teddy-babes.com

long overdue Teddy Babe Carly review

The place to discuss our plush companions made by Eighth Wonder LLC.
butchatron
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

long overdue Teddy Babe Carly review

Post by butchatron »

Ok, got my computer back, finally! seems I fried my hard drive some how. anyhoo, I've been with Stacy for about 3 weeks now so I think I can give a pretty indepth review. Here we go:

Ordering process: Top notch. These guys really excell in customer service. I had to pay with a money order, as I am between credit cards, and it couldn't have been simpler. Jenni responded to all of my emails with in hours of sending them, so they are really on the ball with this stuff. There was some delay due to the fact that they were out of blue teddies and this did put her shipping on hold for several days, but I blame
the supplier, not eighth wonder for this. Ultimatly Jenni gave me the option to substatute the teddy with another color and I chose black, which looks great on her, by the way!

Shipping: No problems. She arrived on the day and time frame she was suppossed to, and the delivery man made no comments as to what may have been in the box.

Packing: Teddy Babes come verywell packed, so be warned that you will have to deal with about 8 billion packing peanuts. The way I delt with them was to slowly push the peanuts away from her face, while pulling (gently) on her head, slowly pulling her out of the box. Only a small amount of peanuts spilled, making cleanup very easy. Of course, if you're to excited to wait, just have a shopvac on hand.

First impression: WOW!!!! This is by far the most beautiful doll you can buy for less than a 1000 dollars. I would recomend them to anyone on a budget. As people will tell you, she is quite stiff when you first get her, but she will imediatly began to soften up as soon as you begin playing with her.

The body: great! simply fantastic! The skin is silky soft and warm, just like a real woman. No need for powder and electric blankets here guys! I've noticed she is not as flexable as I would liek her to be. I don't know if this is due to her newness or just the way she's built, but it really doesn't bother me all that much. The breasts are great! Firm yet soft, the way they should be. Alot of people say the breasts are too large for the body, and from a distance, I have to agree, but when I'm up close, holding her, I have to say they are the perfect size. I wouldn't change them. Another issiue is the legs. I agree with you guys that they are too short. I think the thighs are perfect, but her calves could stand to be about 4 inches longer. One thing that I noticed is that the arms are to long compared to her legs. I would recomend lengtheing the legs instead of shortening the arms though. If you made the arms shorter, you would have a hard time putting them around you're neck (something all teddy babe owners should do!)

The nipples: Don't care for them. For some reason, I just don't like the way they feel, so I'm going to try the latex nipples. If they are made from the same stuff as the lips, I'll love them!

The lips: fantastic! This doll is far more kissable then I could have pissibly imagined. They are quite hard when she first arrives, but they soften very quicky. (I noticed a difference the first day)

Pussy velour: not very impressive. I used it (with lube, wich is really not a prolem, so try it out if you want) and id does feel good, but even with lide I began to experience the rope burn you guysall talk about. Definanty look into a sillyplush insert.

Finger nails: I had a problem with them falling off. I think it's just the glue used. I reattached them with a slightly stronger product and now I have no problems.

The hair: now thsi part of her provided the most trouble. Don't get me wrong, it looked beautiful and I do love long hair, but I was strapped for cash when I bought her so I could not afford the wig care products. Apperently this is quite important as within a day her hair was so tangled and unmanagable that I was forced to give her a hair cut (I would not recomend this. Buy the products and take good care of your wig, guys!)
I did a good job on it, it looks pretty good and I can come it out now, but I do plan to get a replacement wig and all the nessasary care products.

That about wraps it up, guys. All in all, she was worth every penny and the happiness she has given me, well, you can't put a price tag on that. Anyone out there considering a teddybabe, stop considering and get one all ready, you will not be disapointed!

P.S. I'll have photos tomorrow.
All Hail Butchatron! <br /><br />Stacy's Album<br /><a href="http://www.teddybabechronicles.com/coppermine/thumbnails.php?album=32">http://www.teddybabechronicles.com/coppermine/thumbnails.php?album=32</a>

Dragoneye
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

OOOOoOOoOooOooOoOooo...

Post by Dragoneye »

AH Thanks Butch!
As im ALSO Considering a Carly, Input is ALWAYS Welcome!
Looking forward to those Pics!
Hmmm Do you think Her Longer hair Caused additional Problems?
or was it Solely the lack of the wig Care products?

butchatron
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by butchatron »

yes, I do beleive the longer hair was the problem, but without proper care, any wig will have the same problems. The wig is more managable and looks better, but I miss the long hair. So don't let my experience be a turn off, I should have made an alowance for the products.
All Hail Butchatron! <br /><br />Stacy's Album<br /><a href="http://www.teddybabechronicles.com/coppermine/thumbnails.php?album=32">http://www.teddybabechronicles.com/coppermine/thumbnails.php?album=32</a>

Yoube Bosley
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: long overdue Teddy Babe Carly review

Post by Yoube Bosley »

butchatron wrote: The nipples: Don't care for them. For some reason, I just don't like the way they feel, so I'm going to try the latex nipples. If they are made from the same stuff as the lips, I'll love them!

The lips: fantastic! This doll is far more kissable then I could have pissibly imagined. They are quite hard when she first arrives, but they soften very quicky. (I noticed a difference the first day)

Finger nails: I had a problem with them falling off. I think it's just the glue used. I reattached them with a slightly stronger product and now I have no problems.
Nipples: That's unusual. Most people prefer the plush nipples, myself included. Dana's are plenty stiff, but a lot of the pink has faded off.

Lips: The replacement lips I got for Dana were indeed hard. At first, I could barely feel her lips whenever she kissed me. Things have improved greatly over time, though.

Finger nails: I haven't had a problem there. Fortunately, it's an easy problem to solve.
So here’s what I’m thinking.  I’ll be Charlie and you can all be my angels.  Except you.  You be Bosley.

--- Peter Griffin

Photos of Dana and Amyliu: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=10735

Siber
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Siber »

Nice review Butch. Can't wait to see your pics.

As for the wig, sorry to hear it went bad so quickly. The length doesn't seem to make alot of difference though. Heather had a short wig originally and she went through 3 of them in 2 years time. She now has a much longer wig, a Realdoll wig to be exact, and it is much better.

What's funny, is Dani, who has Akiko's wig, still is using the same wig. I don't know why, but the color black seems to last longer.

I've also heard that normal fabric softener can be used for wigs, instead of the wig care products
"My wife has a doll collection, over 100 dolls... I'm the weird one 'cause I have one.... under my bed in the box"
--Dwight York, comedian--

butchatron
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by butchatron »

Yoube_Bosley wrote:
Nipples: That's unusual. Most people prefer the plush nipples, myself included. Dana's are plenty stiff, but a lot of the pink has faded off.

Finger nails: I haven't had a problem there. Fortunately, it's an easy problem to solve.
I know! I really thought I would enoy the plush nipples, but I don't. Go figure.

As for the finger nails, that may have just been a fluke on my part. It in no way changes my feeling about the doll, I still think she's the best buy for the money.

butchatron
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by butchatron »

Thnaks for the info, Siber. But I'm really not upset, she still looks fantastic, just with shorter hair!

Pit_Viper
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Pit_Viper »

butchatron wrote: First impression: WOW!!!! This is by far the most beautiful doll you can buy for less than a 1000 dollars. I would recomend them to anyone on a budget. As people will tell you, she is quite stiff when you first get her, but she will imediatly began to soften up as soon as you begin playing with her.
I'm sure she wasn't the only one in the household that was stiff when she arrived. :lol:

Yeah, the arms do tend to loosen up as time goes by, eventually you'll be able to extend her arms outwards to put her in different poses (or positions. :P). Brand new, they will be quite difficult. Same thing with the legs.

I do recommend the siliplush. 1000% better than the valour she comes stocked with. Get yourself an account on Coverdoll mags site, because they have a contest going for a $100.00 voucher for the Canadian TB store. You can use that to get the siliplush, as only the Canadian store has them.

http://coverdoll.ca/

Wait'll ya sleep with her. 8)

Zang
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Zang »

Way to go, Butch! Carlies are highly appealing. If only her super-long hair were always silky-smooth all the way down, that would be exquisite; I get weak just imagining the feel.

Looking forward to some photos; after all, it's all about the pics with us, isn't it, lads? :P

dajon

Post by dajon »

Very nice review, butchatron.
butchatron wrote: Packing: Teddy Babes come verywell packed... ...Of course, if you're to excited to wait, just have a shopvac on hand.
One note for potential owners - be careful about getting too excited. When my Babes arrived, I cut open the box with a utility knife. After I had done so, I realized that I almost cut into the fanny of one of my cuties. I should have only had a tiny bit of the blade exposed, or taken the time to peel the tape off instead of cutting it. Fortunately, no damage.
butchatron wrote: ...I could not afford the wig care products. Apperently this is quite important as within a day her hair was so tangled and unmanagable that I was forced to give her a hair cut (I would not recomend this. Buy the products and take good care of your wig, guys!)
Yes, by all means. Besides, Teddy Babes are worth it!
butchatron wrote: That about wraps it up, guys. All in all, she was worth every penny and the happiness she has given me, well, you can't put a price tag on that. Anyone out there considering a teddybabe, stop considering and get one all ready, you will not be disapointed!
Flora (a Carly model) has been a tremendous joy to me. I hope your Carly is a long term joy for you as well, butchatron.

butchatron
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by butchatron »

Pit Viper,

Been sleeping with her every night since she arrived! And its the best thing ever! I used to toss and turn, kick my blanket off, pull up my sheets, wake up at least once a night, I was the most restless sleeper you could imagine. Now I sleep the whole night thru with no problems.

Zang,

Her hair IS beautiful! It was exquisite when I first got her. My mistake was not being prepaired for the hassles of hair care (I've kepted a shaved head since 1988, so I know nothing about it!) but my sister is educating me on the art of hair care, so in a month or so I'll order a new wig from eithwonder and her beauty will be restored to its origional glory.

INFORMATIONS