www.wmdolls.com

Questions: Fiberglass / Plastic

All forms of mannequins that were not originally sold as love dolls. Mannequins that have been modified for sex should also be included here.
LovesBlackWomen
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Re: Questions: Fiberglass / Plastic

Post by LovesBlackWomen »

re "Isn't fiberglass easily broken? Can you actually do anything sexual with a fiberglass mannequin?" by Humper

I've been having sex with mannequins for over thirty years, haven't broke one yet. Then again, I'm only 120 lbs. Since fiberglas is used for boats, I assume it has to be strong.

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

Regarding the skin coat. If you just spray a light coating on the face that would probably be OK. You can always do the body heavier.

Here's another idea for molding the breast. Maybe instead of using a silicone mold and mother mold.
I would make a mold of the existing breast and chest area using a resin coat then a fiberglass mesh coat. Use wax or heavy mold release! If the breast have too much undercut, it may have to be a upper and lower section 2-pc mold or go w/a silicone mold.
Once the mold has been made, break it loose from the MQ. I would then reattach it and drill 2, 1/8" indexing holes on each side to install cleco's or aluminum rivets to hold the mold into perfect position when you pour the foam. I would also strap it down too when you do the pour.

I would not think that the foam breast would have to have perfect texture since you will be spraying a skin coat over them. As long as there are no exterior cavaties. Most if not all doll makers use fiberglass molds. I've made simple molds out of straight bondo.
You might be able to just use plaster and plaster bandages instead of fiberglass. The weight of the plaster is a non issue since the body will be face down when you pour the foam.
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

The only thing to consider with a fiberglass mold is that you will need a release agent to cast the urethane foam. With silicone you don't need any release when casting urethanes. Also, I think the silicone mold would tend to seal itself against the MQ body better when it is strapped tightly.
Using some kind of indexing or registration method as you described is a good idea to maintain the perfect fit.

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

You can spray release on the fiberglass mold before install. Always the hassle of cleaning up the release agent though. The silicone mold probably would seal better.
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

mannequin man
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by mannequin man »

Humper, hi. I would have to agree with the others. 'glass I believe is the best way to go. yes, they can crack if dropped, etc., but they're made pretty damn strong. the plastic ones, (of witch I have 2), are great, but not easy to alter because Silicone will absolutely not stick. closed pore resin. I have a degree in Chem & I can tell you most of the plastic ones offered is of a extruded plastic with a vinyl type composite impregnated into the mix. tough stuff, but yeah, very 'slippery'
especially when cold.... 'damn baby, your freezing my ass off !' :lol:

Humper

Post by Humper »

LWhisperer wrote:Humper, I'm very sorry if I hijacked your thread, and would love for you to chime in and take it back to whatever direction you wish. If I'm going the wrong way, please say so, and I'll shut up and listen. But if you're as interested as I am....

A hundred to a hundred and fifty bucks to give a skinlike texture doesn't sound bad to me. I can't imagine it taking more than three quarts. Can you?
And the thought of an incredibly durable doll with the foam breast mod and the "skin" to make the two individual materials coalesce and still carry the original beauty is a win to me. I know it wouldn't be a jiggle, but squeezable would still kick ass.
In my feeble brain, a kind of marriage between the highly desirable detail of the MQ and a similar skin to a Candy8teen might make a whipass, durable love doll.
Thoughts??
No problem! The discussion is interesting! Plus, I never had much of shop imagination ... so this helps. :D

H.

Humper

Post by Humper »

Wow! Looks of good suggestions. I figured I might just buy a body stocking to put on the mannequin.

Also, I have bought many dolls over the years (both female and male), but have had the most fun altering and re-creating them (mostly the vinyl ones, which need all the help they can get!).

A mannequin might be the next step. Plus, if the relatives come to visit, I can always disassemble the poor thing and hide it in a box. Until someone finds the box ... "Who is that? Why are they in pieces? Oh my God!"

H.

mg4
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by mg4 »

Humper wrote:"Who is that? Why are they in pieces? Oh my God!"
Good One lol :D

I would go with a sitting mannequin. Easy to mod for play. Try to be careful with her the limbs can crack if your to rough.

Good luck with your quest. 8)
Check out my Gallery:

Taylr
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Taylr »

Fiberglas is the only way to go and if you want the feel of silicone breasts, you can buy a mannequin with smaller breasts, cut them off and then fiberglas the area over, smooth it so that the body lines flow smoothly up from the midriff and then use real silicone breasts with medical adhesive spray. A lady in Germany sells the spray and the breasts in her online shop for transvestites. I have used silicone breasts for my younger teens, who do not have a pronounced chest area, when I wanted to improve my display. I have not used the spray, yet, instead I use an appropriate bra size to hold the breasts in place. Depending on the display set up requirements, they can be an 'A,' 'B' or 'C' cup - or larger.
When one encounters a situation or circumstance the reason for which appears illusive it is best to ask one's self; cui bono? Who benefits?

Sanhui - 145cm C Sakura Head
Sanhui - 102cm
6YE Doll - 132cm #3 Hd
ASDoll - 160cm Male
WMDoll - 168cm A #160 Hd

Krule World

Post by Krule World »

LWhisperer wrote:Hmmmm....from reading the spec sheet, which I decided I'd better download, priming with the recommended primer, then tinting the coating, and spraying very light layers over the entire MQ, face and all, is the way to go. The tint added at 3% by weight and multiple spray coats could yield a good color. The cured coating is paintable as well, so facial makeup could be airbrushed on.
i did a tutorial on repainting a mannequin face, if it's of any interest (it's been there over a year and only got one reply). i used automotive paints and an airbrush on my fiberglass mannequin.
http://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtopi ... =7&t=46500

Candy8teen
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by Candy8teen »

Fiberglass is easy to fix and change things on. Plastic is a pain in the ass to change things. Fiberglass looks better but you are right plastic is harder to break. all depends on what you want to do. We change mannequins all the time to other people and props I say go with fiberglass if you are thinking about any mod's

This is a Miley Cyrus that was done when Itsme was in the c18 shop
http://candy8teen.com/miley-cyrus-nude-mannequin

Mike

Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Hi,

What lipstick, or substitute for lipstick (preferably not permanent) is best for fiberglass mq?
Not permanent so mistakes can be easily fixed.

Ditto for blush makeup?

Thanks

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Mongoose wrote:Hi,

What lipstick, or substitute for lipstick (preferably not permanent) is best for fiberglass mq?
Not permanent so mistakes can be easily fixed.

Ditto for blush makeup?

Thanks
That's a good question. Unfortunately, I have no idea. My Suzy's factory make-up, which I believe is acrylic paint, is still intact after more than 15 years!

INFORMATIONS