sexyrealsexdolls.com

3M 94 Primer – Application as a TPE Glue / Cold Weld

Mods, Repairs & Maintenance related specifically to not specifically listed TPE or TPR Dolls
Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: 3M 94 Primer – Application as a TPE Glue / Cold Weld

Post by Wheezer »

muesky6969 wrote:Okay, I need some advice. So I ordered the oil based paint markers so I can recolor Xiel's lips, cuz as Wheezer said in as PC manner as possible, he kind of looks like a guy that doesn't prefer the company of women.

So I am having trouble getting that gods awful color the factory put on him off. I tried 70% and 91% alcohol and neither works. I watch a video where they mentioned using acetone but I don't want to damage him. What do you all suggest? Have paint markers but want a clean slate to color his lips, so he looks more like the manly man I want him to be..

Please and thank you!
Well as anyone who has had to deal with repainting a kids room after they move out ... the common cure is Kilz, the ultimate primer!

Now while you can't use that wonderful stuff on his lips, use the same concept - a primer. Paint a lighter base color to tone down the lips. Then tone it to the point needed. For removal baby oils sometimes work well, or you might get more chemically aggressive (xlene, toluene, acetone, etc.). Those do pose a risk of potential damage, so be cautious and test on a hidden spot first. Preferably on a head part, it might be softer blend than the body.

Right now what I would suggest (hint hint) is to wait on the lips a bit and work on another part. A solution might present itself soon.

If you CAN'T WAIT and you can't get the base color off, then you might want to try the white paint marker on his lips as a start. The oil marker (might) stain the existing lips to tone it down. Or whatever of the color range is appropriate in this case. I remember a while back you posted that to change a base color to something different you might not use the color that seems the intuitive choice.

Cheers!
... W ...
Any comments, ideas or suggestions are given FREELY for your use and information. Before using, first check to ensure they are compatible with your doll or specific situation. If any tool, chemical or technique is mentioned, make sure to follow all directions and safety instructions of the product. Some tools or items can be dangerous, so be careful. Use all appropriate safety gear, don’t run with scissors and don’t eat the yellow snow. Always keep your mind open.

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

I kinda liked Xiel's face (and lips) the way they are, but then that's just me :)

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

Vaginal Repair – Follow-up and tuning
When we last saw the tan WM 140 she was suffering a bit of crotch rot and groin cracks and then the indignities of TPE paste jammed into her. The poor waif also suffered from a bad first trial tan line and a little blonde merkin. Below shows some of the damage and after the initial paste was inserted and oiled.
00_Crotch_BA_20200814.jpg
00_Crotch_BA_20200814.jpg (540 KiB) Viewed 1131 times
Now let’s check in to see how she survived her travails. Her tan lines are gone and she sports a new yellow furry bush. As in a fake fur homemade furry patch. I may have to adjust the color, but DAMN is it soft. Some might consider it a troll, but still … SOFT !! Also notice below that the legs are spread wide and the rot area is sealed and holding strong.
01_Cured_20200924_(1000).jpg
01_Cured_20200924_(1000).jpg (515.35 KiB) Viewed 1131 times
The close-up also shows areas to be addressed in the second pass. Such as some stress on the lower right by the anus, along with some midway up the left side. I strongly encourage you to take close up pictures while doing repairs and stop half way through to review them. You will notice things in a picture on the monitor that you might miss when up close and personal with the repair.

A small amount of additional TPE was added at the base of the vaginal opening. Since this is actual TPE, it gives, stretches and expands as you would expect. While the opening now appears somewhat smaller, it will expand to accept a reasonable sized insertion item (two liter soda bottle size items NOT accepted). During intimate interaction this addition has an interesting effect. First is a “pop goes the weasel” feeling as you enter. Second is that once inside, it tightens up to give a very unique sensation to the insertion device. If you are doing any vaginal reconstruction you might consider this upgrade. Live testing indicates that it does add some very pleasing sensations.

On the top right of the labia you can see a bit of a hole. Excess 3M 94 used for smoothing caused this, since the area was under a bit of stress. It was just allowed to cure and later filled with paste. You can see it in the image below.
02_Patch_01_20200924(1000).jpg
02_Patch_01_20200924(1000).jpg (519.11 KiB) Viewed 1131 times
A few tricks for repairs such as this.
  • These were follow-up repairs on an already cured stress repair area. Notice that these were only light stress crazings that were touched up with TPE paste. Do NOT open her wide like picture 02 above for final touch up; make sure she is a bit closed like the later pictures. Do not try to do deep stress crack repairs all in one step and be careful when applying pure 3M 94 to the TPE paste to smooth

With paste gravity is your friend. Start from the top with less than you think. Any that oozes downward will then fill areas to be repaired. Cleanup will be minimized and you reduce the chance of the paste flowing past your planned end point. A syringe and blunt needle is the perfect tool for small, targeted paste applications like this.

With pure 3M 94 as a smoother, reverse the above recommendations. Start from the bottom and brush up. Any of the excess thin liquid will be retained by your brush and not dribble down past your end point.

Syringes work both ways. For the labia hole the paste was inserted with a syringe. A small excess blob of liquid paste was removed by the same syringe. This prevented any collateral damage that would have occurred if other tools were used to remove the excess.
Coloring the pale patching paste was completed and some minor tuning may be in the future. These could include enhancements to the labia shape and texture or maybe a different pubic hair patch. But at this point she is functional once more, the rot is gone, she is solid and her love cancel has an interesting new fun feature. And did I mention how soft the bush is? Below is the starting point and finished repair.
04_Start_Finish(2000).jpg
04_Start_Finish(2000).jpg (479.68 KiB) Viewed 1131 times
Nothing super difficult, just go slowly, take your time and allow enough time for a good solid cure. As with any repair of an area under stress, if you see a problem area crop up then STOP, let it cure and try again.

Cheers!
… W …
Any comments, ideas or suggestions are given FREELY for your use and information. Before using, first check to ensure they are compatible with your doll or specific situation. If any tool, chemical or technique is mentioned, make sure to follow all directions and safety instructions of the product. Some tools or items can be dangerous, so be careful. Use all appropriate safety gear, don’t run with scissors and don’t eat the yellow snow. Always keep your mind open.

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Keep getting the impression of a young cousin It :)

muesky6969
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by muesky6969 »

Wheezer wrote:Vaginal Repair – Follow-up and tuning
When we last saw the tan WM 140 she was suffering a bit of crotch rot and groin cracks and then the indignities of TPE paste jammed into her. The poor waif also suffered from a bad first trial tan line and a little blonde merkin. Below shows some of the damage and after the initial paste was inserted and oiled.
00_Crotch_BA_20200814.jpg
Now let’s check in to see how she survived her travails. Her tan lines are gone and she sports a new yellow furry bush. As in a fake fur homemade furry patch. I may have to adjust the color, but DAMN is it soft. Some might consider it a troll, but still … SOFT !! Also notice below that the legs are spread wide and the rot area is sealed and holding strong.
01_Cured_20200924_(1000).jpg
The close-up also shows areas to be addressed in the second pass. Such as some stress on the lower right by the anus, along with some midway up the left side. I strongly encourage you to take close up pictures while doing repairs and stop half way through to review them. You will notice things in a picture on the monitor that you might miss when up close and personal with the repair.

A small amount of additional TPE was added at the base of the vaginal opening. Since this is actual TPE, it gives, stretches and expands as you would expect. While the opening now appears somewhat smaller, it will expand to accept a reasonable sized insertion item (two liter soda bottle size items NOT accepted). During intimate interaction this addition has an interesting effect. First is a “pop goes the weasel” feeling as you enter. Second is that once inside, it tightens up to give a very unique sensation to the insertion device. If you are doing any vaginal reconstruction you might consider this upgrade. Live testing indicates that it does add some very pleasing sensations.

On the top right of the labia you can see a bit of a hole. Excess 3M 94 used for smoothing caused this, since the area was under a bit of stress. It was just allowed to cure and later filled with paste. You can see it in the image below.
02_Patch_01_20200924(1000).jpg
A few tricks for repairs such as this.
  • These were follow-up repairs on an already cured stress repair area. Notice that these were only light stress crazings that were touched up with TPE paste. Do NOT open her wide like picture 02 above for final touch up; make sure she is a bit closed like the later pictures. Do not try to do deep stress crack repairs all in one step and be careful when applying pure 3M 94 to the TPE paste to smooth

With paste gravity is your friend. Start from the top with less than you think. Any that oozes downward will then fill areas to be repaired. Cleanup will be minimized and you reduce the chance of the paste flowing past your planned end point. A syringe and blunt needle is the perfect tool for small, targeted paste applications like this.

With pure 3M 94 as a smoother, reverse the above recommendations. Start from the bottom and brush up. Any of the excess thin liquid will be retained by your brush and not dribble down past your end point.

Syringes work both ways. For the labia hole the paste was inserted with a syringe. A small excess blob of liquid paste was removed by the same syringe. This prevented any collateral damage that would have occurred if other tools were used to remove the excess.
Coloring the pale patching paste was completed and some minor tuning may be in the future. These could include enhancements to the labia shape and texture or maybe a different pubic hair patch. But at this point she is functional once more, the rot is gone, she is solid and her love cancel has an interesting new fun feature. And did I mention how soft the bush is? Below is the starting point and finished repair.
04_Start_Finish(2000).jpg
Nothing super difficult, just go slowly, take your time and allow enough time for a good solid cure. As with any repair of an area under stress, if you see a problem area crop up then STOP, let it cure and try again.

Cheers!
… W …
That is really impressive if a little painful looking, all around from a woman's point of view.
You are totally right though Wheezer, taking one's time and giving a good amount of time to let things cure, is so important. The cool thing is even if there are some accidents. Like when I was pushing TPE in Xiel's jaw and I accidently cut in hole in his neck, with the paste you can fix your mistakes...
seagull wrote:Keep getting the impression of a young cousin It :)
Bwhahahahaha!!! I was thinking surfer troll.... Sorry Wheezer but..... :haha4:
Morghana The Doll Witch!! Where I take Science and a little bit of Magic to make my dolls their very best selves...

Morghana's Doll Emporium Thread
viewtopic.php?f=229&t=145649[/i]

Check out “The TPE DOLL EMPORIUM”: (Featuring: Z-Dollman & Morghana the Doll Witch)!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCybCey ... AgqYdgmSXg

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

muesky6969 wrote:That is really impressive if a little painful looking, all around from a woman's point of view.
You are totally right though Wheezer, taking one's time and giving a good amount of time to let things cure, is so important. The cool thing is even if there are some accidents. Like when I was pushing TPE in Xiel's jaw and I accidently cut in hole in his neck, with the paste you can fix your mistakes...
seagull wrote:Keep getting the impression of a young cousin It :)
Bwhahahahaha!!! I was thinking surfer troll.... Sorry Wheezer but..... :haha4:
I still may come back for more tuning , but the basics are all done. To me most dolls lack the bumps, divots and other little bits that are real down there. Too absolute pure and smooth. This was already in progress when you popped up about the troll hair, so I had to add it. The dang thing is weird and oddly soothing to rub, I guess the original dolls were the same way. Perhaps if I rub it I can get a wish - no wait - it's a doll, I don't have to wish!

Next step will be to take some extrusions that are about the right size and textured and enhance the smooth lips just a bit. Plus alter the colors again.

When the Piper Vaganus repair comes up, perhaps don't look. It will be a bit more involved, but the same basic concept. This is the starting point for her southern repair.
(DAMAGED PIPER)_VAGANUS_Start.jpg
(DAMAGED PIPER)_VAGANUS_Start.jpg (116.71 KiB) Viewed 1107 times
I took your advice about the needles and also found some different one. These are for Fx hair insertion in silicone and other materials. It is a needle with multiple micro barbs to grab the hair and insert. Coming in from the OEM in s Sweden, so it might taka a week or two to get here. Pics when they arrive.

OMG .. the hair. Went down a rabbit hole online looking and now straight back to a local store. The options and type are, to say the least, mind boggling. But I think a curled black or dark brown waft will work. The troll patch will get replaced with real looking stuff.

More later ...
Cheers!
... W ...

muesky6969
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by muesky6969 »

Wheezer wrote: I still may come back for more tuning , but the basics are all done. To me most dolls lack the bumps, divots and other little bits that are real down there. Too absolute pure and smooth. This was already in progress when you popped up about the troll hair, so I had to add it. The dang thing is weird and oddly soothing to rub, I guess the original dolls were the same way. Perhaps if I rub it I can get a wish - no wait - it's a doll, I don't have to wish!

Next step will be to take some extrusions that are about the right size and textured and enhance the smooth lips just a bit. Plus alter the colors again.

When the Piper Vaganus repair comes up, perhaps don't look. It will be a bit more involved, but the same basic concept. This is the starting point for her southern repair.
(DAMAGED PIPER)_VAGANUS_Start.jpg
I took your advice about the needles and also found some different one. These are for Fx hair insertion in silicone and other materials. It is a needle with multiple micro barbs to grab the hair and insert. Coming in from the OEM in s Sweden, so it might taka a week or two to get here. Pics when they arrive.

OMG .. the hair. Went down a rabbit hole online looking and now straight back to a local store. The options and type are, to say the least, mind boggling. But I think a curled black or dark brown waft will work. The troll patch will get replaced with real looking stuff.

More later ...
Cheers!
... W ...
So I really recommend the spoon technique. If I ever have to go back and do any touch-ups to Xiel's face I am going to used sandpaper on that spoon to scuff it up more. It gives the tactile feel that our minds recognizes as human because of the irregularities. This is the last step I did with Xiel. I heated the spoon till it was warm enough to slightly melt the TPE, and then touched the spoon down as hard or lightly you want for that area, to give the skin texture.
Morghana The Doll Witch!! Where I take Science and a little bit of Magic to make my dolls their very best selves...

Check out “The TPE DOLL EMPORIUM”: (Featuring: Z-Dollman & Morghana the Doll Witch)!!!

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

Interesting. I have the heat texturing on the list. Texturing does not with with the 3M since the liquid depth is not that deep and does not last long. You can make some striations with stiff brushes during the brief transition time.

I have been doing some tests with textured TPE paste based on adding pigment granules. Nice colored paste with a surface texture and color dependent on what you add. Flexible and won't rub off. Might work for a bit of a manly stubble if you are going that way. Unlike real stubble, this has the look but not the bite!

Cheers!
...W ...

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

muesky6969, when you mention sandpaper, you did mean the wet n dry stuff not regular wood sandpaper?

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

I think she meant sandpaper to scruff up the spoon and give the spoon a texture to impart to the hot TPE.

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Re-reading n hindsight is wonderful
I was thinking of Arthur1960's technique of getting the surface tacky enough for wet n dry to leave an impression :)

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

Yup, figured that :)

Tighes
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Tighes »

I’m stating to get the hang of this now Wheezer. I’ve been doing test repairs on my practice project doll and decided to start on my other girls repairs. The first one I did tonight was Victoria’s loose shoulder. Seems the joint can’t really be fixed so I closed her up. Not too bad of a repair I thought. I found out from the practice doll that you get better repair results if your cut is clean and straight without many rough cuts. I was really happy with the first part of the repair. I’ll do some heating and finish it with a little sandpaper. Proberbly about 1200grit as my dolls skin is quite smooth. Hers a couple of pictures before and after.

Very happy that with just the Primer 94, you can hardly see where the cut actually was!!
Attachments
D5DEEB18-42B7-4256-8A68-17C1CE69C419.jpeg
D5DEEB18-42B7-4256-8A68-17C1CE69C419.jpeg (1.7 MiB) Viewed 1075 times
BE91EB79-4708-44FD-9613-C88323064618.jpeg
BE91EB79-4708-44FD-9613-C88323064618.jpeg (1.92 MiB) Viewed 1075 times

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

Excellent repair! Looks very nice.
Thanks for sharing the results.
... W ...

muesky6969
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by muesky6969 »

Tighes1 wrote:I’m stating to get the hang of this now Wheezer. I’ve been doing test repairs on my practice project doll and decided to start on my other girls repairs. The first one I did tonight was Victoria’s loose shoulder. Seems the joint can’t really be fixed so I closed her up. Not too bad of a repair I thought. I found out from the practice doll that you get better repair results if your cut is clean and straight without many rough cuts. I was really happy with the first part of the repair. I’ll do some heating and finish it with a little sandpaper. Proberbly about 1200grit as my dolls skin is quite smooth. Hers a couple of pictures before and after.

Very happy that with just the Primer 94, you can hardly see where the cut actually was!!
Great job!!! You cannot even see where the repair was made in the picture.. Awesome!!!

INFORMATIONS