betterlovedoll.com

Tell us your views about sex - study of doll users.

Articles about Dolls and Owners in digital and printed media.
Also includes radio.
Pron
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Tell us your views about sex - study of doll users.

Post by Pron »

SynthetikReality95 wrote:Can't believe the admins still allow media and survey people here.

<removed, Rule 3>
I wondered, too why TDF allows this. Often such surveys and documentary reports casted doll owners in a negative light.

https://www.ntu.ac.uk/staff-profiles/so ... aig-harper
Craig’s research is linked to the ongoing activities taking place within the Sexual Offences, Crime & Misconduct Research Unit (SOCAMRU) at NTU.
For me it looks like someone wants to find arguments to relate doll ownership with sexual crime. 8O

Just an example:
You are asked if you are "doll user" and you answer with "Yes".
You are asked if you abuse children in a sexual way and can answer "Yes" or "No".

Someone who is against doll ownership can just answer the survey and answer both questions with "Yes". He can take part how often he wants because it can't be controlled who takes part.

So there will be a scientific study supported by TDF and it's doll users which will have as a result: 20% of all doll users abuse children in a sexual way.

If you find enough people who put in wrong information in such surveys and they document their manipulation by saving a copy, at least you can say the whole study was rubbish and prove it afterwards. :whistle:

zaxdoll
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by zaxdoll »

Playtime wrote:G'day everyone,....
zaxdoll wrote: On another level it's the same question as for cameras in streets, as long as you're honest why should we be worried :mrgreen: only the bad guys are worried
Oh I could take that argument apart but this is not a political forum so I will have to refrain,...

But as stated,.. 'Doll User' has to me a negative cogitation.

I notice in the multiple choice section there isn't any neutral choice.

The set answers don't allow for context.

Playtime.
I understand and maybe my english is bad (not my native language :/ )
My thought is : as long as your honest and non criminal, why not help and why fear the police ?
Except that controls often makes you loose time :P
And by the time being i truly think that owning a doll is something normal, as a toy or as companion.
In my youth a guy once commit crime and he was playing AD&D, so in a flash all role players were sociopaths and criminal...
History repeat itself in the head of dumb people not understanding differences :mrgreen:

wmh6082
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by wmh6082 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPm45guGm9w
Here are some of my opinions
DS168~Tornado girlviewtopic.php?f=143&t=97872

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

In reply to SR and Pron:

The media section of TDF is to report about what media is publishing about dolls and doll owners. This includes reports of what has been published, often posted here by Rainlover (Media Correspondent at TDF Staff), and requests by media related people and media or research students asking members to cooperate in their project.

In regards to media people and students asking for cooperation, TDF Management verifies them before granting them a media/student account. Verification involves that we know who they are and know what their aim is -publication, research and such. In case of students we also ask about the college/university and mentor.
Based on correspondence we have up-front, we may warn them about stereotyping and such. But we don't want to interfere in any project. We just want to make sure that someone who tells us to be media or to be a student is not a troll, is sincere about their aim. Please know that there are less sincere requests too.
TDF is no part of any of these projects. It's up to every individual to cooperate. To take a survey, to do an interview, or whatever cooperation is asked.

In regards to this research. I'm sure that Sian is trustworthy. The term "doll user" slipped through and was not meant to be disrespectful. "Doll owner" would have been much better. I guess this is clear to everyone, including Sian. No need to elaborate on this.
When I took this survey, I was also surprised that this is not focussing on doll ownership, but on how men approach women [just to put it very generic; and it seems that the researcher made a wrong assumption that all doll owners are men] and about violence and abuse against women. But this does not necessarily put doll owners among those that abuse women. Sian stated that the same questions are asked to non-doll-owners. Hopefully this research will show that doll owners are more friendly than others.

Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

is everyone getting the same questions? i only remember one question about children.

maybe i misread.

LDF
Ex-Member

Post by LDF »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the vast majority of doll owners Chinese men?

As in, part of the 30+ million excess males (relative to females) living in China today.

Shouldn't they be studied by someone, somehow?

I also agree that assuming that all doll owners, and members of TDF, are male is an error.

IMHO:

In the future, doll owners only should be allowed to do these kinds of studies on TDF.

The questions asked in these studies lack insight into who and what we are about.

LDF.
Why didn't I take the blue pill?

Stepford_CT
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Stepford_CT »

autolycus wrote:
doll-noob55 wrote: there is no correlation between using a sex toy on yourself vs raping another being.
Hear hear! I do understand the need to back up that statement with data, and I sincerely hope that studies might vindicate us on this one. Honestly, this is the first I've heard that some "experts" believe that loving a doll is pathological, and that accusation makes me sad and angry.

I would point out that the members of this forum are the kindest and most empathetic community of any anonymous online forum I have belonged to. When we disagree it is generally done with respect and consideration.

I'll probably take the survey, but I hope it's not being driven by some warped anti-doll bias.
I have been hearing for months on the internet, both in print and videos, where experts see having sex with a doll as being equal to rape. They've actually stated so. While these posts reference sexbots, remember a sexbot is still a sex doll. Also note they define rape as unwanted/non-consentual sex.
https://www.rt.com/uk/404062-robot-sex-doll-rape/
http://sheddingoftheego.com/2016/01/23/ ... ly-by-men/
https://www.valuewalk.com/2017/08/sexbots/
https://campaignagainstsexrobots.org/20 ... e-culture/
http://www.jpe.ox.ac.uk/papers/is-sex-with-robots-rape/

There are others, but this should suffice.

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

Stepford_CT wrote:I have been hearing for months on the internet, both in print and videos, where experts see having sex with a doll as being equal to rape.
Experts 8O :roll: :lol: :haha4: :haha4: :haha4: :haha4: :haha4: :haha4:

You said experts :? :? :? :haha4: :haha4: :haha4: :haha4: :haha4:

Oh, experts in stereotyping :thumbs_down:

Stepford_CT
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Stepford_CT »

Nescio50 wrote:
Stepford_CT wrote:I have been hearing for months on the internet, both in print and videos, where experts see having sex with a doll as being equal to rape.
Experts 8O :roll: :lol: :haha4: :haha4: :haha4: :haha4: :haha4: :haha4:

You said experts :? :? :? :haha4: :haha4: :haha4: :haha4: :haha4:

Oh, experts in stereotyping :thumbs_down:
Go ahead and laugh. When, and I mean when, they start passing laws in regards to owning or having sex with dolls, you won’t be laughing. Look at how lobbyists and protesters have already got legislators to pass laws curtailing possession, purchase of, and use of other legal-to-own items.

ccrider32759
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by ccrider32759 »

In a society where we have opposition to our chosen lifestyle it doesn't make much sense to me to grant a Criminal Behavior group access to compare us to "normal" people. I.E. non-criminals. Regardless of the stated intentions, there's no way for this data to be used except in a negative way towards us "doll users" as a whole. Kind of what I said before, you are giving them the ammunition to use against us. Maybe not the best idea, just saying....
My gals:
Suzie: WM 163cm C cup (2015)
Tama: JY 148cm D cup (2018)

Saki and Hanabi 6YE 160cm G cup

RainLover
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RainLover »

Sian_E wrote:We are happy to keep the forum informed as we get some results analysed in the coming weeks and months.
Forum updates as your analysis becomes available is required. Thank you.

If you do a follow-up study, I hope you'll figure out a way to include women more effectively. Also, I realize the scope of the present study is pre-configured to studying doll owners versus non-doll owners, but studying the thoughts and feelings of doll owners about their dolls might be something to consider for the future.
Nescio50 wrote:The media section of TDF is to report about what media is publishing about dolls and doll owners. This includes reports of what has been published, often posted here by Rainlover (Media Correspondent at TDF Staff), and requests by media related people and media or research students asking members to cooperate in their project.
Thanks for the shoutout! I appreciate that.
2018-03-18 Qualtrics survey final screen.jpg
2018-03-18 Qualtrics survey final screen.jpg (11.66 KiB) Viewed 1925 times
I took the survey too. I'm a woman, and just reading those sexual situation sections left me physically shaking from discomfort. I've taken many Qualtrics-powered academic surveys, including the word-matching bit in the middle, and it's been fine, but this one -- OMG. I had to leave the room when I was done. 8O
"Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together." -- Liz Taylor
"Home, where my love lies waiting silently for me." -- hipsters Simon & Garfunkel, singing about doll ownership before it was cool.

lilbitlonely
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by lilbitlonely »

From the sounds of this survey (per the comments above) I wonder if it isn't the creator of the survey who should be analyzed for sexual deviance and violent tendencies, as most of the people here seem to be quite put off by the contents/presentation of the survey. I think that fact alone speaks volumes by itself.

I have to ask... Will the scope of discerning comments in this thread be given due credit within your final presentation, or are the preconceived/skewed questions/responses in the current survey all that matter in this 'research'?

LDF
Ex-Member

Post by LDF »

IMHO:

Conducting a study of this type is a common requirement for graduate and post graduate degrees in the social sciences.

While it's a mentor approved study, it's still one of those stepping stones for someone like Sian_E to traverse.

So, we can cut them some slack.

Regardless, we can pretty much tell that the study is testing for pathologies in doll users vs non users.

I still think getting a large enough sample is going to be the main problem, and I don't think there's going to be any significant difference between the two groups.

So, perhaps we're just spinning our wheels here.
Why didn't I take the blue pill?

Stepford_CT
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Stepford_CT »

ccrider32759 wrote:In a society where we have opposition to our chosen lifestyle it doesn't make much sense to me to grant a Criminal Behavior group access to compare us to "normal" people. I.E. non-criminals. Regardless of the stated intentions, there's no way for this data to be used except in a negative way towards us "doll users" as a whole. Kind of what I said before, you are giving them the ammunition to use against us. Maybe not the best idea, just saying....
I agree. Maybe if this "researcher" really wanted to know what it's like to interact with a doll, he should buy one and see for himself.

INFORMATIONS