www.wmdolls.com

Meet EVA, my new mannequin to mod!

All forms of mannequins that were not originally sold as love dolls. Mannequins that have been modified for sex should also be included here.
Fiberglass guy

Re: Meet EVA, my new mannequin to mod!

Post by Fiberglass guy »

HIGHLY interested in the eye movement system too! Has some uses for head projects I have in the shop for Halloween etc, I build all kinds of things, this is a side hobby here.

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Fiberglass guy wrote:You could also try and "build out" her area on the 3-d printer as part of the insert! Whatever you do I'll take one as I think your pictures of her have sealed the deal, the other MQ was too big for my liking, this one seems more petite! I will be moving her legs for sure a tad wider and back against her abdomen more, won't know till I have her here! Keep up the inspiring work!!
Not sure if I understand what you mean by build out, could you explain?
My printer has a max printing size of about 5" cube. Anything larger needs to be printed in sections and glued up.
Which MQ was the other MQ that was too big? The Fiona model or the other kneeling one (MZ-VIS2)?

Just as an aside, this may be bordering on OCD lol, but here is a little study I did on the Fleshlight to observe the expansion and change in size of the sleeve when being "used".
Don't worry, I'm not using my penis. :lol:
The red lines are the original cone shape I used and white lines are the new V3 shape. The grid lines are 1/4" spacing.
I used a plastic spice container as a dildo - the circumference or girth of the bottle is a little over 5", so it's slightly bigger than the average penis.
FL study.jpg
FL study.jpg (1.47 MiB) Viewed 4146 times
Fiberglass guy wrote:HIGHLY interested in the eye movement system too! Has some uses for head projects I have in the shop for Halloween etc, I build all kinds of things, this is a side hobby here.
I assume you mean the one I did for my little Abby project. Her head is smaller - about 19" circumference so it probably would be too small for a full size MQ. I could possibly size it up a small amount but it's pretty much at the max size I can print. I could print out the components but the eye sockets would need to be fit to the mannequin's face. Maybe I could just print out the section of the face with the components - you'd have to blend it into the mannequin head somehow.

Fiberglass guy

Post by Fiberglass guy »

Mzvis2 was too big, and the legs were flat( I fixed that) I did like her feet though as she could wear flat shoes like sneakers without an unrealistic bend in her foot Eva seems destined for heels... and I meant sculpt up the mound area buy like an inch to give you more area to add the insert, shouldn't alter her contour too much, I FULLY understand the OCD by the way.. I thought the eye movement was for your Fiona MQ was I wrong? I can blend ANYTHING I'm a sculptor as well, just have zero computer skills everything I do is done in traditional ways with sculpting clays or in actual bondo and fiberglass! I can add pictures now I will try and sketch what I mean about making the pubic mound larger and then the insert into that, thicken the flange etc.

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Fiberglass guy wrote:Mzvis2 was too big, and the legs were flat( I fixed that) I did like her feet though as she could wear flat shoes like sneakers without an unrealistic bend in her foot Eva seems destined for heels... and I meant sculpt up the mound area buy like an inch to give you more area to add the insert, shouldn't alter her contour too much, I FULLY understand the OCD by the way.. I thought the eye movement was for your Fiona MQ was I wrong? I can blend ANYTHING I'm a sculptor as well, just have zero computer skills everything I do is done in traditional ways with sculpting clays or in actual bondo and fiberglass! I can add pictures now I will try and sketch what I mean about making the pubic mound larger and then the insert into that, thicken the flange etc.
Ok thanks, I understand what you mean now. I think with the new adapter shape having it more recessed may work to the advantage. The more recessed the more oval shaped the opening will become. We shall see. I'll probably start working on Eva's adapter later tonight.

With Fiona, the eyes can be moved and closed but there's no mechanism like with Abby. It has the same eyelid design as Abby but the eyes each need to be moved by hand. As with Abby, I'm still in progress getting Fiona done, so I'm not sure yet how successful it is.
Fiona's printed eyes are large 29mm. If you are good at painting eyes and iris, you could probably paint the printed eyes and save money on glass eyes.
The white ABS plastic actually looks pretty good for the sclera - you can polish the eyeballs with acetone which will give them a glassy glaze.
I've been getting the plastic iris inserts here: http://www.glasseyesonline.com/index.ph ... ucts_id=54
They look OK at a short distance but are not hyper realistic. I wish they made some nice glass irises that were more realistic.

Fiberglass guy

Post by Fiberglass guy »

I have acrylic eyes already full round and some nice acrylic teeth as well, Fiona's eyes ARE what I was interested in not abby's I'm working on taking some pictures as I have some heads you might be interested in with open mouths etc, the head is from my old mvis2 I saved it to experiment with opening the mouth and eyes both of which were slightly successful. For artistic display only and the eyes are held with wax and are a pain to move around and I would like the insert for the closed eyelid option, I could easily blend it to fit this head.

Fiberglass guy

Post by Fiberglass guy »

as soon as eva's adapter is complete put me down for one! Just tell me how that is arranged As I'm new here...

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

It would be nice to find a mannequin that many would like to have and print up a set of knee and elbow joints. Make a mold of the printed parts for casting in a 2-part resin to save over printing time. Even the insert adapter could be molded. All of this w/ permission and commission of the designer of course.

Can Eva's hands be printed as a solo piece? Can they be reduced in scale and printed as a solo piece?
Would love to have a set of sexy hands for Nikki.
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

Fiberglass guy

Post by Fiberglass guy »

I would JUMP all over the knee joints, and ankle joints, I don't know how strong the printed plastic is, but if it was simple enough a design I could mold them in silicone and make fiberglass casts, but it would take skill and a lot of fumes to mate them up! I have always envisioned a ball jointed type MG with arms and knees and ankle articulation, head can be easily swapped with one of the plastic ones that swivels if head movement or swapping is desired. Maybe a printed neck stump with the proper mount printed for those plastic MQ's I could supply my head to MF for scans....

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Fiberglass guy wrote:as soon as eva's adapter is complete put me down for one! Just tell me how that is arranged As I'm new here...
FG I sent you a PM - you should be able to do PM's now that you have more than 5 posts.
rubherkitty wrote:
Can Eva's hands be printed as a solo piece? Can they be reduced in scale and printed as a solo piece?
Would love to have a set of sexy hands for Nikki.
I would have to get her hands scanned first which seems to be difficult with the Kinect. It just doesn't do well on the fingers.
For about $33 USD I can get one of these hi-res scans... :)
http://www.3dscanstore.com/index.php?ro ... uct_id=541

Looks great but kind of pricey for just a hand though.

For about the same price I can also get a whole girl!
http://www.3dscanstore.com/index.php?ro ... duct_id=85

The hands look fairly good but I'm thinking the fingers are probably joined together on the full body scan.
It's better than I can do with the Kinect though.

Fiberglass guy

Post by Fiberglass guy »

Got it and replied I think...tried to post a photo here but couldn't I need to learn how to use a computer...

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

OK, seems like we talked this before.
Really not worth messing with for a one off project. I can add some bondoglass extensions to her fingers and put some nails on. Won't be able to tell her last joint is a little too long by candlelight. I already have those larger barbie hands for Janell.

If I ever convert a mannequin for a small doll plug I will probably need a nice set of hands and feet then and can justify the cost.
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

Fiberglass guy

Post by Fiberglass guy »

I have 2 pairs of hands available from old MQ's One has fingernail extensions added but they could be easily removed, fit standard MQ's and have standard attachment points, off of the same one MF used for Sammi and The MZ-vis2 if you need to see what they look like..

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Fiberglass guy wrote:I have 2 pairs of hands available from old MQ's One has fingernail extensions added but they could be easily removed, fit standard MQ's and have standard attachment points, off of the same one MF used for Sammi and The MZ-vis2 if you need to see what they look like..
The VIS2 hands are nice...

I think RK's dilemma though is that he needs them smaller.
Sooner or later I need to finish Abby's arms so I will be doing a hand, either by getting a nice scan like above or modeling one myself.
Once that's done I can reduce and print to any size needed.
Fiberglass guy wrote:Got it and replied I think...tried to post a photo here but couldn't I need to learn how to use a computer...
The easiest way to post photos is to attach them directly to your post.
It's easy as 1,2,3,4! :)
posting images.jpg
posting images.jpg (946.74 KiB) Viewed 4060 times
1. Click on the "Browse" button in the Upload attachments area to find the photo on your computer.
2. Click on the "Add the file" button. This will upload the photo to TDF.
3. When the file is done uploading you will see a "place inline" button right below the message text box. If you click this button the attachment will be placed wherever the cursor is in your message.
If you don't use the place inline button, the images will be displayed after your text message in the reverse order that you uploaded them.
4. As you upload files, they will be listed in the Posted attachments area. You can add a comment to each photo by typing it in the File comment box.

Hope this helps.
:)

P.S.
3600 pixels is the maximum image size allowed on attachments, so if they are larger than that you may need to resize them.

Fiberglass guy

Post by Fiberglass guy »

That was the problem, how do I resize them? I figured he could just use the fingers of the hands, I saw his project. I was going to use them to try reposing them and some sculpture work, make them more realistic, but relly don't see the need any more, ALSO have a leg that was sawed off if anyone is interested in seeing what the mount looks like from the reverse side! Not many people see those!

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

If you are on Windows, there is a program called "Paint".
It's under Accessories in the Start menu.
Just open your photo and look for the "resize" button in the menu bar at the top in Paint.
You can resize it there to something less than 3600. Make sure that the "Maintain aspect ratio" checkbox is checked.

INFORMATIONS