kimberdoll.com

Couple questions about delivery experiences

Kimber Doll is loved by thousands of satisfied customers in the USA, the UK, Australia, Canada and Germany. We pride ourselves on offering the latest in companion doll technology, quality and realism. We’ve worked hard to develop the ultimate companion that is a pleasure to own, lasts the test of time and is reasonably priced. Website: kimberdoll.com
limedoll
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Couple questions about delivery experiences

Post by limedoll »

I’ve been waiting for this topic to surface as I have a pretty amusing story. So I’m anxiously awaiting a delivery text. As I patiently wait at the dentist’s for the wife’s crown installation, I get the delivery text. Now I’m rushing to get home before the fedex delivery. Fortunately I win the race. When I hear the van pull up I go to greet the driver. I noticed it’s not my usual delivery guy, which I’m very comfortable with. The unknown driver rolls the door up to expose a large box and without hesitation he says “there she is” I say “huh?” He says that’s your girl isn’t it? I say yeah, I’ve been patiently awaiting her arrival. He asks if I would like some assistance carrying her in the shop. As we carry her in the shop he says “she’s a heavy one, I delivered a piper doll earlier and she was not as heavy” I said so you had 2 in the van today? He says yeah, I chatted them up the whole morning. Like “hold on bitches bad speed bump! It was an amusing and comfortable delivery. He asks for a signature then looks at the box and says “hope you enjoyed the ride, I’ll be back some day to bring your sister” we laughed and parted ways. What a great delivery and the start of a new chapter in our life story. I hope every first time buyer experiences the same.

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Only a doll owner chats up dolls :haha4:

MyDollIsHappy

Post by MyDollIsHappy »

*Rofl* That is a great story. The driver is Santaclaus for doll owners haha

Floop

Post by Floop »

limedoll wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:08 am I’ve been waiting for this topic to surface as I have a pretty amusing story. So I’m anxiously awaiting a delivery text. As I patiently wait at the dentist’s for the wife’s crown installation, I get the delivery text. Now I’m rushing to get home before the fedex delivery. Fortunately I win the race. When I hear the van pull up I go to greet the driver. I noticed it’s not my usual delivery guy, which I’m very comfortable with. The unknown driver rolls the door up to expose a large box and without hesitation he says “there she is” I say “huh?” He says that’s your girl isn’t it? I say yeah, I’ve been patiently awaiting her arrival. He asks if I would like some assistance carrying her in the shop. As we carry her in the shop he says “she’s a heavy one, I delivered a piper doll earlier and she was not as heavy” I said so you had 2 in the van today? He says yeah, I chatted them up the whole morning. Like “hold on bitches bad speed bump! It was an amusing and comfortable delivery. He asks for a signature then looks at the box and says “hope you enjoyed the ride, I’ll be back some day to bring your sister” we laughed and parted ways. What a great delivery and the start of a new chapter in our life story. I hope every first time buyer experiences the same.

:lol: :thumbs_up:

Oh man, thanks for that bit of personal testimony. That's really cool. I was thinking almost precisely that this sort of driver is who I'd like to be (if I was a driver), namely because I do have a background dolls. I was also channeling, perhaps, the time I sold a doll to a TDF member, which he received via a pickup from me at a local shopping center. The buyer seemed a bit nervous (he was perspiring a bit, not making much eye contact) at first, but I recall successfully allaying his tension a bit by proactively treating the transaction with a layer of normalcy that seemingly restored some of his dignity (I hope). We ended up talking about my move eastward (the reason for selling the doll), my new job/school, etc. Moral of these testimonies: Treat others as you wish to be treated.

:glou:

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

:thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

Papasmurf1142
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Papasmurf1142 »

No signature required for me, they were actually leaving just as I returned from an errand. (They had all damn day to deliver her, yet she shows Up the last possible hour.) those delivery companies will use whatever time is available to get her to wherever she’s going. I highly recommend taking a pto day from work if at all possible.

pokitom

Post by pokitom »

Papasmurf1142 wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:22 pm No signature required for me, they were actually leaving just as I returned from an errand. (They had all damn day to deliver her, yet she shows Up the last possible hour.) those delivery companies will use whatever time is available to get her to wherever she’s going. I highly recommend taking a pto day from work if at all possible.
Yeah.
Mine said " out for delivery" at 8 am.
Stayed home that day to wait. Then 11 hours later arrives lol. But driver didn't say anything
I stayed by the window for a lot of those 11 hours.just waiting.

Broken1
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Broken1 »

Mine was delayed a day and then I got a call from UPS asking if I could pick my package up because we have snow on the driveway and the driver didn't think he could get to the house . 😂 I got her in my car , (barely) and used a cart to get her in the house .

MrJ
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by MrJ »

limedoll wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:08 am As we carry her in the shop he says “she’s a heavy one, I delivered a piper doll earlier and she was not as heavy” I said so you had 2 in the van today? He says yeah, I chatted them up the whole morning. Like “hold on bitches bad speed bump!
:haha4:
Absolutely hilarious story.

The UPS delivery person that used to work the route in my (formerly) podunk town was about 4' tall and tiny.

I can't imagine how she would've gotten any full-size doll delivered. Maybe a handcart and a lift gate?
Kimber Quinn is loving her new home.
:plaidskirt:

Socratus
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Socratus »

ZombieWinter wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:00 am You're ordering something in a big cardboard box. It could be anything from a foam mattress to a wooden cabinet. It's only weird if you make it weird.

This.
To the OP: If you want you could say it's just a work-equipment of some kind, or art display equipment- Or even have just a slightly angry look on your face if anyone looks like they may ask nosey questions to put them off!

I had the same worries, had the UPS guy carrying the crate on a trolley, but he even helped me up the stairs to my apartment and it all went by swimmingly easily. Ad my place is pretty busy!
I apologise for any late responses to users trying to communicate with me, as a certain Mod has decided he doesn't like how I talked in a particular post then decided to restrict me so I can post nothing without his permission. If I am banned for good, then best wishes to those I, and Aran, have met. May your futures with your dolls be good ones.

pokitom

Post by pokitom »

Socratus wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:37 pm
ZombieWinter wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:00 am You're ordering something in a big cardboard box. It could be anything from a foam mattress to a wooden cabinet. It's only weird if you make it weird.

This.
To the OP: If you want you could say it's just a work-equipment of some kind, or art display equipment- Or even have just a slightly angry look on your face if anyone looks like they may ask nosey questions to put them off!

I had the same worries, had the UPS guy carrying the crate on a trolley, but he even helped me up the stairs to my apartment and it all went by swimmingly easily. Ad my place is pretty busy!
Sometimes They are in such a rush and hurry that most of the time they are just worried about not being late.

MrJ
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by MrJ »

So Kimber arrived today. Here's what was on the end of the box.

I cannot speak for how she cums in other countries, but I'd imagine it is similar.

Yes, it likely could be Googled. The only comment I got was "heavy box!"
Attachments
US Picture
US Picture
20230324_123458.jpg (2.6 MiB) Viewed 783 times
Kimber Quinn is loving her new home.
:plaidskirt:

INFORMATIONS