www.yourdoll.com

Would love some hints and tips.

Clothing, footwear, hats, gloves, jewelry, etc. Store bought, modified and handmade.
Alexio1203
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Would love some hints and tips.

Post by Alexio1203 »

Hi Guys.
Am just waiting on my girls and have bought some clothing in readiness.
I am just after some help with specific questions if anybody can help to answer.
1. What temperature is it best to wash dark clothing before placing them on your doll without shrinking them?
2. What are the best oils, powders and general cleaners to maintain my dolls?
3 which brushes, cloths and sponges to apply powder, oil and cleaners?
4. Best type of brush to tidy and maintain wigs?
5 will general wigs from eBay etc fit WM dolls or do they need to be ordered direct from the doll manufacturer?
6 can or does anybody use Velcro or other such things to keep wigs on a dolls head?
Completely new to this so would be very grateful for some help
Regards alexio1203

Kimmi Lovecok
Doll
Doll

Re: Would love some hints and tips.

Post by Kimmi Lovecok »

:glou:
Makeup Brushes, 04.jpg
Makeup Brushes, 04.jpg (93.03 KiB) Viewed 870 times

👠 Kimmi's COMICS:________ viewtopic.php?t=158415

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

I will not answer them all....

1. What temperature is it best to wash dark clothing before placing them on your doll without shrinking them?
Colors matter, BIG TIME as well as type of material.
One method is to wash in a bucket, empty water, repeat until water turns clear, let dry and tie around some tpe and apply pressure with a book.

5 will general wigs from eBay etc fit WM dolls or do they need to be ordered direct from the doll manufacturer?
Many will tell you best NOT to get from a doll manufacturer. Most wigs will work just fine
6 can or does anybody use Velcro or other such things to keep wigs on a dolls head?
You could, but not really needed. Most wigs have straps you use.

Love,
Megan, DO, BCD
Attachments
Mmmmm.jpg
Mmmmm.jpg (58.96 KiB) Viewed 868 times

riotmac
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by riotmac »

1. if its new clothes then yes warm water soak until water is clear whatever water temp you can get out of your faucet may have to do it multiple times to get water clear if shes wearing black clothes and it gets wet while on her thats a sure way to stain her.
2. if shes TPE the debate is that new TPE doesnt need oil that much now and days and its recommended to try to get unscented if you available same with soap added fragrance can damage TPE as for powder you can get corn starch baby powder or just straight corn starch from the baking aisle. if shes new she doesnt need oil i havent been into TPE dolls but just remember using oil will remove color pigments so her nipples and make up will eventually come off with oiling. if silicone doll do not oil her it will damage her.
3. just a regular makeup brush will do to apply powder, micro fiber cloths for drying her pat her dry instead rubbing her skin, anti bacterial soap and hydrogen peroxide to wash her holes and get a air pump to air dry her holes out
4. wig comb something with larger gaps between the teeth
5. most wigs have a clasp on the inside that allows you to adjust it so they should fit on most dolls unless you have a mini doll or something, do yourself a favor and invest in a human hair wig feels way better than synthetic
6. you can buy a wig cap or wig band you can use both in conjunction with each other with those and a correctly adjusted wig it shouldnt be going anywhere
Gameladydoll Ciri/Quiet thread - viewtopic.php?t=162288

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

Hi,
Be careful of dark colored straps on a doll's wig and her ears.
Wig caps are also a great idea
V/r
Megan
Attachments
MEGAN.jpg
MEGAN.jpg (270.13 KiB) Viewed 849 times

Alexio1203
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Alexio1203 »

Wow. As usual everybody is super helpful on this forum.
Thank you so much for the help. I think I’m all set for them now.
Just got to play the waiting game……

riotmac
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by riotmac »

yeah the waiting is the hardest part of the process other tips i would add is if shes going to be sleeping in bed with you buy a micro plush blanket preferably white for her to sleep on so she doesnt leak oil onto your sheets. if you want to save money on buying her clothes shop at goodwill its kind of embarrassing walking around with a basket full of womens clothes (just wear a covid mask to hide your shame thats what i do lol) but then you realize that ppl go in there and buy stuff just to resell online and if stuff doesnt fit her just go and re donate it.
Gameladydoll Ciri/Quiet thread - viewtopic.php?t=162288

Tyr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Tyr »

Wigs:
You will probably find that the wigs will need the adjustment straps to be fitted as tight as possible, doll heads are quite small. When you have the wig adjusted to size, take a needle and thread and sew the elastic to the band just behind the hook. Otherwise the hooks constantly fall out.
Biggest buzz kill when getting It on, when her wig comes off!
If you are really going to care for the wigs, you will need a tangle teaser, a large tooth comb, a brush, a wig stand, a good set of hair straighteners, with temperature adjustment, a good set of curling tongs, with temperature adjustment, detangling serum, 'mane and tail' is pretty good if you follow the instructions, binge watch instructional videos on the 'Tube'...and, have several hours to spare, it takes time. Whew!
Tyr
“We’ve always been vulnerable. Every day you go out the house, you’re vulnerable. You’re inches from diving under a bus or somebody hitting you over the head for your money. Nothing is safe. Everybody seems to be obsessed with safety. Well, nothing is safe, okay? Nothing! Make the most of it while you’re safe now. You won’t be tomorrow, maybe.”
The Late, Great, Ian Fraser Kilminster.

My 'e' key is getting sticky, so now and thn words may look a bit odd.

MinniMagg

Post by MinniMagg »

Tyr wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 2:36 am Wigs:
You will probably find that the wigs will need the adjustment straps to be fitted as tight as possible, doll heads are quite small. When you have the wig adjusted to size, take a needle and thread and sew the elastic to the band just behind the hook. Otherwise the hooks constantly fall out.
Biggest buzz kill when getting It on, when her wig comes off!
If you are really going to care for the wigs, you will need a tangle teaser, a large tooth comb, a brush, a wig stand, a good set of hair straighteners, with temperature adjustment, a good set of curling tongs, with temperature adjustment, detangling serum, 'mane and tail' is pretty good if you follow the instructions, binge watch instructional videos on the 'Tube'...and, have several hours to spare, it takes time. Whew!
Tyr
I have found that most wigs made for women are still too big for some of my dolls. These two youtube video's helped me downsize them, or remove the ear tabs. Your mileage may vary.

size [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vBEWZSTmh0[/youtube]

remove ear tabs [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVFDceY6JKc[/youtube]

I also use these wig bands to help stop the wig from sliding. One direction is kinda like Velcro and stops the wig from sliding
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MD ... d83a0b42a1

Socratus
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Socratus »

Been doing a bit of makeup work on my doll for the 1st time. I bought some stuff off Amazon and used some stuff I already had and realised would do (I'm an artist).

All the makeup was cheap stuff and I am quite pleased with the result.
I apologise for any late responses to users trying to communicate with me, as a certain Mod has decided he doesn't like how I talked in a particular post then decided to restrict me so I can post nothing without his permission. If I am banned for good, then best wishes to those I, and Aran, have met. May your futures with your dolls be good ones.

iNeXcess2
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by iNeXcess2 »

For cleanser I found that Real Love Sex Dolls has TPE Cleanser. It is more pricey than normal soaps but is completely worth it.

You can find it here: https://reallovesexdolls.com/tpe-safe-foaming-cleanser/

INFORMATIONS