We turn dreams into reality!
Aralor
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: MannequinFan items for sale

Post by Aralor »

WOW! Just found this on Etsy....

https://www.etsy.com/shop/Nixcreations? ... ge=1#items

HUGE collection of glass eye cabochons (over 300 designs) that could be used with the Easy Move Eyes!
Available in both 13mm and 14mm! :D :D :D
Many Blythe doll eye chips that look pretty nice. Also all kinds of animal eyes (cat, lizard, fish, owls, etc.) Would just need a 4mm flat washer glued to back...
I ordered 8 pairs of irises (13 mm) from NixCreations to see if they can be used with MF eyes. There were a lot of designs to choose from, but the main aspect of NixCreations is in animal and fantasy eyes. I took some of those that can be used for human eyes.

I had to wait 3 weeks until my order was ready to ship. 10 days later the irises arrived:
SDC11117b.jpg
SDC11117b.jpg (74.91 KiB) Viewed 10402 times
After the washers were glued to the back of the irises, they could be used for MF eyes:
SDC11120b.jpg
SDC11120b.jpg (117.92 KiB) Viewed 10402 times
SDC11124b.jpg
SDC11124b.jpg (99.33 KiB) Viewed 10402 times
SDC11123b.jpg
SDC11123b.jpg (54.82 KiB) Viewed 10402 times
They fit just like the original irises from MF.
Here are some pictures showing how they will look like with the doll:
SDC11170b.jpg
SDC11170b.jpg (135.66 KiB) Viewed 10402 times
SDC11171b.jpg
SDC11171b.jpg (135.96 KiB) Viewed 10402 times
SDC11173b.jpg
SDC11173b.jpg (117.81 KiB) Viewed 10402 times
SDC11189b.jpg
SDC11189b.jpg (115.89 KiB) Viewed 10402 times
SDC11190b.jpg
SDC11190b.jpg (110.76 KiB) Viewed 10402 times
SDC11191b.jpg
SDC11191b.jpg (105.15 KiB) Viewed 10402 times
SDC11192b.jpg
SDC11192b.jpg (107.97 KiB) Viewed 10402 times
SDC11193b.jpg
SDC11193b.jpg (116.22 KiB) Viewed 10402 times

dbenzguy
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by dbenzguy »

Aralor wrote:
WOW! Just found this on Etsy....

https://www.etsy.com/shop/Nixcreations? ... ge=1#items

HUGE collection of glass eye cabochons (over 300 designs) that could be used with the Easy Move Eyes!
Available in both 13mm and 14mm! :D :D :D
Many Blythe doll eye chips that look pretty nice. Also all kinds of animal eyes (cat, lizard, fish, owls, etc.) Would just need a 4mm flat washer glued to back...
I ordered 8 pairs of irises (13 mm) from NixCreations to see if they can be used with MF eyes. There were a lot of designs to choose from, but the main aspect of NixCreations is in animal and fantasy eyes. I took some of those that can be used for human eyes.

I had to wait 3 weeks until my order was ready to ship. 10 days later the irises arrived:

After the washers were glued to the back of the irises, they could be used for MF eyes:

They fit just like the original irises from MF.
Here are some pictures showing how they will look like with the doll:
Thanks a bunch for the info!

Love the MF eyes but it's nice to have some additional non-human looking eyes to pick from as well.

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Hey Aralor thanks so much for your post and photos!
Those all look very nice with your doll.
Would you be able to give links to the ones you purchased?

I just received mine the other day. Being in the U.S. of course I got mine much faster, just 3 days from purchase.
These are the ones I purchased...
https://www.etsy.com/listing/238444450
https://www.etsy.com/listing/238349711

These are indeed well made. He uses some kind of sealer on the back to cover the paper print.
Nice hi res images. I may contact him at some point to see if he will do the MF catalog if I send him the images. He says he does custom work.
Attachments
IMG_4870.JPG
IMG_4870.JPG (996.59 KiB) Viewed 10378 times

Aralor
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Aralor »

Hi MannequinFan,

good to see that your order has been shipped so quickly.
Seems that Matthew Nix has his irises on stock now. I emailed him after 3 weeks to ask if I might have been forgotten.
He said he had too many orders at the moment, but had just finished my order and will ship it the next day.

I purchased:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/747801965
https://www.etsy.com/listing/559346560
https://www.etsy.com/listing/695143827
https://www.etsy.com/listing/691696850
https://www.etsy.com/listing/238459126
https://www.etsy.com/listing/238343771
https://www.etsy.com/listing/238349711
https://www.etsy.com/listing/238355347

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Hey Aralor thanks very much for posting the links! That should be very helpful for others looking for some good Nix colors. :thumbs_up: :)

OK folks, for those that have been wanting just eyelids I have decided to go with Sculpteo instead of i.materialise.
They offer more (and better) material options, fairly quick turnaround and reasonable shipping cost for U.S. customers.
They have just now implemented a minimum order charge of $15, but it's still much more reasonable than the $35 minimum with i.materialise.

By far the nicest material I've found yet for the eyelids is the Multi Jet Fusion with the black color resist finish.
It has a nice texture for holding makeup and there is no need to color the lash mount.
BTW, Jeff strongly suggested that I keep the original design with flared lash mount available for those that prefer to use them for both upper lashes and as eyeliner for the lowers.
Here are some hi-res images for each style...
New Style 2 (V6)
New Style 2 (V6)
IMG_4845.JPG (487.44 KiB) Viewed 10271 times
New Style 2 (V6)
New Style 2 (V6)
IMG_4842.JPG (477.4 KiB) Viewed 10271 times
Orignal Style 1 (V5)
Orignal Style 1 (V5)
IMG_4844.JPG (497.83 KiB) Viewed 10271 times
Orignal Style 1 (V5)
Orignal Style 1 (V5)
IMG_4843.JPG (471.79 KiB) Viewed 10271 times
For those that want to experiment with dyeing, the white SLS material can be dyed to a nice natural skin tone with Chocolate Brown Rit Dyemore.
This material has the smoothest finish (0.06mm layers).
New Style 2 - White 60 micron
New Style 2 - White 60 micron
IMG_4794.JPG (1.44 MiB) Viewed 10271 times
I want to say thanks so much to everyone for their patronage and kind support - over 275 orders delivered since we started this sale thread! :D
And a very very special thanks to Jeff with BCD without whom this wouldn't have been possible.

Have a great holiday everyone! :glou: :glou: :glou:
Last edited by Broven on Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated ordering info at MannequinFan's request.

ChikkinNoodul
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by ChikkinNoodul »

What payment options are there for the eyelids via Sculpteo?
Acomocliticism - interesting word indeed.
http://acomoclitic.blogspot.com/

My Album:
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/index.php?cat=10384

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

ChikkinNoodul wrote:What payment options are there for the eyelids via Sculpteo?
Hi CN,
They take PayPal, Stripe and the major credit cards.
https://www.sculpteo.com/en/pricing/price-and-delivery/

One thing I forgot to mention in my post above is that you can order these any time.
You don't need to wait for the monthly EME sales. :D

leni_adopted_2019

Post by leni_adopted_2019 »

Hi MannequinFan,

I ordered eyelids in black and white via Sculpteo Europe. Delivery was really smooth, with a good delivery service (TNT, not one of the unreliable ones). Delivery was about three to four weeks, with tracking information supplied.

Ordering was a bit unusual, but worked out really well, once I found out that I had to download the PDF first (I was using an iMac for ordering). Clicking into the PDF directly did not work, but that is up to my security settings.

Quality is excellent. The black ones look great with a "Smokey Eyes" make up. I will post some pictures once I have made my Leni ready for the New Years Eve party.

The white ones will dye really well. I was using Rit DyMore chocolate brown. It matches the WM Dolls "Tan" color almost perfectly. Be aware that the dye will only work on the surface. So be careful not scratching the eyelids after the dying process - or re-do the dying. Works really well.

Great work, MannequinFan.

Cheers,
Mark

P.S.: Leni is also very happy with her MovableEyes
"Things, that try to look like things, often look more like things than things."
--- Terry Pratchett (Wyrd Sisters) ---

DG
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by DG »

I got Larry’s installed today! They look so natural and are definitely more easy to move around. I will show a pic of before with the Jinsan eyes and after with the MannequinFan eyes. I can’t wait to get Samantha’s installed and I will show pics of hers as well!
Before with the Jinsan #17 (I think) eyes:
IMG_1728.JPG
After with MF02, MF18, MF12 and MF03A:
IMG_1730.JPG
IMG_1732.JPG
IMG_1735.JPG
IMG_1736.JPG
My favorites on Larry are the MF18 and the MF02.
I love and have loved many dolls.
Former Dolls:
Samantha - SY 165cm Elf
Charles - IronTech male
Clint - IronTech male
Marcellus - Male Real Doll - Body A
Orion - Male Real Doll - Body A
Lance - WM Male #207 head
Larry - WM Male #207 head
Colt - Gabriel M1 Sinthetics Male
Dolls in Storage:
Laurence (aka Doc, Dorian, Beau) - Homemade fabric male doll
Trevor - Homemade Fabric male doll
Tristan - Homemade Fabric/Silicone hybrid male doll
Landon - WM Male #207 Head

Current Dolls
Lawrence - Homemade Fabric/Silicone hybrid male doll

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Docsgirl82 wrote:I got Larry’s installed today! They look so natural and are definitely more easy to move around.
Hey DG, thanks so much for the photos!
I'm very glad you like the eyes. I think Larry looks nice with all the colors. :)
I'll be looking forward to seeing Samantha!
leni_adopted_2019 wrote:Ordering was a bit unusual, but worked out really well, once I found out that I had to download the PDF first (I was using an iMac for ordering). Clicking into the PDF directly did not work, but that is up to my security settings.
Hey Leni thanks for your review. It's good to hear you are pleased with the eyes and eyelids.
Yes unfortunately the ordering for the eyelids is a bit cumbersome as there is no store or order tracking with Sculpteo. So I had to invent some way of doing that.

I just came up with another idea that I think might be better. Also I just realized that Sculpteo made some changes and now they have a $15 minimum order for everything, not just the black MJF, so I'll need to have the mods revise my previous post.

On this version of the PDF I've done away with the mailto links and just used direct links to Sculpteo.
You just need to put mf.creations.shop@gmail.com as the CC billing email on the address page of the shopping cart. That way I'll get copied on the order.
I've also added the ordering instructions to the PDF so now it's 4 pages.
I'd like to know if this is working any better for everyone. Just take it for a spin (you don't need to actually order).
Sculpteo re-order.jpg
Sculpteo re-order.jpg (566.67 KiB) Viewed 10129 times
Links should also work now with the Google drive viewer...
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Ze30O ... -COIx_Hr69
The attachment EM Eyelid catalog2.jpg is no longer available
ETA:
BTW, one of the nicest things about Sculpteo is their website interface.
When you add items to a shopping cart it creates a little object library in your account so you can order without going back to the PDF.
Click the Browse my 3d models tab and you will find thumbnails of all your items.
Just click on the thumbnail to open and then click the blue button to add to cart...
The attachment Sculpteo re-order.jpg is no longer available

Nord
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Nord »

Where can I find just the glass pieces for eyes? I'm very interested in making my own unique irises for my dolls, so I'd love to get me a bunch of those to play around with. I know there were a tutorial with links posted somewhere like a year ago, but I haven't managed to find it again.

Btw, about black eyelids. The first thing I did with my set was to paint them all black, but the problem I discovered with this is that the TPE eyelids on my doll are so thin that the intense black color underneath is seen through them. It made the TPE look like it was stained. I'm sure it's fine if the doll have matching or thick eyeshadow covering the area, but for people who prefer less or "nude" makeup it's probably a better idea to go for more skin-colored eyelids, and just paint the tip black to match up with eyeliner if needed.
Aio - Sanhui 160cm AIO "Nonoka"
Rei - WM 140cm D-cup #39 & #53
Nymph - DH168 80cm "Shiori"
Ku - DS Ex Lite 163cm "Kayla"
Elva & Alva - 6Ye 65cm #M5 "Mina"

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Nord wrote:Where can I find just the glass pieces for eyes? I'm very interested in making my own unique irises for my dolls, so I'd love to get me a bunch of those to play around with. I know there were a tutorial with links posted somewhere like a year ago, but I haven't managed to find it again.
Hi Nord,

I get the 13mm glass cabochons here...
https://www.diypartnervip.com/h-product ... _id=404367

You can also get them on Etsy here...
https://www.etsy.com/listing/726117292/ ... 13mm-round

Regarding the black eyelids, I recommend using a 24hr creme makeup such as Revlon Colorstay to color the lid, and just leave the lash mount black. You could also paint them to match your doll's skin with acrylic paint. For anyone buying a new doll I highly recommend getting some small TPE samples along with it if possible. Most paint shops can scan a sample and match the color pretty closely.

As Leni mentioned above, the white eyelids from Sculpteo can also be dyed to pretty closely match a tan TPE. Here's some dyed lids with Jinsan medium and tan TPE...
Attachments
IMG_4867.JPG
IMG_4867.JPG (397.87 KiB) Viewed 10135 times

DG
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by DG »

As promised, I got Samantha's MannequinFan Easy Eyes installed today and with her, I used the eyelids as well. I think that the iEnvy by Kiss eyelash glue that I bought at the beauty supply store is poor quality, even though I spent like $5 bucks on it. I bought new eyelashes at TJ Maxx yesterday and I adhered them to the MF eyelids and they STILL want to come off. Oh well. I guess practice makes better, LOL! Also, with Larry, I had to take out the smallest screws that were already installed and replace them with the next size up. With Samantha, I had to leave the original screws in and it is still a bit tight, especially with the new eyelids. I'm sure over time, we will both adjust. All good and I am very pleased with how Larry and Samantha look with their new eyes! Ok, so just like I did with Larry, I had Samantha model off all four colors. The first two are hers and the last two are Larry's. She was wearing Larry's brown Jinsan Factory eyes and I will also do before and after pictures.
Before: Jinsan Brown Eyes:
IMG_1348.JPG
After: MF03A
IMG_1740.JPG
MF12
IMG_1741.JPG
MF18
IMG_1744.JPG
MF02
IMG_1746.JPG
I love and have loved many dolls.
Former Dolls:
Samantha - SY 165cm Elf
Charles - IronTech male
Clint - IronTech male
Marcellus - Male Real Doll - Body A
Orion - Male Real Doll - Body A
Lance - WM Male #207 head
Larry - WM Male #207 head
Colt - Gabriel M1 Sinthetics Male
Dolls in Storage:
Laurence (aka Doc, Dorian, Beau) - Homemade fabric male doll
Trevor - Homemade Fabric male doll
Tristan - Homemade Fabric/Silicone hybrid male doll
Landon - WM Male #207 Head

Current Dolls
Lawrence - Homemade Fabric/Silicone hybrid male doll

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Docsgirl82 wrote:I think that the iEnvy by Kiss eyelash glue that I bought at the beauty supply store is poor quality, even though I spent like $5 bucks on it. I bought new eyelashes at TJ Maxx yesterday and I adhered them to the MF eyelids and they STILL want to come off.
Hey DG, thanks for sharing the photos. Sorry to hear you are having trouble with the lashes.

First, looking at the photos it looks like you may have the lashes glued to the top of lash mount?
With the new V6 eyelids the lashes need to be glued into the groove instead of on top like the older version. I think you'll find they look much better that way.
I'm sorry, I realize it's confusing. I really need to make some new videos.

Also, you'll need to use super glue for the V6 lids. What I use is the Loctite Ultra Gel Control...
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Loctite-4g-U ... e/20470697
The adhesive they sell for lashes only provides enough hold for human use. It isn't nearly strong enough to keep them from getting pulled off when taking the lids in and out and adjusting them.

What I do is glue just the outside corner on first and let that set a few minutes. That way I can make sure it's started correctly before gluing the whole thing on. Just fill the groove with glue about 1/4" or so.
Then you can fill the rest of the groove with super glue and glue it down the rest of the way without it shifting or moving.
The lashes I'm using here are the Kiss Looks So Natural "Flirty"...
Align lash with outside corner and glue about 1/4".  Let set a few minutes.
Align lash with outside corner and glue about 1/4". Let set a few minutes.
IMG_4871.JPG (324.78 KiB) Viewed 10090 times
Glue rest of the way.
Glue rest of the way.
IMG_4872.JPG (315.58 KiB) Viewed 10090 times
Allow glue to fully cure overnight before installing eyelids.
Allow glue to fully cure overnight before installing eyelids.
IMG_4873.JPG (383.33 KiB) Viewed 10090 times
Regarding the tightness with Samantha, one thing you could try is remove the pedestal base and just affix a few washers to the back of the pedestal domes. You could use some blue tack to stick them on temporarily.

chengsta
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by chengsta »

wow, where do I buy this stuff? I definitely want the eyes and head stands.

INFORMATIONS