Starpery.com

(Standing feet)Not sure if this exists yet

Got an idea? Need an invention?
chachacast

(Standing feet)Not sure if this exists yet

Post by chachacast »

Removable metal support disc for support and balance and to help dolls stand without damaging their feet while taking pictures. They could also be painted green for editing them out of your pictures.

My horrible Photoshoping skills below ↓ :lol:
1672856829851.png
1672856829851.png (3.38 MiB) Viewed 244 times

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: (Standing feet)Not sure if this exists yet

Post by Arthur1960 »

Hi, while an intriguing idea I can't see what would stop a doll from tipping over. Granted you could probably get her to freestand for a bit but with any doll much over 30kg I would imagine the risk of tipping over remains unless she has very stiff joints and is already well balanced. A few of us have made DIY stands which are basically a base with a steel tube which the doll leans against and her weight on the base stops her from tipping over. Saying all that I have a feeling that this just might work for a doll below 25kg if her joints are stiff, have you actually tried this yet?

informalproblem

Post by informalproblem »

I would suggest building that in Solidworks first and simulating the force being pushed on the object, at various points. Depending on your level of income, the time learning how to do the simple CAD would cost less than the time required to earn money to get a new doll that had the skeleton destroyed from a potential bad fall. More than likely the ankle could be severely deformed, along with the shoulder, etc.

Chompers

Post by Chompers »

Nice idea 💡

4891d
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by 4891d »

This idea seemed very good to me... until I read arthur1960's post. Indeed, the risk is that the ankle or knee joints give out and that the damage is even more important than with a simple fall.

Some sellers sell a support which is a kind of small saddle on top of a telescopic tube fixed on a plate.
To adapt this device to outdoor photography on uneven ground, perhaps the plate could be replaced by a folding, adjustable tripod.
Links to 4891d's dolls-stories. : viewtopic.php?t=156068
Saaskiya, my beautiful gift (Zelex GE04) : viewtopic.php?t=154462
Trixie came to me (Funwest Dolls Trixie) : viewtopic.php?t=155900
Eurydice, a nice surprise (Elsa Babe RHC019)

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Couple concerns I'd have about these. One, what about shoes and hosiery? Two, wouldn't large discs like that interfere with lifting the doll? I mean, to save my back I stand pretty close to my doll when I lift her, I'd always be stepping on those.

Myself, I just let my doll touch or lean against something for extra support when standing. I did rig up a prop of sorts to give the appearance of free standing. Just an old mannequin stand with a broom handle attached to it.

INFORMATIONS