betterlovedoll.com

Photo Flooding

For Doll related Photography, Graphics, and Web Design.

Moderator: Swan

Star88
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Photo Flooding

Post by Star88 »

I first noticed this happening a couple of years ago, I brought it up with some admins but they felt it would be difficult to police. But now I'm noticing it happen more and more. At the Doll Album, and even over at the Harem Gallery.
Members posting dozens and dozens of near identical photos, sometimes 3 or 4 OR MORE pages worth of virtually the same photo.
I don't know if its their attempt to try to be the only doll viewed, or if they might simply not understand how to curate a reasonable sample of their best work to share with others.
Either way, I'm finding it frustrating to try to view the photos when you first have to scroll through all of that before seeing something new.
Is it just me or do other members notice this happening?
As the admin suggested, it might be tough to police, but perhaps if there were some consensus on acceptable posting it could be an amendment to the rules?

PDutus
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Re: Photo Flooding

Post by PDutus »

This sounds sensible. I try not to post more than half a dozen at a time and try to vary them as much as possible. I think a maximum of 6 per posting - not per contribution to a thread; you can go back later and add some more, but not too many at a time.

What do you think?
My girls:
Sophie - JY 175 (JY Head #167)
Valentina - JY 175 (JY Head #101)
Kiania - Sino 161 (Heads S6 & S7)
Rashona - WM 172B (WM Head #64)
Helga - JY 166 (JY head #101)
Patsy - JY 166 (JY Head #102)
Ingrid - JY 166 (SM Head #76)
Monique - JY 165SR (JY Head #134)

psion satori
Former Member

Post by psion satori »

Can't say it's something I've noticed Star88.

What does piss me off however, is the plethora of new vendors over the past couple of years that constantly spam the boards every frickin' day and push members posts of the front page. This place used to feel like a genuine community, but sadly now, it's more like an advertising portal.

That's one of the reasons I don't contribute as much here as I used too. The UK forum, fortunately. hasn't suffered the same fate, but then again, it's not run as a business and doesn't charge vendors to be 'verified. Go figure :thumbs_up:

Psion

notaflyingtoy
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by notaflyingtoy »

I was given good feedback recently that one of my photo sets had a lot of similar photos in it. In my case, it's just that I had a hard time culling them down because there were aspects of each photo that I just didn't want to give up. Of course to someone who wasn't poring over them as thoroughly as me, it just looks like I'm posting the same photo over and over. :) Since then I'm trying to post only obviously unique photos in a post, and saving the near-duplicates for the Doll Album or my own private collection.

So I guess it's probably not intentional in every case. I was happy to take the advice to heart once I got it.

GOTE

Post by GOTE »

psion satori wrote:Can't say it's something I've noticed Star88.

What does piss me off however, is the plethora of new vendors over the past couple of years that constantly spam the boards every frickin' day and push members posts of the front page. This place used to feel like a genuine community, but sadly now, it's more like an advertising portal.

That's one of the reasons I don't contribute as much here as I used too. The UK forum, fortunately. hasn't suffered the same fate, but then again, it's not run as a business and doesn't charge vendors to be 'verified. Go figure :thumbs_up:

Psion
Yeah, some vendors get on my nerves here too.
And the members who post hundreds of pictures from other forums.
And not even owning a doll, but dreaming of the very expensive ones they can never afford.
"You're born, you live and you die.
There are no do-overs, no second chances to make things right if you frak 'em up the first time.
Not in this life, anyway.

Like I said, you make your choices and you live with them. And in the end you are those choices.''

justintime
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by justintime »

When taking photos, I take like 10 or more photos at different angles. All the same pose.
So yes as someone that loves taking photos and loves their dolls, it's hard not to post them all.
But if you are really honest with yourself, 1 image of each pose, and try to limit yourself.

It's like nope...., I want everyone to see how beautiful she is...LOL guilty as charged....

This is all about having fun, not to be taken serious at all.
Best wishes
“Put … the Doll … down … and slowly back away.”
Shelby My Piece Of Heaven
Shelby Model Information

plukk
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by plukk »

First people should take GOOD photos, that would inspire them to keep the numbers down. Im not gonna link to samples but when a doll has a sweater just forced down over her head in a bunch of wrinkles and it is in twists over the shoulders and the twisted fabric continues down the arm its easy to see that no effort was made. One GOT TO take some time to look at the photos and identify the problems, and then retake in a better way, just a little higher quality will significantly reduce the amount. More preparations and less photos, dont be like grandparents on facebook with annoyingly many photos of grandchildren.

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

I fully agree with JIT. When I do a serious shoot, it's often 100+ images, I select 10+ photos that are different, preferably different poses, but at least different angles. Selecting these images is often 'killing your babies', but try to think from the audience point of view, what is interesting for them to see. I guess that this is also a learning curve, and have to say I still find it difficult to cut my selections really down.

P.S. not everyone is here to present good or even (semi-)professional photos, some are here to share their images, just for fun. Hey, that's fine, that's also what TDF (and album and harem) is about. But still please, flooding with many almost same images is not a good idea.

GOTE

Post by GOTE »

Yeah, I totally agree with you Nescio50.
"You're born, you live and you die.
There are no do-overs, no second chances to make things right if you frak 'em up the first time.
Not in this life, anyway.

Like I said, you make your choices and you live with them. And in the end you are those choices.''

carlys_guy
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by carlys_guy »

i don't use the album much it is way to hard to use and too hard to get the pics out and into a post unlike the easy to use albums over on UKLDF.

carlys_guy

psion satori
Former Member

Post by psion satori »

carlys_guy wrote:i don't use the album much it is way to hard to use and too hard to get the pics out and into a post unlike the easy to use albums over on UKLDF.

carlys_guy
Unfortunately, I Have to agree. This forum has become a victim of it's own success, and is now over run with vendor spam.

You might not like what I say, but you can't deny it's true.

Psion

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

carlys_guy wrote:i don't use the album much it is way to hard to use and too hard to get the pics out and into a post unlike the easy to use albums over on UKLDF.

carlys_guy
It's all perspective and experience, I never managed to figured out how to attach an image at UK forum so it shows otherwise than thumb. So I upload them on TDF or Album or CoverDoll, and link at UK Forum :haha4:

psion satori
Former Member

Post by psion satori »

It's pretty simple Nescio, just use imgbb.com and post the link. No coding skill involved at all

Psion

master8
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by master8 »

What does that mean, "near identical"? Identical I get, but near identical sounds subjective. I guess I do it, and the reason is cause I'm not good, and need practice. Also, lots of times I'm telling a story, a visual story. Which, yeah I can see people not getting it. I'm not a good story teller either. My stuff is usually just erotic in nature anyways, dolls stripping or already nude.

I think a great way to address this issue is to give constructive criticism. How else will the person know? I talk about not being good, but I want to get better. I know I do a lot of the same, I try to vary things up. Just trying to have fun anyways, but constructive criticism is always welcome!

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

master8 wrote:What does that mean, "near identical"? Identical I get, but near identical sounds subjective.
That's why we don't have a rule against it. Still some common sense may apply, see my post earlier in this thread.

INFORMATIONS