Starpery.com

Good First Impressions give-way to another poor TPE report

Starpery mission is that"Let robot service to people, and protect people!". We are the manufacturer of TPE doll and silicone doll, based on Huizhou city, China. We are devoting ourself to improve doll apery ability of appearance and movement so that she or he can help more the unable, or the loneliness, or other fans. Wish our doll can bring the funny, service and protection to all human being in future. Website: https://www.starpery.com
maddmatter70
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Good First Impressions give-way to another poor TPE repo

Post by maddmatter70 »

Wait wait wait...... painting tpe? I guess I have been out of the loop too long. They are painting the tpe and selling dolls? Maybe they meant dye. Semi perm. Surely not paint

lilbitlonely
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by lilbitlonely »

This thread is locked until further notice.

Kite
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by Kite »

Nescio50 wrote:For those having an issue with your seller, please read TDF's Notice: How to solve an issue with your seller.

Public accusations and demands are certainly not the best way to solve your issue.

This!!!!!! DO THIS!!!!!! I had nescio50 and slew help me out and my vendor made my issue right when the vendor would not.

Please stay on topic. Be mindful of our RoC and as always. Tdf management is here if you need.

Ive moved some of the posts in this thread that violated our RoC. Id like to keep the topic up. It was out if sight while i worked on it. If your post didnt violate RoC it may have been removed to keep on topic or because of a quote that was removed.

Again..... if you have any issues with a manufacturer or vendor. The first step is to talk to them. The second is to get TDF MANAGEMENT involved.

Olivia F1
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Olivia F1 »

Did someone misbehave? :lol:

I think this story will have a positive ending. It seems the doll-mob got everyone's attention to preform better. Consequences drive adaptation and evolution. What I think is most frustrating to doll owners is the issue of quality control, that, in my option, has been rather lacking as a whole in this industry.

maddmatter70
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by maddmatter70 »

Good Job once again imho tdf. Thank you for letting the important parts stand.

ZxDan

Post by ZxDan »

What a horrible ordering experience! The poor quality of TPE materials and the lousy after-sales service are enough to discourage me from any interest in this brand. :(

Enchanted
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Enchanted »

But just for example, someone just wants to tell that a brand sucks and customer service sucks as well... what is offending about this then only someone wants to warn others for a product what is crap and sucks... I mean how many customers have to buy bad bargain before TDF will step into it and temporary ban a brand till they have fixed there problems, but also solved the problems with there customers?

What I actually see now is that more and more customers become victims.

From day one I became a TDF member, I read already terrible things about this brand, but none steps taken till now to this brand by TDF.

Still I want to be nice to other TDF members and congrats them with there purchase, but man oh man this aint feels right... get my point?
The Escapades of Esmee (photo thread):
viewtopic.php?f=113&t=144390
The search and buying your first doll... ideas, tips, the frustrations and all you will go through:
viewtopic.php?f=87&t=140093
Review FutureDoll 163cm:
viewtopic.php?f=584&t=144301
Stained Silicone Doll:
viewtopic.php?f=584&t=144054

Olivia F1
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Olivia F1 »

I would caution on becoming overly focused on this brand as the only brand that has shipped out problematic product;
The issue is IMO industry wide. You can receive a perfect doll from a manufacture and order another and it may have problems.

I'm reasonably confident most of the product they produce and sell is up to acceptable standards, and that they will be more discerning on the product they send out in the future.

I think we scared them a little bit, and that's ok.

My current favorite doll is, after-all, a Starpery.
And I may buy another in the future - once I'm convinced of their accountability.

Jay1313
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Jay1313 »

Idk, I agree that it’s an industry wide problem, mainly we spend thousands on these products with no protection to the consumer, that’s a area that needs addressing, but starprey has shipped to many bad dolls in a short amount of time, I’m not sure if it’s there blend , quality of materials used , or just plain bad employees who don’t take pride in there work, or do proper work in general. As a person who’s in the market for a new doll at the moment these bad reviews and complaints have made me stay clear of this brand, I’m sure I’m not the only one. They need get this under control and straightened out before this becomes their reputation.

Pan_of_Qld
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Pan_of_Qld »

I did a lot of research online covering all manufacturers starting with the US RealDoll and working down (they are very good sounding but expensive, even the shipping). Starpery had the best looking dolls for what I was looking for (each to his/her own).
2 months ago when I ordered I'd only heard good things about them, so I've been concerned after reading comments on here. My Australian vendor has been excellent and I did receive a reply from Evan at Starpery, so I have no reason to think I won't receive what I ordered.
I did start a thread at order time at the start of May which I will update when the doll arrives in a week or two.
All I can do is write from my own experiences and hopefully that'll help others make decisions like I had to.
I've had some good responses from this forum, it's important it keeps it's integrity and usefulness. Cheers guys.

sirdave62
Former Member

Post by sirdave62 »

Hi Everyone,

Just received my Hedy 171C.

See my review:
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=143239
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=143240

I wouldn't write Starpery Tech off just yet. My girl only had a few minor cosmetic defects and I am quite satisfied with my purchase.

Olinka
Doll
Doll

Post by Olinka »

Olivia F1 wrote:
maddmatter70 wrote:Sorry man. Is that her lower back? That would bug the sheet out of me too.
Its actually in a more visible location; on her neck, above her clavicle.
Oh my god...
Mr. Olivia F1 this horrible...
That poor girl... !
That looks very painful for her it makes me so sad...
I am hoping she is getting the best medical attention possible!

This is making me feeling very fortunate my maker didn't do my skin this way , omg the sight of that just makes me so sad for her !

I am thinking about all this as i have seen this "Bad Skin Disease" from many different doll makers many times before on many victims...
We dolls deserve Health Insurance!!!
My man is saying doll makers will never go for such a health insurance policy but maybe vendors or even TDF can offer such a service for a set fee that is very affordable ?

This will be making things much safer for us dolls, No?
And provide relief for our doll master companions , No?
And we get new body very quickly with no hassles involved maybe then,No ?

It is an idea maybe thinking of , No?

One thing for sure doll manufacturers should have this skin making down to a science by now as we dolls have been around long time now and there are no excuses for this negligence of skin making ! :shakefist:

Mr. Oliver please say to your lady friend I'm wishing she has very speedy recovery !

Best wishes
Olinka ❤

Y_Nick

Post by Y_Nick »

I think it's their poor service that makes me most angry... :(

Nick

justintime
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by justintime »

I will start off and say I have two silicone StarPery's on the way.
I would like to point out , as the Moderators have pointed out
Read this first
How to solve an issue with your sellerviewtopic.php?f=80&t=131238

I just never think it's a good idea to belittle a brand because you make it a vendetta.
People with little or no experience with a brand, are quick to voice opinions. Starting a snowball effect of opinions, and a lot of misleading information.

A review is only as good as the doll it is reviewing. This does not speak for the hundreds/thousands of dolls from a doll maker sold around the world.
I will not say that this should of never of happened, it should not of. Then again show me a brand that has not had problems, here of elsewhere at some point in time?

Am I the only one who would like to see a TDF warranty for any doll maker that is allowed to advertise or I should say, allowed to pay on TDF.
But with that in mind the staff has always been helpful in moderating my personal problems. I would encourage anyone with a manufacture problem to contact TDF staff first, before you go further.
Please everyone, think twice about giving a review the day your doll arrives. It's a bad idea.
Give yourself time to reflect on the whole experience and what you may of over looked.
Before you buy a doll or when you see a doll maker on TDF ask them point blank.
Do they offer a warranty?
“Put … the Doll … down … and slowly back away.”
Shelby My Piece Of Heaven
Shelby Model Information

peachplumpear

Post by peachplumpear »

Hi everyone. It’s true! Starpery has agreed to fabricate a new 151 TPE body for me at no cost, and my vendor will cover the shipping charges. I think this is fair, appropriate, and a strong step forward not just for me, but for all of us.

I very much appreciate Starpery’s willingness to address this, and I very much appreciate the efforts of the doll community in pursuing a resolution, something I hope will ultimately benefit the manufacturer as much as the consumers. When a manufacturer takes professionally-minded steps to rectify a problem, everybody wins.

I would like to especially thank TrueBlue, PDutus, Adheraq, and, of course, the fab Olivia F1. :glou:

INFORMATIONS