Starpery.com

I'm trying to understand

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
lesmess

I'm trying to understand

Post by lesmess »

:?: :( At what point does a doll owner consider "disposing" of a doll?
http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=16625 As one intrested in getting into the doll hobby, how long can one expect a RD to last, and what kind of repairs are "routine" and what are the big less common ones. It appears the hip is/was one, and poke throughs are very common.<br>What happens to "disposed" of dolls? Do they find a new home, or are they simply thrown in the trash? :cry: <br>I've noticed many are reluctant to give up even dolls that they say are "trashed", which I can definatly understand, it would seem very rude to just throw something that was a companion and a cherished companion/possesion for a number of years.<br>Knowing that I am very sentimental, a packrat, and become very defensive aboout anyone/anything I become attached to, I just have to knnow would I be setting myself up for just another heartbreak, or even after a doll is "brokendown" can it still be loved and loveable even if not sexually?<br> :( It's just sad to me. :cry:
<div>Love can be felt toward anyone or anydoll we feel it to,
Regardless of if the feeling is returned.
What others may consider foolishness and insanity,
Another may consider a sane lifeline to hope.</div>

timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by timetraveler1 »

well me and some others have mentioned depending aon what type of dolls they are that we can parts to create other dolls in our doll projects so that dolls aren't just thrown in the trash . the offer is still open from me depending on what kind of doll it is of course i would pay shipping on the parts . :D

timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

dolls parts , don't just throw that doll away !!

Post by timetraveler1 »

i wrote that in a hurry(sorry) i ment what parts we can use we will, so dolls arent just thrown away and we offer to pay the shipping i do, i know . so if anyone has a doll they are just throwing away you can contact me by iming me i use dolls parts for other projects :D i guess i should extend this offer to doll makers too !! :D

starion
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by starion »

I don't believe in doll disposal and I can tell you now that there is no such thing as a doll that is TOO TRASHED to fix. It all depends on the amount of effort,work and of course money you want to throw at it. Having the know how to repair even the most damaged doll yourself does make a difference so I read and read and experiment with stuff all the time in order to make sure I have the know how to handle the problems myself. I am currently in the process of building a doll workshop in my barn converted into a shop. It is a auto garage,stained glass shop,electronics shop,and now a silicone and latex doll shop if I have my way all in one. Also there is a carpentry room. It is a huge building and completely updated unlike most old huge barns. Every aspect of what I named has its own nook and rooms in the building. Anyway, off subject but repairs can be fun. I have found I really enjoy working on them and beautifying badly damaged dolls and I haven't messed up anything so bad I couldn't fix what I fucked up.
<------------- Callie Starr formerly Sundown Starshine ----my first RealDoll-----

zazakell
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by zazakell »

As I'm not a young man. I expect my Dolls will outlive me. I will leave instructions to my Lawyers to sell my Dolls to members of the Doll forum and the money be donated to the Doll Forum as my way of saying thanks to all the Admins and Mods that dedicate so much time for all our amusement and camaraderie.
Honi soit qui mal y pense. (Shame on those who think evil of dolls)

Keithallen
Ex-Member

Post by Keithallen »

lesmess,
As Starion said, there is very little that can happen to a doll that you can't fix. The question is whether or not you want to do the repairs.
Abigail was in terrible shape when she came here. She is a 3 year old 1PC. Her boobs and butt were litterally flat, many small tears here & there, and her right leg was hanging on only by her inner thigh skin. Some might say she was 'trash'
With a little TLC, help from others here, and patience, I made Abby whole again. In fact her breasts are so soft, that I did a comparison with the wife's, and Abby does has a very 'natural' feel to her now 8)
As far as throwing a doll away, I don't think I could do that.

lesmess

Post by lesmess »

Glad to hear that sofar noone is calling damaged dolls simple trash, "organ donors" maybe, but not sending them to the dump.
<div>Love can be felt toward anyone or anydoll we feel it to,
Regardless of if the feeling is returned.
What others may consider foolishness and insanity,
Another may consider a sane lifeline to hope.</div>

Campdaan
Ex-Member

Post by Campdaan »

keithallen wrote: There is very little that can happen to a doll that you can't fix...As far as throwing a doll away, I don't think I could do that.
I had to dispose of the remains of Stephi...Not a pleasant task.

technoguy
Ex-Member

Post by technoguy »

Hmmm...how to "dispose" of an unusable doll?

I think I tend to agree with the various views here. Once you establish an emotion bond with your doll, you will not be able to simply chuck her in the nearest dumpster and drive off.

I would either sell the doll to a guy like Slade, or someone on this site, or, most likely, keep her around for company or to passively participate in "play" if and when I got a more serviceable replacement doll.

Of course, you could have some sort of funeral for your doll and actually have her buried on your property somewhere. No need for a coffin (unless you are rich or something). Just wrap her in a large sheet, dig the hole, place her in it, and cover it up. Have a "religious" friend? Have him or her say a few "words" over the "deceased" doll. That will help with "closure" on the issue. Just imagine the excitement and consternation that will be created maybe a thousand years from now when someone digs and discovers the doll!

There is something about dismembering a doll that turns me off. Yes, I know a lot of members here do this to cannibilize the doll for parts for other dolls, but this is not my cup of tea. I would want my doll to stay intact as much as possible.

If (or should I say WHEN) I die, I would give instructions to my heirs to send the doll to Slade and then donate any money he paid for it to this site to support its maintenance.

For most people, the problem is not how to get rid of a doll, but, rather, how to obtain on in the first place! Hopefully, we will see those prices coming down in the near future....

technoguy

Keithallen
Ex-Member

Post by Keithallen »

Campdaan wrote
I bet it wasn't :cry:

I probably would have buried her remains in the back yard.

Dollinlove
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Dollinlove »

i think a doll can last for ever, if you are enough careful. I also noticed that some keep the head and sell body, why not a more sophicated body, but head is where the doll soul is :D

Elle
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Elle »

Dollinlove wrote:i think a doll can last for ever, if you are enough careful. I also noticed that some keep the head and sell body, why not a more sophicated body, but head is where the doll soul is :D
The same, ditto, tout pareil :wink:

When i will die or before, i don't want that someone knows, sees or uses my doll so i never will dispose of her, i will do the necessary so that she will be secretly preserved, protected :D

Elle, immortal doll
__________________ ALL DOLLS ARE WELCOME... SUBMIT YOUR DOLL TO THE MATRIX __________________ My Website
ImageImage

CJD
Ex-Member

Post by CJD »

i think a doll can last for ever, if you are enough careful.
I am SOOOOOOOO counting on this!! Like most of you, I couldnt do it either. I am very handy mechanically and artisticaly, but I still dread the day I have to do a major repair, but theres NO WAY I could "dispose" of her.

Campdaan
Ex-Member

Post by Campdaan »

keithallen wrote:Campdaan wrote
I bet it wasn't ...I probably would have buried her remains in the back yard.
Unfortunatly at the time the ground was still frozen and the fire investigators et al were hovering around. I still have a chunk of her and of course all the pictures and memories. And her skeleton.

Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by 5000 »

I think you consider equity v.s. what you are willing to pay to own a doll for a year + what you save for your next doll if you are going to make another purchase. Then you pray that you do not destroy doll before you trade in "sell your used doll" and buy a new doll.

So you never really dispose of your doll.

INFORMATIONS