www.sexdollcanada.com/

Review: Less than desirable experience (shipping)

Reviews on Sex Doll Canada Sales and Services
Forum rules
This area of the forum is dedicated to Sales and Support experience reviews.
Product reviews should be posted in the manufacturer review forum, unless the product is exclusive offered by this vendor.
All posts in the Reviews section have to be approved by a moderator before they show up and will be locked after approval.
Reviews will only be approved if evidence is provided to back up the claims that are made.
RealCanadianBeef

Review: Less than desirable experience (shipping)

Post by RealCanadianBeef »

Hello, I am new here but I thought it would be good to share my less than desirable result with Sex Doll Canada. The short version is that I had paid for a doll, did not receive all of it, then had a claim with UPS go wrong leaving the doll in mail limbo. I believe SD Canada has the doll back in their warehouse but won't send it back to me. In this story I am aware that I have made some mistakes, and will admit to where I did something wrong. However I have been without my purchase now for months with seemingly no chance of getting it, or a refund, back.

Here is the custom doll I ordered through them:
159 (5'3") B-Cup Sierra Brunette (Head #18) - HR Doll
Standard (from Toronto)
Region Selected: CAD
How would you like your doll?: Custom
Head Picker: 18 Sierra
Wig: Like Photo
Eyes: Like Photo
Enhanced Mouth: No Thanks
Skin Tone: Black
Breast: Solid
Areola Color: Dark Brown
Vagina: Fixed Vagina
Pubic Hair: Like Photo
Labia Color: Like Photo
Fingernails and Toenails: Like Photo
Feet: Standing
Shoulders: Normal
Enhanced Skeleton: Enhanced Skeleton
Would have been beautiful, had I still been in possession of any of it.

Apologies for the wall of text. It has also been many years since I've been on a forum, but please bear with me:
I had previously been doing all sorts of research and browsing of various sites, including reviews and feedback on this forum, for many months before leaping at the chance to buy my first doll from a Canadian vendor, choosing Sex Doll Canada. This all started in my initial order back in August 2022. I had no additional requests or instructions and there were no questions or concerns with the order by SD Canada, the ordering and production went smoothly. I was sent the factory photos, they looked wonderful. Everything looked fantastic, so I agreed with their recommendation to continue with shipping. The shipping time itself was fine, I'm patient.

On September 16th, I received my doll from UPS. I noted down some minor damage to the box just in case. All of the clear tape holding the lid down was cut (three new bands of clear tape had been applied afterwards to hold the box closed), there were two cut bands of red security tape, one intact band of red security tape, a couple small dings on box corners, and one small tear on an edge on the underside. Opening it, I remove everything from the box and notice the head and wig were missing. The body, the blanket, and the small care kit was all present. One of the screws in the standing feet were slightly bent, but I can replace that later. There was a small tear in one ankle, but I can repair that at any time.

I then sent an email to SD Canada's email address on their website and three days later Jack greets me on September 19th with concerns, and recommends that I start a claim with UPS while he makes a claim with his 3rd party shipper, ClickShip. I was assured that everything was sent from their warehouse.

So I did. I got the necessary information from Jack and give UPS as much as I was able. UPS tells me that they'll contact the shipper (SD Canada) with the results, but they won't email me. Being ever positive, I go with it and wait. On October 4th I left my repacked doll contents on my front porch for UPS to pick up while I was at work.

At this point my email program that I typically use randomly decided to label all new emails from SD Canada as spam. I can admit to not checking my spam folder often enough, but who really wants to when it's all bots trying to scam you into buying penis pills and fake CostCo memberships? I tried a phone call once and the response I got was that the phone number didn't exist or didn't belong to anybody. I did not find out about the spam filtering until I had contacted Jack again using my backup email on November 10th, where I had learned that they had sent me the results of the claim, and their response for a discounted head to replace the one that was lost.

Further emails with Jack lead to getting the details for the new head, and the chance to return my doll back to me. Some time during this exchange, UPS had decided to mark my claim as abandoned and sent my doll back to SD Canada's warehouse, where it was effectively accepted as a return. I was told my Jack that I would have to close the claim with UPS before it can be sent back.

Emailing UPS customer service about this, UPS gave me this reply on November 22nd:
--------------------------------------------------------
We appreciate you getting in touch with us and informing us of any extra information you may have on your shipment.

As I checked, it appears that we failed to deliver these packages due to the missing information on your address and the consignee refused the package. Since then, package was held for instruction. I am afraid that we have not received any information and the allotted time to hold has passed. Because of this, the package was marked as abandoned last 10/26/2022.

If you wish to retrieve this shipment and redelivered, please have the shipper contact us directly. We can then make arrangements and receive an authorization from them to have this shipment redelivered. Please be also informed that the shipper needs to contact us within 30 days from the abandonment date.

I understand that this may be frustrating and on behalf of the company, I would like to personally apologize for any way in which we may have inconvenienced you.

At no point was I told to put my address on my package before it was picked up, and I was never asked for it during my claim process. I assumed they would take my old shipping information and send it back to me if they got no further instructions or replies to move forward with the claim. 30 days after October 26th, 2022 was November 25th. By this point I had 3 days to get Jack to call UPS about sending my package back to me. I had also directly sent an email to ClickShip, giving what information I could about my package and them potentially contacting UPS (if it was actually they who had my doll). I received no replies.

On November 25th I received a positive email from Jack saying that UPS claims to be sending my package back to me. Jack had yet to receive anything himself but was assured that I would be OK.

December 5th comes around, I send an update with no emails from UPS, no tracking numbers, no confirmation of shipments, no delivery attempt stickers on my door, no slips telling me to pick it up, nothing. Another email to Jack on December 12th, still nothing from UPS, on December 16th Jack says they've not received anything, is worried things are being lost in translation, and asks me to contact UPS. So I contacted them, and the reply I got on December 20th said that there have been no updates to their tracking database that would indicate the return of my package. Please get in touch with your shipper to make any necessary arrangements for your shipment. I started a new claim to locate the doll using the same information as the first claim, even referencing the old claim number.

January 1st, I send an email to Jack about having made another claim, asking if they had received anything.
To this date, I have not received any replies from Jack. That email still sits in my Sent folder, waiting for a response.
During my claim I had been asked multiple times to contact UPS, who then had repeatedly told me to get my shipper to contact UPS. This repeated back and forth apparently leads to nowhere at both company's requests, therefore losing me both my purchase and my money.
Now, I have had and heard of several problems with UPS in general over the years, inside and around my local area.
  • I have had them drop packages at my door, ignoring the fact that they required a signature. This happens regularly.
  • They deliver first thing in the morning, but only after I've left for work and they don't deliver on weekends unless you pay them.
  • They deliver only once per day, which I have never had past 1pm. They're supposed to be able to deliver until 7pm.
  • They've not left delivery attempt notices at my door.
  • They've threatened to return my package if I didn't pick it up the following day, after they neglected to tell me it arrived in the first place.
  • Porch pirates are notorious during certain times of the year and have stolen a handful of packages over the years.
  • The drivers sometimes don't leave their vehicles when they make a delivery and either call it a successful delivery, or they say the person wasn't home, even if they actually were.
  • The drivers that DO leave their vehicles walk up, ring the doorbell, and walk away. They leave almost no time to actually get up and walk to the door and answer it before leaving.
  • Their UPS Customer service email form is annoying to find and the conversation chains close after a day or two of silence. When I have to contact them again about a previous issue I have to start a new conversation, which is messy to organize and reference in later discussions to solve a problem.
I recognize that my problems may be localized, but I have read numerous reviews of my area, nearby, and far outside my area that have been fairly negative, stating similar problems to myself. If you, dear reader, have good service from UPS then I applaud you.

To review UPS, in addition to the above they strive to excellent service, they claim to be amazing and incredible. They're humble enough to understand that they are not without fault, but I have only experienced their good service very, very few times. They advertise their UPS MyChoice service to allow for personalized delivery times, but every time I have tried to sign up I get the error that the request couldn't be processed. Looking online, other people have had similar problems with signing up but they have all been reassured that the application was successful and they will receive confirmation in the mail and whatever else. I have not gotten anything from them in this regard. I don't know if it's just an error in their system or if it isn't available in either my city/province or all of Canada. If it's not available then it simply shouldn't be advertised.

To review SD Canada, The customer service that was actually helpful was fantastic. In the beginning, everything was clear, concise, it all went smoothly. The problem is the responses I get are maybe two to three times per week. This is a bit of a problem when UPS closes their conversations after a day or two of no activity. The website was easy to navigate, it all looked very pretty. Information was easy to find, the doll customizations seemed clear to me - I did not have many questions while browsing that I could not work out myself or understand enough to skip the option. Overall it was a nice experience, at least up until the point they couldn't (or refused) to help me with my doll. They do not refund and do not accept returns, yet UPS was able to hand over my doll to somebody in Toronto, where I assume it still sits as patient as I was. Either SD Canada does sometimes accept specific returns or ClickShip accepted it.

To review the parts of the doll I DID receive: the skin was soft, it felt good to the touch but it was sometimes a little annoying to grip and move. The solid breasts were harder than I'd expected but weren't necessarily uncomfortable. The limbs were a little tough to move and reposition, but I chalk that up to user inexperience. I noticed if the knees weren't set properly and it wasn't leaning properly against a wall or other object correctly, the weight of the doll could make the stance crumble. It's just something to be aware of and get used to. The hands and fingers were strange to position but it was my first doll, so user inexperience.
Gotta say, at first I was impressed with the ordering experience, the quality of the product that I did receive, and the initial customer service experience. The infrequent replies to potentially urgent emails is a bit of a red flag, something to consider for future buyers. As far as I am aware their 3rd party shipper, ClickShip, primarily uses UPS. If you have bad service with them in your area like I do, this is another thing to consider.

Personally, at this point I don't think I even want the doll back. As ecstatic as I would be to actually possess what I bought, it would feel bitter sweet to properly receive my order 4 months after it was supposed to be delivered. I'll take the loss, keep the doll. Cancel the order for the replacement head. I will find a new doll at a different store after I have saved up another 4-5 months of mortgage payments for fun purchases.
Last edited by Nescio50 on Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added "shipping" to topic title

INFORMATIONS