Starpery.com

Am I screwed? WM 163cm H-Cup Jasmine doll hip broken.

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Maviarab
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Re: Am I screwed? WM 163cm H-Cup Jasmine doll hip broken.

Post by Maviarab »

Great to hear you had 'some success'....

As for the rest...yeah I feel you completely. I spent 3 months on and off working on one of my ladies...her hip also heh...and at times I got so disheartened...and my back...bending over her....trying to work in a small space (so as not to completely split her open down her side) was awkward to say the least. Unfortunately as wonderful as they are, I really don't think they are designed to actually be worked on, bit like modern engines...works af art...as long as you never have to do anything lol.

I would say persevere....you're almost done with it...but I will fully understand if you call it a day. Keep us updated.

abbadon31

Re: Am I screwed? WM 163cm H-Cup Jasmine doll hip broken.

Post by abbadon31 »

ballingular wrote:
abbadon31 wrote:left and right screw together at the same time no twisting of the parts at all just the threaded rod
hmm id have to remove the whole part of her leg skeleton and also the part with the hole wouldn't I?

Lets say worst case scenario that I cannot get a replacement part for it and my only option is to just live with it. I was thinking that I could possibly use a dremel to clear out the hole of the metal debris. From there I can reposition the leg in the same place it was when the fall took place, and re-insert it into the hole using some loctite to see if that works as a temporary solution.
No your twisting the center of the bolt. it would be just like threading in a single bolt and it will pull both sides together since both threads are going the opposite of the other.

INFORMATIONS