Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

A New Homemade Stand

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

Akai

A New Homemade Stand

Post by Akai »

Does anyone have or know of any pictures anywhere with the Realdoll 2 stand by itself and how the hook looks like where it attaches? I have a sturdy tripod already and I want to see if I can build a hook into it.
- More of my Girls - http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=14370 (need to update still)
My most recent, Red Succubus Girl, Lilyth!! viewtopic.php?t=158098

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Re: A New Homemade Stand

Post by AlexKnight »

Here's a review by Supersoul with pretty good pictures showing he hook: http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=49457
Check out Kayla's Christmas dress by clicking here. - December 17, 2015
or have a look at Ashley's Coverdoll release by clicking here - June 13, 2015

A must-see video on Realdoll softness! Click here!

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery
*I no longer have Jenna or Melissa.

Anassilao
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Anassilao »

Homemade stand? Yes.
I have scratchbuilt a wooden crane/stand for handle my body B:
Something of more robust and stable could be built for heavier bodies.
I can work easily the wood and other materials, so I am not have machines for metal workshops, but it's possible to built anything, if you are able in DIY.
Attachments
Fotomosaico.jpg
Fotomosaico.jpg (668.9 KiB) Viewed 3721 times

Akai

Post by Akai »

Oh cool. Thanks yall!
- More of my Girls - http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=14370 (need to update still)

Agalmato
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Agalmato »

Akai, I'm using an AV stand like you.
A friend of mine gave me some sort of AV bracket for me to screw the eyebolt through.
But I think I could've just used a smaller diameter pipe on the inside to support the thin-walled stand instead of this special bracket.
sIMG_20140708_141620.jpg
sIMG_20140708_141620.jpg (109.53 KiB) Viewed 3712 times
sIMG_20140708_141642.jpg
sIMG_20140708_141642.jpg (89.44 KiB) Viewed 3712 times

Akai

Post by Akai »

Agalmato wrote:Akai, I'm using an AV stand like you.
A friend of mine gave me some sort of AV bracket for me to screw the eyebolt through.
But I think I could've just used a smaller diameter pipe on the inside to support the thin-walled stand instead of this special bracket.
Awesome! Helpful pics. Where did you get that bracket? Having an issue finding it online.
And what do you mean about putting a smaller pipe inside instead? Like making an extension and have that pipe drilled with a hook sticking out the top of the stand or something?..

Agalmato
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Agalmato »

My friend is an AV installer so he had ordered it for a client that later on cancelled.
Here's a link
http://catalogs.infocommiq.com/avcat/CT ... uct=bt7035

My top tube is 1 3/8 so 35mm fits loosely. We drilled out the centre hole to accommodate the eyebolt.
Akai wrote:And what do you mean about putting a smaller pipe inside instead? Like making an extension and have that pipe drilled with a hook sticking out the top of the stand or something?..
I realize that this collar is hard to get so yes, like making an extension with a smaller or bigger second pipe but drill through both pipes to put the eyebolt through. The idea is that the weight of the doll may tear the pipe if it doesn't have additional reinforcement.

siliconefun
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconefun »

Anassilao wrote:Homemade stand? Yes.
I have scratchbuilt a wooden crane/stand for handle my body B:
Something of more robust and stable could be built for heavier bodies.
I can work easily the wood and other materials, so I am not have machines for metal workshops, but it's possible to built anything, if you are able in DIY.
Hi Anassilao,

great working and safe stand!!!

That's :thumbs_up: Guy

Akai

Post by Akai »

Got it to work! This is my stand so far. The butt pad is in the works.
Pipes are all made of galvanized steel and I just drilled holes it the big one for adjustments on height.
my doll stand 01.jpg
my doll stand 01.jpg (99.73 KiB) Viewed 3512 times
Center tube is 1" diamater and 38" long, 1" to 1/2" reducing tee, 1/2" x 5" long nipple, 1/2" x 3/8" reducing elbow, finally to the 3/8" x 2" long nipple which hooks in the eye hook on the doll.
my doll stand 02.jpg
my doll stand 02.jpg (73.53 KiB) Viewed 3512 times
my doll stand 03.jpg
my doll stand 03.jpg (43.65 KiB) Viewed 3512 times
Still need to make a proper butt pad.
"What! What!"  lol
"What! What!" lol
my doll stand 04.jpg (50.8 KiB) Viewed 3512 times
So glad it works great so far! It's nice having her stand now. :)

I'm not sure if I should make the tube extending out longer or not though... how far does the RD2 stand (or any similar stand) stick out from the center tube?

selobl
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by selobl »

That looks like a great stand. Thanks for sharing the design. Will you please post a couple of photos showing the neck hook and butt pad with her on the stand?

Akai

Post by Akai »

selobl wrote:That looks like a great stand. Thanks for sharing the design. Will you please post a couple of photos showing the neck hook and butt pad with her on the stand?
The eye hook just pops in like this :arrow:
my doll stand 05.jpg
my doll stand 05.jpg (40.2 KiB) Viewed 3482 times
Goes in really easy. It looks a lot like the one Abyss makes. A nut or something could also be screwed in at the top to make it more secure.
I still need to make the butt pad, but I will post when I get that done. :fadein:

dodgeman
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by dodgeman »

Hello Akai,

Your stand looks very good and your doll looks good while she is on it! You have her positioned out far enough from the vertical mast and if you move her out any further, The Torque angle on the mast will transfer to the base and become unstable for sure because of the weight being out further from the mast! The closer she is to the mast, the more weight will be applied straight down the mast into the base and be more stable! The Realdoll stand has a base that is near exact to the one that you have and the post that holds the doll is a little bit shorter than yours! AlexKnight posted earlier on this thread and directed you to a post made by Supersoul and has been made a Sticky! The thread is in the (Sticky) section just above this section and is a good read! Check it out for photos of the Realdoll stand! I saved a photo from Supersoul's post and I will post it for you here to see! There are more photos of the stand in that thread to look at! Like I said, your stand looks good and should do the job for you just as it is but, don't extend the hook post out any further or the stand will become unstable and want to tilt depending on the position of the legs!! :thumbs_up: :D

Cheers my friend, Dodgeman!
Attachments
This is a photo of the Realdoll stand from Supersoul's Realdoll stand review thread!
This is a photo of the Realdoll stand from Supersoul's Realdoll stand review thread!
montage_3.jpg (1.17 MiB) Viewed 3482 times
This is a photo of the back rest for the stands that I build and can be positioned anywhere on the mast!
This is a photo of the back rest for the stands that I build and can be positioned anywhere on the mast!
P1010698.JPG (98.42 KiB) Viewed 3482 times
This is a photo of the custom all Aluminum stands that I build for my dolls as I am a metal fabricator but even though I have been asked to build them for sale, I do not currently do that at this time! Perhaps in the future! There is only one member here on the forum that has one of my stands besides me and he is a personal friend! The flat cover on the stand base is an option and the mast lifts straight up out of the base to break it down for storage! I hope this gives some doll owners an idea of what can be built to keep your doll standing for maintenance and dressing!
This is a photo of the custom all Aluminum stands that I build for my dolls as I am a metal fabricator but even though I have been asked to build them for sale, I do not currently do that at this time! Perhaps in the future! There is only one member here on the forum that has one of my stands besides me and he is a personal friend! The flat cover on the stand base is an option and the mast lifts straight up out of the base to break it down for storage! I hope this gives some doll owners an idea of what can be built to keep your doll standing for maintenance and dressing!
P1010681.JPG (76.03 KiB) Viewed 3482 times

Akai

Post by Akai »

Thanks dodgeman. That is a nice aluminum stand. Lucky you are a fabricator because you got everything you need to make a stand right there. Haha
Those zip ties gave me an idea for mine.

dodgeman
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by dodgeman »

You are so welcome my friend and those ZIP ties are perfect for many applications including doll stands!! :mrgreen:

INFORMATIONS