betterlovedoll.com

Hurricanes

This forum is devoted SOLELY to questions and answers regarding how to use the forum and other features of the "The Doll Forum" website. Questions or help regarding dolls should be posted elsewhere. Bug reports can also all be found here. If you encounter a bug, this is where to address it.
chachacast

Hurricanes

Post by chachacast »

Where I live there is alot of hurricanes and we have to abandon our house and leave its mandatory, my question is would my silicone doll be ok if while I was away and there was no electricity for like a week, it gets hot where I live? Im not sure what kind of hot temperatures a silicone dolls can withstand.

YungSynth
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Re: Hurricanes

Post by YungSynth »

Why not take her with you? A TPE doll would probably be ruined, but Silicone should be okay. Neither kind will melt at temperatures that are survivable by humans, so you're good there ,though heat can cause wrinkles/compression in TPE, which is usually fixable. Your main concern in a hurricane would be the extreme humidity and moisture, which is why I say a TPE would be ruined. Silicone is not porous and will not mold or mildew as readily... Though if she was left unattended in a moist environment I'd still sanitize the hell out of her and make sure all potential entries to the body are completely dry, that means the neck and feet too, not just your main orifices.

Studio
Asst. Manager - TDF
Asst. Manager - TDF

Post by Studio »

If there's no greenhouse effect where she is then probably should be ok with "standard" hot summer temps.

Rock13
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Rock13 »

Just stand her up in a closet close to the center of your home, door closed, upper floor if it's a two story. If the closet is still there after the hurricane passes she should be fine.
Hadleigh is a fair-skinned WM163C/#188, Harper (#124) is a medium toned WM164D, Kendall is a fair-skinned 163C/#398. All via RLSD.

Link to Hadleigh's photo thread

Link to Harper's photo thread

Link to Kendall's photo thread

Link to the H2K Ranch

GotDolls

Post by GotDolls »

Dress her up like Dorothy Gale then if the hurricane does take her and someone films her you'll have made thousands of people smile that day cos it's bound to get on the news.

chachacast

Post by chachacast »

LMFAO :lol:
GotDolls wrote:Dress her up like Dorothy Gale then if the hurricane does take her and someone films her you'll have made thousands of people smile that day cos it's bound to get on the news.

INFORMATIONS