Starpery.com

Something badly happend today.

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
welcool
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Something badly happend today.

Post by welcool »

I have to say to all you bad news what did happend today.

I make a nice Photoshoot with my two dolls today. Uploaded Summer in her new jeans pictures to the Doll Album and heard a hard BOOM.

So I went to my bed room and saw both of my girls laying on the floor. :cry:

What happend is the hook in the celling ripped out. Each doll had it own hook but both landed on the floor.

Andie was first on the floor and Summer was on top of Andie.
Both dolls did got damaged.

Andie damage:
She was first on the floor. She broken her back her back joint.
Wires poked thuh her fingers and a some scars on her face and body.

Summer damage:
She was on top of Andie but also got some damage. Two finger wires came thuh and a scar at her back shoulder.

I couldn´t believe it when I saw my Dollies on the floor. Where I live, I have wooden floors, no carpet is was a hard landing for Andie.

I didn´t make any Pictures because I don´t want that you all see my two sweetie laying there.

I did open Andie´s back because it was so floppy and saw the broken joint.
I did ordered a Abyss a repair kit last week.
Hope it will come soon. I only ordered the kit for Summer, but now both doll are damage.

I must wait untill next month to order again at Abyss. I must get a back joint plus a Repair kit for Andie.

I will make a detail repair report how I am going to fix both dolls but now is Summer in the row to be fixed.

Welcool + Andie in pain + Summer in pain

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by AlexKnight »

Oh no, that is so sad to hear. Damage on one doll is bad, but on both must be even worse.

How did it happen both hooks got ripped out?

You would expect only one, or did Andie rip Summer down with her...?

Good luck with the repairs.
Check out Kayla's Christmas dress by clicking here. - December 17, 2015
or have a look at Ashley's Coverdoll release by clicking here - June 13, 2015

A must-see video on Realdoll softness! Click here!

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery
*I no longer have Jenna or Melissa.

BelShanar
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by BelShanar »

My Goodness!

Thats horrible news. I hope that you can make the repairs successfully.

I guess this shows that if we are going to install a hook/bolt in our ceilings, we should check the strength of the stud that it is being put into.

Again, I am truly sorry this happened to your dolls. I hope they recover quickly.

mahtek
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by mahtek »

My heart goes out to you and your girls Welcool. :(

Finger poke throughs are an easy fix, but surface scars and broken backs are another level of difficulty. Thank goodness none of the PVC bones broke!

Make the repairs slowly and carefully and all should be good.

Sorry again to hear this.

Mahtek & Phoebe & Penelope
All I ever wanted, all I ever needed is here, in my arms. Words are very unnecessary, they can only do harm.

welcool
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by welcool »

Andie and Summer has its own hook in the celling for the Photoshoot. Both hooks were about 20 cm (7,9 inch) away from each other.

The plastic peg where the hooked is screwed in the celling didn´t hold.
What did wondered me is, that the hook did hold one of my dolls for about 6 months with no sign of coming out.

When Andie falled she pulled Summer with her and she ripped out the hook.

Now I went to a hobby market and bought for all the hooks that I have in the celling new stuff.
I bought some threaded rods and drilled a hole as long as the drill point into the celling and use a special glue for concret.
It must cure for about 24 hours before I use the hook again.

As for the repairs it must wait untill my repair kit is here.

Thanks for all the comments it means a lot for the both.

They will be back for sure.

Welcool + Andie + Summer

PBShelley
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by PBShelley »

Welcool and girls,

I'm sorry to hear about your accident. I hope you can get all the repairs done effectively. Fortunately there's a lot of info here, and you have experts crawling all over the place! Good luck with your surgery.

PBS
Lily Godwin & Eden Gardner's Doll Albums are here: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=10095

Everhard
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by Everhard »

Welcool,

I have had two dolls with broken backs. Both are successfully repaired. I found both repairs difficult to do. See
2005 body 1 dislocated back

This kind of back joint is no longer used (I am told), but this and other forum topics about broken and/or dislocated back joints might give you some idea of how to do the repair.

I found it difficult to get the edges to align together properly when the silicone was drying after I closed the cut. The result is that both my Caroline and Louise/Virginia have small ridges in their backs where I opened them to get at the joints.

Everhard

mahtek
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by mahtek »

Welcool,

I think both Andie and Summer may have the old style of back joint that Phoebe has. Here's the link to Phoebe's repair.

http://www.dollalbum.com/gallery/album272

I hope it helps.

Mahtek & Phoebe & Penelope
All I ever wanted, all I ever needed is here, in my arms. Words are very unnecessary, they can only do harm.

Peonyou101
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Peonyou101 »

Yes this is horrible news. I am very sorry to hear that this had happened especially after a photo shoot with them, my heart saddened as I read what happened to your lovely girls. I hope you will be able to repair the damages they sustained today.

Mr_Gasket
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Mr_Gasket »

Welcool, I am SO sorry to hear your girls are injured. :cry: I hope you get the supplies you need to fix them soon. I know what the feeling is to have your doll broken, from when Vicki broke her hip :cry: We are all here for you if you need advice on the repairs. Good luck! :wink:
"Very funny, Scotty, now beam down my clothes."

<a target="_blank" href="http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/index.php?cat=10294">See more of my special girls</a>

rentell
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by rentell »

Terrible news welcool, I feel for you and your dolls.

In some ways it could be looked as a good thing because the back would probably break sooner or later anyway.

At least when you have repaired them you will know there going to be OK for the future.

So theres an up side to the accident and make sure you use a strong enough fixing in the ceiling now !

I have an arc welder you can borrow if you like, there quite handy when you own a realdoll.
Good luck with the repairs and don't be shy asking for help as lots of us now have considerable experience with repairs.

Slim
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Slim »

welcool wrote:Welcool + Andie in pain + Summer in pain
But shouldn’t that be: Welcool in pain + Andie in pain + Summer in pain? Oh boy! Isn’t that your worst nightmare? 8O I wish you had only dreamed it. That it was nothing more than a bad dream. I feel so sorry for you and your dolls. :( But good luck with your repairs.

Regards,
Slim

Keithallen
Ex-Member

Post by Keithallen »

8O Oh shit! I am so sorry to hear about BOTH your dolls getting damaged, Welcool :cry:

Nicky and I can understand your dolls not wanting to photographed with such damage. :oops: With all the doll repair tips here, hopefully you'll get your girls repaired soon.

mytime
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by mytime »

Hi Welcool,

I'am very sorry to hear this bad news.
Must look awfull that dolls on the floor.
Its true one who wants to hang the doll needs heavy rugged stuff (its a big weight).
Hope you succeed in the repairs.

Mytime & Helen
One dream, one mission...

Mannequin

Post by Mannequin »

walking back in and seeing them must have been your worst nightmare. I am waiting on my first doll... and doing a lift system...

Just to show that something good comes from all things, I will be double checking strength and positioning of hooks for SOLID support.

I am very sorry to read about this accident.
Mannequin

INFORMATIONS