teddy-babes.com

New and Improved Teddy Babes for 2020

The place to discuss our plush companions made by Eighth Wonder LLC.
john1972
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Re: New and Improved Teddy Babes for 2020

Post by john1972 »

Stewie
Well mine is 10 years old this August so..
I do take very good care of her but hell even someone that moderately
took care of one could still have one of the first gen in decent shape.
They are just tanks and last a really long time if you take care of them.
Also back when the first gen came out Teddy Babes where pretty popular
for a lower cost doll and I think lots of the people that ended up with these
where already die hard fans of the old standard babes and they just still have
them like I do..

Juncharted2
Ex-Member

Post by Juncharted2 »

They need to go back in time then re apply good characteristics. Not sure I'd buy one with a butthole, the butt actually looks better without the hole. Can you get a old standard one without the hips? I won't buy one if that's what they come with. It's simple. At least offer your older models for those who don't think your newer models are that attractive. Now your losing customers.
https://youtu.be/Zw7RLArsaic

@samteddybabe /Instagram

Juncharted2
Ex-Member

Post by Juncharted2 »

Seriously all they had to do was remove that terrible wire within, get rid of the plastic features, maybe upgrade the selection as in different size models, different characteristics, you know... That exactly what I would have done.
https://youtu.be/Zw7RLArsaic

@samteddybabe /Instagram

digitalcavebear
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by digitalcavebear »

Juncharted2 wrote:Not sure I'd buy one with a butthole, the butt actually looks better without the hole. Can you get a old standard one without the hips? I won't buy one if that's what they come with. It's simple. At least offer your older models for those who don't think your newer models are that attractive. Now your losing customers.

Seriously all they had to do was remove that terrible wire within, get rid of the plastic features, maybe upgrade the selection as in different size models, different characteristics, you know... That exactly what I would have done.
Juncharted2 wrote:They need to go back in time then re apply good characteristics.
Amen J.

I'm good with trying to innovate and improve a product. But you gotta listen to your customer and fan base.

I seriously wish I could have bought an OG Standard while they still existed as a product.
Lovin' my Rhonda since April, 13th, 2018.
Rhonda is a 2nd generation Lisa Deluxe Teddy-Babe.

Jefffromgermany
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Jefffromgermany »

r363b wrote:
JustinBridou wrote:
Wolferich wrote:So the 1300 € at Gummipuppen.de / Dollpark are no longer so overpriced?
Yes, for EU it's now quite close that we are importing directly from EightWonders US or you get her from Dollpark DE.

When I imported my TBD "Diana" in september, the total cost was 1075 €. This includes shipping costs (FEDEX about $ 295), bank commission (2.3%), VAT (20%) and customs taxes (which were not very important, "only" 34 € with a rate of 4.7%). But I had also benefited from the promotional offer at $ 699, and today we must add $ 100 as the regular price is $ 799. The dollar / euro rate has changed little since then, but even if the dollar has fallen a little against the euro, this is negligible. On the other hand, the increase in customs taxes is significant :(

The merchandise code is 9503 00 21 90 (dolls) and the customs taxes rate was 4.7%.
And if you are curious, you can find it in the official journal of the European Union (commission of October 19, 2019 - English edition):
But this was the normal rate before the additionnal tax for US products was added. If this rate reach now 25%, this will add about 200 € to the total price :evil:
According that I benefit a promotional offer and you have to add $ 100, sure today, the Dollpark's prices are competitive.

Note also that, for Dollpark, the shipping costs are not included, but they are low. They were only 11 € when I ordered a standard TB some years ago :)

Take into account, their dolls are still at this price 1300 €, because they are in stock and shipped in 24H. But, I wouldn't be surprised if their prices also increase soon.

But the price is not always the most important. :roll:
Dollpark does not have all the models and they do not offer the "Diana". So if we want this model, the only solution is to buy it directly from the US.
I found this very interesting. Unaware of taxes in other countries (I am in the U.S.).. what is a VAT tax? ..at 20% that seems very high at whatever it is.
Also why would raising taxes at 25% on U.S. products be a good thing?

I hate taxes of all kinds ..where I live the local city government tried to raise my real estate taxes by $400 in this month's election. That got a no vote from me!! And it did NOT pass in this month's election!!! Good for me and my 'no' vote. Lower taxes will get me out to vote every time.

Well, I have to disagree. I have now imported my fourth teddybabe myself and I am at 1150€ per babe with customs and import VAT. That's only a difference of 150€! But the babe is with me within 7 days. By the way, Dollpark has a minimum delivery time of 24 DAYS, not hours! They have absolutely nothing in stock. For a while they had the old Jessica model in stock! But I recommend everyone to order directly from Jenni and Dave as they can take your special requests into account. For example, a different wig or hair for dolls who don't have any, etc: And all that for free! This service is not offered by Dollpark. In addition, the shipping costs for Fedex also include customs processing. That is, from the beginning to the delivery to your home, fedex takes care of the customs clearance! So you don't have to go to the customs office and open the parquet and face an unpleasant situation.

Especially since Dollpark is not even able to deliver their Dajoshin dolls, which they call Facedolls, i.e. normal inflatable dolls, within 2 months! Also the email support sucks you are more or less always asked to call instead of answering the questions via email and on the phone you are always put off with some bad alternatives! Dave and Jenni are completely different, they usually answer in less than 24 hours and help you with problems as well as with my Amber where the colour from a piece of clothing rubbed off on her! They are also always happy to receive direct feedback. Sure, they are on the forum, but they also have to make other babes - after all, it's handiwork, which many people forget.

I can only advise everyone to order the doll themselves from them and you'll get exactly what you want and I'm sure you'll also get special requests such as without a bottom hole etc. but I think it will take longer because it has to be reworked. But it's not impossible, as I can see from my dolls which are all custom ;)

INFORMATIONS