www.wmdolls.com

Has anyone noticed...

All forms of mannequins that were not originally sold as love dolls. Mannequins that have been modified for sex should also be included here.
Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: Has anyone noticed...

Post by Mr Franz »

Doll ard wrote:Reading this post brought back a memory. I climbed on to a display at the mall and sat under her so I could look up her dress. Man that must have been 4 days ago.
Been there, done that! :haha4:

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

And nobody got their ass busted for perving :)

James1fun

Post by James1fun »

nicely done

ai_companion
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by ai_companion »

I have noticed also recently - that it's hard to tell the gender on some of the newer mannequins. They are making them without prominent gender features now.

Nessa
Doll
Doll

Post by Nessa »

Malls and clothing stores are struggling so much in the online shopping era, it's probably more just come down to, if the very minimal mannequins with no head costs even $1 less, of course that's what they're gonna get. Save that money 💰

Ebakala
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Ebakala »

I don't have any pictures, but as mentioned up-thread, I have seen the rising presence of overweight/chubby/sometimes outright fat mannequins...but not on male mannequins.

Because men aren't as concerned about body image?

Because no guys are concerned with how their new "outfit" covers their beer belly or buttcrack?

Because women power the retail clothing market and somehow, trim models displaying clothing make them feel self conscious?

Or, as Mannequin Fan already stated, it's just the current trend in retail.

Bluedog
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Bluedog »

Joe 90 wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 4:02 pm I must be one of the few people who are attracted to both life like mannequins and abstract mannequins. The abstract ones have an Alien appeal to me.
I also find some of the abstract mannequins attractive. Not so much an alien thing as simply not-quite-human but with enough similarities (curves in the right places) to elicit a similar reaction to that when seeing a human female.
PilotFancier wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:07 pm

It's pretty funny, really - I always kind of thought I was a weirdo for wanting to make out with a mannequin. For years I'd google stuff like "mannequin fetish" and nothing ever came up. It never occurred to me that, yes, of course - there'd be a natural overlap with people who like dolls!
Nope, you’re not the only one. Back in the stone-age internet, there were a bunch of Yahoo Groups (showing my age here) for people who both appreciated the finely made, realistic mannequins and who also, maybe, liked to get a little frisky with their plastic companions. :whistle: There were additionally a few photographers who had websites showcasing some softly erotic mannequin photography.
PilotFancier wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 5:37 pm
Joe 90 wrote:I must be one of the few people who are attracted to both life like mannequins and abstract mannequins. The abstract ones have an Alien appeal to me.
Yeah, that's exactly it for me as well. Both have their merits.
I think with the more abstract ones, it is a little bit specifically "Alien" vibes, to me - Giegeresque, almost, even without it being explicitly all ribbed and whatever. I think it's the psychosexual element.
Something about finding beauty in the uncanny, or in the dehumanization of a human form. The way they are made accentuates shapes and curves we find appealing, but emphasizes them to an inhuman degree. That uncanniness lends a sense of danger, maybe. I'm sure plenty of people find that unsettling, but I find it alluring.

Or, hey, maybe I'm overthinking it. Mannequin hot.
No, not over thinking it. I agree with the “beauty in the uncanny” idea, but rather than dehumanizing the human form, I’ve perceived it more as a case of anthropomorphising (ating?) the inanimate or unreal.

Either way, an interesting / enjoyable thing about the mannequin is that IS an object. So, if you are attracted to it and … Well, that’s OK. No harm in objectifying it and physically engaging with it as though it were only some object because that’s exactly what it is.

I’ve found the idea that one can be attracted to such an object that is clearly not human and want to … interact with it in such a way as though it were to be quite intriguing.
Blonde, brunette redhead?
Brunette
Slim, athletic, voluptuous?
Athletic.
Demure, aggressive, sleazy? Be honest.
Sleazy ...
Demure

Qlaire

Post by Qlaire »

Probably just cheaper to produce since faces are not really relevant to show off the clothing.

Witchetty
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Witchetty »

Personally I *love* the look of faceless mannequins, it's very aesthetically pleasing, but it certainly takes away the personality. You'll remember which store had a unique looking mannequin, but you'll never remember the name of the shop with all the blank ones. Also they require minimal finishing/painting when manufactured, so it's probably cheaper.

INFORMATIONS