www.ordoll.com

Wrist and forearm rotation - quality issue

ORDOLL have been a manufacturer since 2005. Our factory covers over 20000 square meters with professional sculptors and designers, 20 technicians and 230 employees. We specialized in developing, designing, producing and selling fibreglass mannequins for display clothes and cyberskin mannequin for display under wear and breasts. We recently ventured into love dolls. Our first model is OR156 which is 156cm (inclusive of head) with the first Sara head. Designers are working hard to introduce more heads in the coming months. Website: www.ordoll.com
JustinBridou
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Wrist and forearm rotation - quality issue

Post by JustinBridou »

Hello to all ORdoll owners,

I noticed that on my recent OR 138, some movements/positions of the hands were impossible. I wonder if it is a technical limitation, voluntary, or if it is, more probably, a construction fault.
Are you numerous to meet this kind of problem (and not only on the OR138, but on all OR dolls in general)?
Hands can rock, but it's impossible to rotate them.

The arm rotation works, but not the wrist/forearm rotation.
I read in another OR thread, that the rotation was normally possible and that one could turn one's hand.
As someone wrote:
carver wrote:The wrist rotation is made possible by a tube within the forearm tube. The inner tube is connected to the hand(palm plate). The clearance between the two tubes is obviously very variable or subject to different tolerances as I had one wrist that moved easily and the other always put up resistance.
I tried on mine, but nothing to do. Whatever force is applied, the forearms stubbornly refuse to turn.

I also noticed that the right arm of my doll was much more difficult to move than the left. Initially, I even thought that the joint was stuck. I think there are serious quality issues with skeleton manufacturing. I feel that the bolts were too tight in some places. We can be pretty sure that the guys who build skeletons, ignore the use of the torque wrench. :evil:
ImageJustinBridou & familyImage
Iris & Mitsu - OR138, Nolwenn, Liz, Canelle & Cléo - Deluxe/Teddy babes, Vanille - Valentina Girl,Evelyne - Textile doll, The army of minis - because size don't care!

INFORMATIONS