Starpery.com

Rebecca chest split

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Everhard
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by Everhard »

Thanks guys. It is a small tear but the separation inside goes farther than I can feel with my fingers. My plan is to try the method of injecting 2-part silicone, starting as deep inside as I can reach with the injector that came with the gel kit I got from 1PC.
Sith Lord wrote:See if you can push your fingers in the split and seperate any silicone from the foam.
The silicone beneath the hard chest foam feels totally smooth, like it was never joined! (At least as far as I can feel when reaching in through the split with my fingers.) However, that cannot really be the case, otherwise she would presumably have split open (in a big way) when she was new.

Certainly all the moving about for photo posing -- especially the unusual bed positions -- is likely to stress the body. Same when 'playing' in bed. All I can do is be as careful as I can, but it sounds like this separation was inevitable at some stage. I guessed it has the same basic cause as the total body splits that happened to one or two of these older dolls when their owners tried modifying them to hang up.

She has not had a back break, unlike my 2004 body 6 doll (Caroline) and my 2005 body 1 doll (Louise/Virginia), so hopefully the repair will last a long time if I do it right.

Britti_Lover
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Britti_Lover »

8)
Should I spread clear silicone adhesive inside to glue the hard foam to the 'diaphragm' of silicone rubber it rests on?
After you do your one hundreth repair - you start to try to think of ways NOT to have to repair them.

I keep doll movement to a minimum, clothes simple and I do repairs that will last.

I would take a LARGE tube of HIGH QUALITY silicone glue and inject the glue into the separation. This will keep the doll from coming apart again.

These dolls are basically silicone glued together - more glue - especially high quality glue will keep them from coming apart.

Finish with two-part - you are done!

:wink:

Everhard
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by Everhard »

She is up and about again; and able to participate in her mum's wedding. (See the Realdoll section.) The scar is rather too visible, partly because I did not take the staples out soon enough. (I set MS Outlook to remind me after 30 minutes, but instead it had an 'archive old items' dialog box behind all open windows, blocking all reminders... :x )

Anyway, I will add a layer of tanned two-part silicone to smooth it over a little.

INFORMATIONS