betterlovedoll.com

Image hosting sites and what you need to consider

Official announcements regarding "The Doll Forum" and "CoverDoll" from site management.
Also post your own announcements.
siliconefun
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Image hosting sites and what you need to consider

Post by siliconefun »

Hi dear members,

I recently started a Photobucket Plus subscription plan to upload a bunch of pics from the European Meet 2019.
Everything looked fine and the pics were uploaded and linked in a breeze. Seems all perfect so far 8)
And than....BUUUMM!

Today I've noticed that several pics have been censored by Photobucket.
What happened?
There were some pics showing content which doesn't conform to the Terms of Use which, of course, I didn't read.

These Terms of Use are usually from the same writing on most image hosting sites, Facebook, YouTube, and many other sites.

I think this is a good reason to consider before doing an upload task and also a good one for choosing The Doll Album or other onsite upload solutions by respecting the Rules Of Conduct & Terms Of Use.

Cheers,

- SF -

koaltrane

Re: Image hosting sites and what you need to consider

Post by koaltrane »

Recent thread on the same topic...

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=120815

Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Slew »

koaltrane wrote:Recent thread on the same topic...
Similar topic in that it's about hosting photos, but this one encourages using the Doll Album, which allows doll erotica(and happens to prohibit human genitalia).
That other one you linked is specifically asking about external hosting for adult photos showing human genitalia.

katiesBoyfriend
Doll Elder
Doll Elder
Location: Western spiral arm of the Milky Way galaxy, out near the outskirts of the Laniakea supercluster

Post by katiesBoyfriend »

siliconefun wrote:Hi dear members,

I recently started a Photobucket Plus subscription plan to upload a bunch of pics from the European Meet 2019.
Everything looked fine and the pics were uploaded and linked in a breeze. Seems all perfect so far 8)
And than....BUUUMM!

Today I've noticed that several pics have been censored by Photobucket.
What happened?
There were some pics showing content which doesn't conform to the Terms of Use which, of course, I didn't read.

These Terms of Use are usually from the same writing on most image hosting sites, Facebook, YouTube, and many other sites.

I think this is a good reason to consider before doing an upload task and also a good one for choosing The Doll Album or other onsite upload solutions by respecting the Rules Of Conduct & Terms Of Use.

Cheers,

- SF -
Tumblr got a lot of people mad late last year when it started doing the same thing. Pictures that were regarded as "naughty" were completely hidden from public view. Many people either closed down their sites completely or moved them over to other web hosting services.

Apparently, somebody in some remote corner of the world saw something on a Tumblr site that they regarded as offensive and raised a stink about it. Rather than defending things like free speech and the concept that there's such a thing as an off switch or simply closing a browser window and clearing the cache, Tumblr simply gave in. I guess the company didn't want to lose its share of the market in that region or some such thing.
"A man has to be what he is, Joey. Can't break the mould. I tried it and it didn't work for me." Alan Ladd, Shane
"The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity." Harlan Ellison
"Dad says that anyone who can't use a slide rule is a cultural illiterate and should not be allowed to vote. Mine is a beauty--a K&E 20-inch Log-log Duplex Decitrig." Robert Heinlein

koaltrane

Post by koaltrane »

Slew wrote:
koaltrane wrote:Recent thread on the same topic...
Similar topic in that it's about hosting photos, but this one encourages using the Doll Album, which allows doll erotica(and happens to prohibit human genitalia).
That other one you linked is specifically asking about external hosting for adult photos showing human genitalia.
Since the OP mentioned Photobucket, an external photo hosting site, I thought it was fair to include an alternative.

Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Slew »

@koaltrane - Yes, absolutely. I was only pointing out that the topics are not identical. :)

Rock13
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Rock13 »

I tried to set up a doll album and I couldn't get my photos to upload. Admittedly, I'm not the most savvy person around when it comes to stuff like that. However, I checked out ImgBB and posted some full doll nudity including her intimate details. Haven't had any censorship... yet.
Hadleigh is a fair-skinned WM163C/#188, Harper (#124) is a medium toned WM164D, Kendall is a fair-skinned 163C/#398. All via RLSD.

Link to Hadleigh's photo thread

Link to Harper's photo thread

Link to Kendall's photo thread

Link to the H2K Ranch

INFORMATIONS