banned, it just seems creepy to have human hair wigs that aren't yours. But no, you can get them, dark ones are quite expensive, but blonde wigs really hit the ceiling! They are clearly highly sought after!

Anyway, found some pretty good artificial wigs on Amazon and some surprisingly decent ones on Ebay (although I got a couple of duds which were not at all what they were advertised to be).

A couple of companies sent me an additional free wig for I have no idea why!

I think I have about 15 assorted wigs through my trial and testing! 8O

I can now look at a woman's hair and have a relatively good idea if it's a wig or not, I think.

The ones on Amazon for about £20 are pretty decent. But look carefully.
I apologise for any late responses to users trying to communicate with me, as a certain Mod has decided he doesn't like how I talked in a particular post then decided to restrict me so I can post nothing without his permission. If I am banned for good, then best wishes to those I, and Aran, have met. May your futures with your dolls be good ones.

The Doll Advocate
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by The Doll Advocate »

20240217_100556.jpg
20240217_100556.jpg (2.18 MiB) Viewed 437 times
Ebay $12 usd.
I got 3 they are synthetics but they flow very well have a nice weight to them ,brushes smooth too!
Yes they shed a little the first time they were brushed , but have been OK since then.
I get about 8 months before they get too kinky to brush well and look not look like permanent bed head. But for 12$ , I just replace them .

Tailor
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Tailor »

I buy all my hair from Julius, who is part of the Venezuelan cartel and sells me very affordable high quality human hair harvested from blonde tourists :lol:

Now it's been a while since I bought my human hair wigs. But after much research, I found that a high quality and ethically "harvested" real human hair wig cost at least 250 dollars and upwards to 600 on the low end (now the price has probably gone up a bit).
Everything below that didn't clearly list where their hair came from, was vague or lied about the products and were clearly not serious or really trustworthy.
But there are no guarantees regardless of the price point where all the single strands of hair come from, but at least I want to buy from a seller who feels serious and knows what they are talking about. Sorry Julius :whistle:

But I understand that it is a lot of money to do so and many people buy cheaper variants of real human hair, I did to. Low price does not automatically mean that it is poor quality. The construction of a $80 wig can be just as good as a more expesive one.
But my $280 wig is wayyyyy better than my $140 wig in terms of pure hair quality.
Jade: SM 148cm
Claire: JM New Tree Elf 80cm
Mi-Soo: Starpery 171cm A

Entity2020
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Entity2020 »

I've never been interested in the wigs that ship with dolls, probably because I found most of them to be of poor quality and limited choice. I still use them for display and keep them to relive arrival day vibes.

I'm not keen on using hair that was once attached to somebody else's head so I've always opted for brand-new synthetic :lying:

My budget is around $15 to $40 depending on the role the wig will play, sleeping, photoshoot, display etc. $40 is the most I've ever paid for a wig, so therefore that is my current ceiling.

Once I find a suitable brand, I stick with it. It can be trial and error where you end up with a real turkey and that will become a sleeping wig. Online stores will heavily discount prices in my watchlists for limited periods so that's a good time for me to try out an unknown brand or buy spares.

I'm not keen on lace front synthetic wigs either and you'll find those can cost almost twice the price of their non-lace counterparts.

As for sleeping wigs, I find that cheaper wigs can be a write-off within as little as one week whereas a more durable product will last several months but will go bad in the end...

Photoshoot wigs are only used briefly, perhaps a couple of times a year. I keep those pristine. Usually, when I find a really good wig, I am reluctant to trash it, especially if it becomes unavailable/discontinued.
Describing my airbabe in the style of Obi-Wan Kenobi; "She's more patch now than doll, twisted and crumpled."
Scammer switching my doll in the style of Darth Vader; "I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."
Discussing my dolls in the style of Alien... Woman; "You admire them." Me; "I admire their purity."
Tagline in the style of Robocop; "PART WOMAN, PART FANTASY, ALL DOLL!"

Dolls Alive! -
Marlene And Layna Ch. マーリーン レーナ

Khaossinua

Post by Khaossinua »

AliExpress,≈7-8$

IMG_20240301_151320_057.jpg
IMG_20240301_151320_057.jpg (133.79 KiB) Viewed 406 times
IMG_20240302_230032929.jpg
IMG_20240302_230032929.jpg (2.39 MiB) Viewed 406 times

baphometric

Post by baphometric »

Good suggestions so far, I'll have to try thrifting for a wig!

I'll also recommend Arda, most of Mia's wigs are from there. I never use the wig from the factory, it's so cheap.
https://arda-wigs.com/

I want to try a real human hair wig someday, they look so pretty. But I also like the exotic colors of synthetic wigs.

Arisa_

Post by Arisa_ »

Thanks for everyone’s suggestions and knowledge. Looks like I’ve just been led down yet another rabbit hole courtesy of TDF and my doll journey LOL!!!
Prior to dolls, to me wigs were just that thing barristers wore! But I couldn’t I believe I sat through an hour of YouTube videos learning about wigs (Closed lace, laced front,full laced, etc, etc)
Also, I never understood why people say brushing their doll’s hair was an enjoyment. For me, brushing hair meant … put on wig, brush through a handful of times …. whole thing, nothing more than a minute (and most of that probably was trying to get the wig straight!).
But yesterday, I actually “brushed” her hair. Okay, I have truly neglected her hair … the amount of knots was overwhelming. But I eventually got to the point where I could actually run my fingers through the entire length of her hair! And then, I felt the joy of brushing her hair!
“Libby” Starpery 151cm with Lubby head
“Mariana” Zelex 170C (GE125) with “Zoey” (GE98) and “Ori” (GE16) extra heads (On the ship! … Wait: Day #67)
>>> Mariana, Zoey & Ori's Thread
“Jazzy” LoveNestle Jasmine Mini Torso

INFORMATIONS