reallovesexdolls.com

Having issues, mostly with the joints...

Real Love Sex Dolls excels in sex doll design, accessories innovation and the highest in customer satisfaction. The largest seller of TPE sex dolls in the U.S.A, Real Love Sex Dolls is a woman-owned company based in Austin, Texas. You will find everything you need at Real Love Sex Dolls, from the finest in realistic adult TPE & Silicone sex dolls, doll care supplies, doll accessories, and doll storage. Ask us about discounts for TDF Members!
CaptWiggles
Apprentice
Apprentice

Having issues, mostly with the joints...

Post by CaptWiggles »

So new doll owner, and got my 140D a couple days ago and so far I'm not overly impressed. There are a variety of problems, and most of them are with the joints. Such as the wrist doesn't rotate at all and she can't hold her head up unless it's absolutely straight and she's not touched or disturbed at all.

Other issues to note are it's seriously difficult to get her to stand up on my wood floor, it's almost as if her legs are two different lengths (I haven't actually measured). It's impossible to get her to stand on carpet though.

For nearly 2K I certainly expected a higher quality product, but here I am - I just need to know how I can fix it - namely the neck issue.

setevoltas
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Re: Having issues, mostly with the joints...

Post by setevoltas »

Even an older style "gooseneck" should be able to hold poses beyond straight ahead. That sounds like possible damage.

Have you tried to rotate the wrist after bending the palm up so that it is perpendicular to the floor? Rotating a wrist with the palm flat is almost impossible.

Standing a doll is tricky but if the joints are tight it shouldn't be too hard with a 140cm doll. Lie the doll flat and make sure the legs and arms are mirroring the center axis. Use the belly button as a guide. If one leg really is longer, use the hip joint to move it forward slightly so that the heels are level. Lift carefully and set the doll down lightly. Either hold it up or move toward a wall or table for a third point of contact. A pair of cheap sneakers will help on either surface.

Mainly worried about the neck though. That honestly doesn't sound good.
Sete's Gatas
Instagram - @setesartphotography

CaptWiggles
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by CaptWiggles »

I haven't tried much with the wrists, didn't want to break her. Nice tips on the standing, I'll try some of that out this weekend and look into getting her some shoes (which I planned on doing either way).

Those issues are minor compared to the neck, any idea if it's something I can fix?

RandomShock

Post by RandomShock »

CaptWiggles wrote:I haven't tried much with the wrists, didn't want to break her. Nice tips on the standing, I'll try some of that out this weekend and look into getting her some shoes (which I planned on doing either way).

Those issues are minor compared to the neck, any idea if it's something I can fix?

Might want to attach some photos of the neck and head so that the rest of us can see the problem.
Takiko (瀧子) - WM Doll - [Body: 164D / Heads: #153, #334] - Review - Photo Thread
Sakira (咲星) - Sino Doll - [Body: 158 / Head: S30] - Review - Photo Thread

Twitter - Instagram

CaptWiggles
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by CaptWiggles »

Photos don't really convey the problem or even show it. Take your doll, put her head upright. When you take your hand off her head, does it stay up? Mine doesn't - it either droops forward as far as it'll go, or backward as far as it'll go.

All I need to know is: is this something I can fix, if so how.

RandomShock

Post by RandomShock »

CaptWiggles wrote:Photos don't really convey the problem or even show it. Take your doll, put her head upright. When you take your hand off her head, does it stay up? Mine doesn't - it either droops forward as far as it'll go, or backward as far as it'll go.

All I need to know is: is this something I can fix, if so how.
Photo would have answered this question: Is it just the head that is drooping, or is the neck being pulled down with it?
Takiko (瀧子) - WM Doll - [Body: 164D / Heads: #153, #334] - Review - Photo Thread

Twitter - Instagram

CaptWiggles
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by CaptWiggles »

Well, since I specifically mention the "neck" as a problem, that should have really answered it.

But, since I'm impatient and she was essentially a 2K pile of trash, I cut her open. I couldn't have possibly made her worse, being that she was trash - but she is now fixed. I'll certainly never buy from RLSD or WM again if this is the height of their "quality"

PDutus
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by PDutus »

Sounds to me like a very loose joint in the neck. One of mine has a loose joint and will flop to one side quite easily, especially if you carry her with the head attached. But it does stay in position.

You might have to tighten the joint. There is plenty of advice on here about how to tighten doll skeletons.

Doll skeleton joints and the lack of consistency in the tightness thereof, is one of my biggest bugbears!

Standing them is an art!
My girls:
Sophie - JY 175 (JY Head #167)
Valentina - JY 175 (JY Head #101)
Kiania - Sino 161 (Heads S6 & S7)
Rashona - WM 172B (WM Head #64)
Helga - JY 166 (JY head #101)
Patsy - JY 166 (JY Head #102)
Ingrid - JY 166 (SM Head #76)
Monique - JY 165SR (JY Head #134)

Amliy
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Amliy »

The joints of sex dolls have not been improved very well. At present, gynoid dolls, DS Dolls, and sanhui Dolls are doing better. They are better than other dolls in terms of joint flexibility.

Regarding the standing function of sex dolls, although most sex dolls have triangular nails to fix their feet, you know that sex dolls are not real people and cannot control their center of gravity.
When you want her to stand, you must find a very precise focus point, otherwise she will fall.

RandomShock

Post by RandomShock »

CaptWiggles wrote:Well, since I specifically mention the "neck" as a problem, that should have really answered it.

But, since I'm impatient and she was essentially a 2K pile of trash, I cut her open. I couldn't have possibly made her worse, being that she was trash - but she is now fixed. I'll certainly never buy from RLSD or WM again if this is the height of their "quality"
Way to bite the head and neck off of someone seeking to help you, asking to make sure that the problem has been precisely communicated and understood. Yeah, you are frustrated at having spent a lot of money and encountered a problem with the result of that investment. Anyway, good luck with that.

Twitter - Instagram

PDutus
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by PDutus »

RandomShock wrote:
CaptWiggles wrote:Well, since I specifically mention the "neck" as a problem, that should have really answered it.

Way to bite the head and neck off of someone seeking to help you, asking to make sure that the problem has been precisely communicated and understood. Yeah, you are frustrated at having spent a lot of money and encountered a problem with the result of that investment. Anyway, good luck with that.
Hi CaptWiggles. My most recent arrival has an issue with her neck and I am in communication with my vendor and the manufacturer; I know it will be resolved.

I think that "a 2K pile of trash" is a little bit harsh but believe me I understand how you feel. By and large, the manufacturers of these dolls do not seem to have heard of the term "quality control", so it's something of a lottery regarding the quality of what you get. If you do have a problem, the best thing to do is to work with the vendor and the manufacturer to achieve a resolution.

Regarding standing, none of them is really capable of standing on her own two feet without a third point of support, so it's always best to have them leaning back slightly against a wall or a closet door, with something like a memory pillow of folded blanket between them and whatever their leaning against. You can leave them standing that way for ages.

Good that you're getting shoes (presumably soft shoes) for her. Putting small white socks on her hands and feet helps prevent damage to delicate fingers and toes in bed and when you're moving her.

Hope her neck heals okay :)
My girls:
Sophie - JY 175 (JY Head #167)
Valentina - JY 175 (JY Head #101)
Kiania - Sino 161 (Heads S6 & S7)
Rashona - WM 172B (WM Head #64)
Helga - JY 166 (JY head #101)
Patsy - JY 166 (JY Head #102)
Ingrid - JY 166 (SM Head #76)
Monique - JY 165SR (JY Head #134)

AGL
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by AGL »

Sorry to hear of your issues. I'm reading more of these sorts of skeleton issues coming out of Jinsan's factory these days, which is rather unsettling. Actually, it's enough to put me off from buying another; as others have said, it's a bit of a crapshoot as to what you'll receive these days. This is also unfortunately one of those things that's not so easily fixed after the fact.

While I'm glad you were able to resolve the neck issue, I'm sorry to hear that you had to cut into her to do so. If you just received her, did you try to contact RLSD regarding this? You would have hoped they'd try to make it right, maybe given you a partial refund or something.

Regarding one leg looking longer than the other, as setevoltas stated, sounds like you've got her torso a bit off center. His advice to straighten her is right on. :thumbs_up:

k_roll

Post by k_roll »

All this is strange with a problem with joints.
The first thing that comes to mind is that you simply do not have enough experience in working with a doll. Mine can stand on any surface, and even on heels, and roller skates! The main thing is to set your legs correctly in advance. While the doll lies, imagining that the floor is vertical. And then gently lower it to the floor.

setevoltas
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by setevoltas »

Well, that was a bold move and I'm glad you found a fix. But honestly, I'm eight dolls (nine, ten? lol...) in and I haven't had one arrive with a neck that won't support the weight of the head. That would be an instant return in my book.

Did you find a bolt to tighten or something? If it wasn't straight up damage that occurred during shipping that's some of the worst QC I've ever seen.
Sete's Gatas
Instagram - @setesartphotography

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Having difficulty remembering names as well setevoltas :)

INFORMATIONS