teddy-babes.com

Teddy Babe Lips - something different!

Mods, Repairs & Maintenance related specifically to Teddy Babes
dolldoer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Teddy Babe Lips - something different!

Post by dolldoer »

Well, it finally happened. My Baby Lisa's lips came off! I did the best I could cleaning the glue and remnants of lip off with acetone and although it came out acceptable, she looked scary!

First I was disappointed, but then I thought it was an opportunity to see what she would look like with different lips. So, I found pictures of lips on the internet, resized them in Photofiltre and printed some. Then I carefully cut them out and tried out the various ones on my Baby. Results...
lips comp1.40.jpg
lips comp1.40.jpg (590.35 KiB) Viewed 2955 times
That was fun and it gave me a whole new perspective on what she could look like.

My next step was to make new lips. I made a mold of the old ones, cast it with 100% silicone and some red paint. It came out OK, but the very edge broke and I ended up trimming the smile.
I had been thinking about this project for a while (since her lips started becoming unglued) and I had done some research and found a baby pacifier made to look like lips. Looked good, so I bought it and made a mold and casting of that...
lips comp2.40.jpg
lips comp2.40.jpg (333.05 KiB) Viewed 2955 times
The mold was made in a small container that I put plaster of paris in, oiled the lips and stuck in the plaster till it set. When dry the lips came out by pulling on the nipple. I then mixed some 100% silicone caulking (the kind from a cartridge which I had left over from a house project) with mineral spirits and some drops of red water based paint. I wasn't real careful on measuring anything, just made the mix pourable. I brushed some oil on the mold and poured in the silicone. I let it set for about a week before I took it out. For my first try I was fairly happy with the results. The mineral spirits smell took about a month to go away, but it did. I guess it takes a while to fully cure.
mould cast.jpg
mould cast.jpg (291.68 KiB) Viewed 2955 times
I like the new version so much, I don't know if I will ever use the old lips again.
And when I wake up next to her in the morning... OMG!
morning (1).jpg
morning (1).jpg (619.03 KiB) Viewed 2955 times

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

Re: Teddy Babe Lips - something different!

Post by Stewie studmuffin »

Great information! :thumbs_up: She is indeed one sexy Babe! :angel:
By the way, where did you find that pacifier?
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Girlfriends are for guys who haven't found the right doll yet.

I feel much better now that I've given up hope.

dolldoer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by dolldoer »

Stewie studmuffin wrote:Great information! :thumbs_up: She is indeed one sexy Babe! :angel:
By the way, where did you find that pacifier?
I got mine from AliExpress some time ago, but they also sold the same thing on ebay for under 2 dollars. There are a few different models. I got the one that looked good and closely matched the size (about 5cm or 2" wide)
Here is one currently on EBay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Funny-Cute-Bab ... rk:27:pf:0
But if the sale is over or the link goes dead just search "lips pacifier"

The lips part is actually a hard plastic, only the nipple on the back side is "food grade silicone". That's why I cast my own, otherwise I would have just used the pacifier lips.

Zang
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Zang »

Between those custom eyelids and these new silicone lips -- who knew a Teddy Babe could look so seductive? :onfire: Impressive!

Now if only Eighth Wonder would take note... (concerning the lip material, at least.)

dolldoer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by dolldoer »

Zang wrote:Between those custom eyelids and these new silicone lips -- who knew a Teddy Babe could look so seductive? :onfire: Impressive!

Now if only Eighth Wonder would take note... (concerning the lip material, at least.)
Yes, that's the word... "seductive", you nailed it.

What do you mean for Eighth Wonder to take note? As far as making the lips out of silicone instead of rubber, or the style of lips? These are definitely more dimensional and sexy!

DocMoriarty
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by DocMoriarty »

Thats really an impressive result. The new ones are definitly better than the original! :multi:

I ordered 2 molds for lips from china a while ago but they are still not here. Not that I need them right now, just want to have something in stock when I need it. The pacifiers are new to me, might have to get one too. Really amazing shape. Also like her eyelids, great work!

Here is a link to German Amazon for these lips. I just ordered 2 of them:
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07D4H ... UTF8&psc=1

Zang
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Zang »

dolldoer wrote:What do you mean for Eighth Wonder to take note? As far as making the lips out of silicone instead of rubber, or the style of lips? These are definitely more dimensional and sexy!
Exactly. If Eighth Wonder made their TB lips more like your custom TB lips, the result would be even more expressive and more attractive... and more durable as well!

dolldoer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by dolldoer »

DocMoriarty wrote:Thats really an impressive result. The new ones are definitly better than the original!
Really amazing shape. Also like her eyelids, great work!
Thanks Doc, Glad you could find the lips in your country, those are the ones!
Zang wrote:Exactly. If Eighth Wonder made their TB lips more like your custom TB lips, the result would be even more expressive and more attractive... and more durable as well!
Yeah, agreed, more updated lips or just better choices would be welcome.

DocMoriarty
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by DocMoriarty »

dolldoer wrote:
DocMoriarty wrote:Thats really an impressive result. The new ones are definitly better than the original!
Really amazing shape. Also like her eyelids, great work!
Thanks Doc, Glad you could find the lips in your country, those are the ones!
Zang wrote:Exactly. If Eighth Wonder made their TB lips more like your custom TB lips, the result would be even more expressive and more attractive... and more durable as well!
Yeah, agreed, more updated lips or just better choices would be welcome.
Meanwhile I got my lips but didn't use them yet. My TBDs lips are still good for the moment. But I'm prepared for the day ...

Henry869
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Henry869 »

Been perusing the Teddy B website and the topics on the Forum here....
Damn those are sexy lips! Maybe you could make/sell em for other Babes owners?
Tori, a Smart Doll Trinity

The Aiko doll sestras... Lizette (82cm) Addison (63cm Elf) Annette (60cm original Aiko) Leena (Aiko bjd) and Rose (wire skeleton Aiko prototype).

Celine (Teddy Babe standard Diana)
———
Hundreds of years from now, it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove... But the world may be different because I did something so bafflingly crazy that my ruins become a tourist attraction.

dolldoer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by dolldoer »

Henry869 wrote:Been perusing the Teddy B website and the topics on the Forum here....
Damn those are sexy lips! Maybe you could make/sell em for other Babes owners?
Your right about them being sexy! but I don't think I could make/sell them because I didn't make the original. Also I am just learning about molding and casting (my product is a bit amateurish). I may do my own sculpt in the future, then I could do as I want. If somebody really wants a pair for their babe just pm me and maybe I could just make a pair in exchange for, say of a pic of their TB's eyes in the eye exchange thread. just a thought...

INFORMATIONS