www.wmdolls.com

Ankles and repairs

WM dolls was establish on 2012, we have own production base (located center of Greater Bay Area, Guangdong, China), which is one of the most professional and the biggest factory of realistic sex dolls in the world.
As pioneered TPE used and many famous brands' dolls manufacturer, We have been focusing on customer experience, and continue to work hard to develop new functions for dolls.
We have many patents and independently developed exclusive functions, Such as Breathing feature, Ball Joints Hand Skeleton, Real Oral Sex(ROS) Head, etc.
adelea
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Ankles and repairs

Post by adelea »

Hi,

Earlier today I had been posing my 166C, and had rotated her feet out maybe 45 degrees. They rotated easily enough - a little stiff, but certainly no more so than any of her other joints.

I straightened it out earlier and left her in bed.

I have just stood her (in flat shoes), and when I let her rest her weight on her feet, her ankle turned and she started to fall.

Placing her back on the bed, I can see there is pretty much free rotation around the ankle - the foot can easily rotate 180 degrees, and if I was going to risk tearing the TPE, could probably do 360 and keep going.

The foot still feels as though it is attached to the leg -- holding the heel and gently pulling it has no movement whatsoever.

Holding her leg up in the air, the foot rotates around its centre of gravity and droops.

So, what is it that governs the rotational aspect of the ankles movement? Is it easy enough to fix?

Maviarab
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Re: Ankles and repairs

Post by Maviarab »

grimreefer has a WM skeleton...might be an idea to pop him a pm and ask nicely for a picture of it.

Tor

Post by Tor »

@adelea
Same thing with my Katja. One ankle is stiff, like other joints. But still easy to adjust. The other ankle is completely loose, spinning freely. If I lay her on her back, the foot drops to the side. If I pose her with her leg up in the air, the one foot swivels around 180 degrees. Freaks me out, because it looks like her foot is broken. But it is still attached to her leg. But it saddens me ever so slightly, because I think it makes her more difficult to stand. And I paid for the standing option for a purpose...

adelea
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by adelea »

Is it her left or right foot Tor? On Ari it is her right.

@Maviarab - thanks, PM'd Grim - hopefully some pictures may clear things up.

Tor

Post by Tor »

@adelea

The left foot is right. The right foot is wrong (sorry, trying to make a joke). :D

I'm taking the liberty to post three photos on your thread. I hope it is OK.
Our dolls were made by WM Dolls the same week (and arrived a couple of days apart).
Maybe a batch of screws they were using were faulty?
Katja was that way one Day One when I took her out of the box. I though actually there was something wrong with her left foot, because it was so stiff compared to the right one. But when I tried adjusting other limbs, I found out they were all the same stiffness as the left foot. The right food is just dangling around like a limp noodle. And her left hip joint is so stiff I can hardly move it. And when it moves, it sounds like if I were stepping on the tail of a cat. 8O :x Actually I had a bad dream tonight. I dreamt I was adjusting that leg, and her tummy started swelling, and out exploded a lot of metal springs and wires, hitting me in the face so blood was gushing out. First bad dream in a loooong time. Woke up all sweaty.
Anyway, here are the aforementioned pictures:
Right foot #1.JPG
Right foot #1.JPG (3.75 MiB) Viewed 4909 times
Right foot #2.JPG
Right foot #2.JPG (3.8 MiB) Viewed 4909 times
Right foot #3.JPG
Right foot #3.JPG (3.62 MiB) Viewed 4909 times
Is there a doctor present?!?

Maviarab
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Maviarab »

No probs mate. Not well up on WM skeletons I;m afraid so hesitant to say anything..but hopefully grim can shed some light on it for you both.

adelea
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by adelea »

@Tor - yeah, that is exactly what happens with Ari - though she was fine until I moved it.

It seems as though whatever there is that limits the amount of rotation is broken, so hopefully it can be fixed. Though, I would settle for it being fixed in place and pointing in the right direction!

Its interesting we had the same failure, and as you say our dolls were probably manufactured very close together.

Fenrir

Post by Fenrir »

My WM 170M has the same issue. It only happened after my attempt to stand her up wearing heels, which was a bad idea.

The ankle is just too loose and floppy.

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

They say timing is EVERYTHING......
And this will BLOW your mind.
I have an OR.
Same issue...foot revolved, loose
MY FAULT,she was fine until I did something, what I do not know for sure..it was quite awhile ago.
I wanted to add some standing feet to her...
Yes, it would look no where as good as if done elsewhere
I cut a hole on the bottom of her foot, but where the last bold would be
I then peeled the TPE down and away
What can me make surgery tough is you MIGHT need to cut away some of the tape around it
I held her foot tight
Reached in with a wrench and turned the two bolts to the right and all is well
And I even saw holes drilled
Best,
Jeff

Jay1313
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Jay1313 »

I had they same issue with me ordoll right out the box, ordoll is part same company as WM , maybe it’s a assembly issue, I know that it’s part of the reason it’s stopped me from even considering buy from them again, along with WM and YL,. One can’t even express in words how it feels to have these quality issues on a product they’ve just spent 2k on. Proper training in skeletal assembly and quality checks and control need to be a top priority. For all manufacturers, and as of late, especially the three mentioned.

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

For me, the fix was quite easy and once people see what is going on, it will be quite obvious what needs to be done to get the doll ankle tight.
My doll is over two years
Best,
Jeff
http://dolldesire.com/
. One vendor name kept coming up as being great at helping customers walk through the process, Booty Call Dolls. So I decided I would work with them on this first purchase, and did.
-princeoverit
You could not of found a better person to help you with your first doll. Jeff /Booty call dolls, knows his stuff... One of the few members that is a vendor and a real lover of dolls. He owns quite a few dolls, and really understands the love we all share.
-Just in time

Tor

Post by Tor »

@Jay1313

I understand where you're coming from. This is my first impression also. After having owned the doll for less than a week, and during that time she lay passive in bed most of the time, I cannot speak with great authority. Neither have I owned any doll of any kind before. I was wary of Chineese build quality before buying, but those pictures were so appealing... :whistle:

I mean, the doll is nice looking, and there are moments when I get a nice feeling of realism when interacting. Like holding and sleeping next to her. But there are other things I don't care for. The feeling of that something is wrong with such an expensive product "straight out of the box" is not good. I must confess I spent the wait for the doll looking at other WM models. There are more realistically body-shapes than the 166C. I was already thinking of getting more than one doll, and certainly more than one head. But after seeing the quality, I have decided to spend my money on something else than dolls. So WM Dolls lost $4-6,000 easily on me by offering lower quality. Pity, really. :cry:

Or... could it be that Katja is just pretending? Faking it... :?
Just so I will never get another doll, and so she can be THE ONLY ONE FOREVER!
:D

Cubiko
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Cubiko »

:?:

So both were like this from day 1? That´s a new one, at least for me.

I always have a skeleton or two laying around (don´t ask...) and I just snapped a few photos.

The turning point is pretty far up the leg, see where it is on the attached photo. Jeff, are you saying one of those bolts lower down towards the ankle is the key and it should be tightened? This joint does indeed turn 360 degrees as default it seems, but it should be very tight.

Masai
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Masai »

[quote="adelea"]Hi,

Earlier today I had been posing my 166C, and had rotated her feet out maybe 45 degrees. They rotated easily enough - a little stiff, but certainly no more so than any of her other joints.

I straightened it out earlier and left her in bed.

I have just stood her (in flat shoes), and when I let her rest her weight on her feet, her ankle turned and she started to fall.

Placing her back on the bed, I can see there is pretty much free rotation around the ankle - the foot can easily rotate 180 degrees, and if I was going to risk tearing the TPE, could probably do 360 and keep going.

The foot still feels as though it is attached to the leg -- holding the heel and gently pulling it has no movement whatsoever.

Holding her leg up in the air, the foot rotates around its centre of gravity and droops.

So, what is it that governs the rotational aspect of the ankles movement? Is it easy enough to fix?

adelea, this is crazy :o

The very same thing happened to me this weekend and I have a YL Doll. Needing my head examined, I tried to stand Lorrie on her Knees and her right foot/ankle got bent back and twisted. As I was trying to save her toes from crushing, I feel like I broke her ankle.
Now it spins around loosely and I cannot tighten it whatsoever and I'm afraid to dig into the bottom of her foot to try and solve the problem. I am so bummed out after spending so much money on this doll.....seems unfair :x Since I'm afraid to do surgery, I'll have to live with her spinning ankle. That's a bummer because I love putting her legs and feet in the air for photo shoots :(
"There is nothing so precious or delicious in the whole of the tender sex as a beautiful female derriere." Gilles Neret, a French Art Historian and Publisher.

Tor

Post by Tor »

Just adding to what is already said:
Katja's right foot is also slightly loose in the up/down-direction. More specifically speaking; when laying flat on her back, legs straight out, I can pull the right foot 2-3 mm "down", away from the rest of the leg. Whereas the left, "tight" foot is very firmly attached to the leg. 8O
Poor gal... Only a few days old, and already troubled by osteoporosis :x

INFORMATIONS