betterlovedoll.com

Sakira's Photo Thread

For Doll related Photography, Graphics, and Web Design.

Moderator: Swan

RandomShock

Sakira's Photo Thread

Post by RandomShock »

It's been a long time in planning, but I'm now ready to start taking and posting some photos of Sakira, S30 head and 158B body from Sino Doll. While I'm an experienced (amateur) photographer, I've always gravitated towards landscape, macro, and astro photography, so doing portrait photography is an entirely new thing for me. I've got loads to learn and a ton of ideas to work with, so any critiques would be really appreciated.

For Sakira's configuration and review, please see the review link in my signature. Also included a link to my (our?) Twitter account, where Sakira and Takiko will be posting more photos and talking to the world.

Special thanks to Mia over at Yourdoll for assisting me during the purchasing process and to MannequinFan for working on a Sino version of his Easy Move Eyes.

With all that out of the way, here are a few photos from Sakira's first photo shoot as a pirate (obligatory arrrrgh here). I was still having lots of issues with process during this shoot, so I didn't get to do everything I wanted to, but I'll probably revisit this theme again.....because pirates.

Enjoy! (second obligatory arrrrrrgggh!)
Attachments
20210102_143045.jpg
20210102_143045.jpg (159.16 KiB) Viewed 3618 times
20210102_144040.jpg
20210102_144040.jpg (163.67 KiB) Viewed 3618 times
20201230_155041.jpg
20201230_155041.jpg (88.31 KiB) Viewed 3618 times
Takiko (瀧子) - WM Doll - [Body: 164D / Heads: #153, #334] - Review - Photo Thread
Sakira (咲星) - Sino Doll - [Body: 158 / Head: S30] - Review - Photo Thread

Twitter - Instagram

kevinth1985
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Re: Sakira's Photo Thread

Post by kevinth1985 »

Sakira makes a very beautiful pirate!
My best friend? My lover? My wifey? Jenny of course!

Jenny's Random adventures/thoughts: https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 3&t=114012

Your Doll
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Your Doll »

Wow! Sakira looks unique, and you really take excellent work on photos! :glou:
- Promotion and FREE GIFTS: https://www.yourdoll.com/on-sale/
- Get In-Stock Dolls in 5-10 days: https://www.yourdoll.com/in-stock/
❤Follow YourDoll On: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Youtube

matt gloss
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by matt gloss »

Thankyou very much and may I say ARRRGGH shebe luvly arrgh.

Seriously I am very attracted and I feel she is the one to save up for a travel permit :thumbs_up:

Matt

RandomShock

Post by RandomShock »

matt gloss wrote:Thankyou very much and may I say ARRRGGH shebe luvly arrgh.

Seriously I am very attracted and I feel she is the one to save up for a travel permit :thumbs_up:

Matt
She flies first class! (ie, I was happy with the packaging)
Takiko (瀧子) - WM Doll - [Body: 164D / Heads: #153, #334] - Review - Photo Thread

Twitter - Instagram

RandomShock

Post by RandomShock »

I finally started getting standing right with this photo shoot and am pretty happy with the results.

As for the theme...I have no clue. Sakira was still wearing her eyepatch awaiting new eyes, and I had just received the string bikini in the mail. Put on the string bikini and started thinking of a weird intergalactic steampunk kind of vibe....so this happened.
20210104_134915.jpg
20210104_134915.jpg (349.76 KiB) Viewed 3392 times

Don't move!
20210107_144900-Edit.jpg
20210107_144900-Edit.jpg (864.17 KiB) Viewed 3392 times

Twitter - Instagram

arkham71

Post by arkham71 »

RandomShock wrote:I finally started getting standing right with this photo shoot and am pretty happy with the results.

As for the theme...I have no clue. Sakira was still wearing her eyepatch awaiting new eyes, and I had just received the string bikini in the mail. Put on the string bikini and started thinking of a weird intergalactic steampunk kind of vibe....so this happened.
20210104_134915.jpg

Don't move!
20210107_144900-Edit.jpg
Wow, these shots are quite impressive. I really like the gun, and I think I have that same hat in my bedroom somewhere.

I think that's a very creative way to use the props that you already have on hand.

The lighting is also really good in these shots. :)
What lay behind our joint love of shadows and marvels was, no doubt, the ancient, mouldering, and subtly fearsome town in which we live - witch-cursed, legend-haunted Arkham, whose huddled, sagging gambrel roofs and crumbling Georgian balustrades brood out the centuries beside the darkly muttering Miskatonic.

"The Thing on the Doorstep", HP Lovecraft

keira_kun
Ex-Member

Post by keira_kun »

That's really cool standing pose!
What's the trick?)

RandomShock

Post by RandomShock »

keira_kun wrote:That's really cool standing pose!
What's the trick?)
I pounded some grommets into a piece of leather and attached some 100 pound braided fishing line to two carabiners (I should swap these to my black diamond ones since these have a couple of sharp places that will damage the line if I'm not careful). The grommet without any line goes over the neck bolt, then I anchor the carabiners in opposite directions with some sandbags. The weight is still on her foot, so the anchors don't have too much effort to keep her balanced.
standing_assist.jpg
standing_assist.jpg (474.4 KiB) Viewed 3328 times
I'll also probably switch to black powder coated aircraft cable in the future, since I'll be using that and some harnesses to lift the dolls for more action/flying poses.

Here's how it looks while she's still also being held upright.
20210104_131154.jpg
20210104_131154.jpg (1.01 MiB) Viewed 3330 times
And now for some 'free' standing!
20210104_114528.jpg
20210104_114528.jpg (818.4 KiB) Viewed 3330 times

Twitter - Instagram

scooter_ca
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by scooter_ca »

Hi RandomShock.
Great pictures of Sakira, and an excellent balancing idea.

It's good that her one leg can handle the weight, instead of your balancing device.
I'm thinking that with this two hole configuration, if you tried to get the device to take some weight it would force Sakira's head to tip forward.
To get the device to handle more weight, perhaps a three hole configuration would be better.
Put the middle grommet over the neck bolt and attach the carabiners to the outer two grommets.

Thanks,
scooter
With beautiful Daria and Giorgi.
Everything about Daria can be found in her NEW Photo Timeline: https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 1&t=117493
Everything about Giorgi can be found in her Photo Timeline: https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 64&t=96105
Doll Album: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=14626

RandomShock

Post by RandomShock »

scooter_ca wrote:Hi RandomShock.
Great pictures of Sakira, and an excellent balancing idea.

It's good that her one leg can handle the weight, instead of your balancing device.
I'm thinking that with this two hole configuration, if you tried to get the device to take some weight it would force Sakira's head to tip forward.
To get the device to handle more weight, perhaps a three hole configuration would be better.
Put the middle grommet over the neck bolt and attach the carabiners to the outer two grommets.
Aye, this was never meant to bear weight, as it doesn't take much force at all to keep a doll balanced once standing. However, I am going to make a few changes to it this weekend, adding two more points and switching to dark gray braided lines (cleaner to remove in post when the line is in front of hair). I'll move the sandbags anchoring the two existing points a bit forward, then add two more points being anchored at 45 degree angles. Doing it this way should hopefully hold it in a static position, reducing any potential for wobbling. Sakira can handle some wobbling with her stiffer joints, but Takiko really needs to be rooted in place to allow for dynamic standing poses (postponed her yoga/tai chi photo shoot until later).

As for a weight-bearing system, I plan to use harnesses and aircraft cable to hold the dolls in the air (something like these). I may eventually want a full body harness, but for just starting out, a three pick waist/leg harness should do the trick (and I can keep using this neck system for balancing). I already have a truss system overhead that will support the weight of the dolls easily. Obviously, can't really conceal a harness when only wearing a swimsuit, so I may at times use some neoprene-sheathed nylon straps under the armpits, concealed by artfully arranging the doll's hair to hide the straps. Either way, I'm pretty interested in seeing what I can do.

Twitter - Instagram

Jimpink
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Jimpink »

RandomShock wrote:I finally started getting standing right with this photo shoot and am pretty happy with the results.

20210104_134915.jpg
This is super cute! Can't really say anymore...apart from excellent gun perhaps.
Boomtown!
Jimpink
Wolka & Amy
Pocket Pink Perfection
Instagram
House of Pink Girls
ImageImageImage

RandomShock

Post by RandomShock »

As the gun elicited some comments on its own, thought I'd go ahead and link it here. It's extremely light, so I only had to use fishing line in one of the shots to help Sakira with her aim. And, just for fun, here is the hat.

Twitter - Instagram

LoversJD
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by LoversJD »

She has an amazing body! Love the photos :)
Perception - "We don't see things as they are. We see them as we are." Anais Nin

XYDoll Monika 148cm -

RandomShock

Post by RandomShock »

Sakira making some whipped cream for dessert :razz:

Twitter - Instagram

INFORMATIONS