Starpery.com

Veins? anyone know how to draw them right?

Got an idea? Need an invention?
HalcionDNA
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Veins? anyone know how to draw them right?

Post by HalcionDNA »

EBmoist wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:16 am
HalcionDNA wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 4:20 am
If you want something more permanent I think you can use "gentian violet" dilute with water.
I will definitely suggest to practice it first on a piece of paper,silicone or TPE with a fine art brush.
What is gentian violet? a dye? or a pen ink?
[/quote]
Attachments
It's an purpleblue antiseptic
It's an purpleblue antiseptic
20230416_201428.jpg (3.21 MiB) Viewed 265 times

EBmoist
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by EBmoist »

WOW!! Clearly you must be in the medical field !

Witchetty
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Witchetty »

Wheezer wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 12:49 pm For veins I only tend to put them on dolls with fair skin or lighter breasts, such as tan line areas. I also like to keep them very subtle. but that is just me.

[...]

Cheers!
... W ...
Vein_Sample(3).jpg
This example is REALLY good - subtlety is key for veins. Doing it a bit dramatic at first and then cleaning it off to leave *some* of the stain is ideal. This applies to most things when painting skin effects.

EBmoist
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by EBmoist »

Wheezer wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 12:49 pm For veins I only tend to put them on dolls with fair skin or lighter breasts, such as tan line areas. I also like to keep them very subtle. but that is just me.

If you don't have an airbrush, you can just paint them on. Here is how I do it.

Take some turquoise artists oil paint and apply small lines with a 0, 00 or 000 brush. Once applied roll over the line gently with a Q-Tip dipped in IPA. This removes the excess pigment.
Draw on whatever you want until satisfied. Remove or adjust any with a Q-Tip dipped in baby oil.
Once complete hit the area with a hot air gun at about 150-170C. Just make the TPE slightly glisten and set the oil paint into the TPE. Mist with IPA to flash cool and set.
Next stipple on some translucent white over the veins and general breast area. Blend in well. Just small bit is needed to give a "below the flesh" effect. Heat set and cool as before.
Practice this a few times on a scrap area and adjust to your specific blend of TPE and doll color.

The only thing I have found is that light and your eyes make a significant difference. That is what looks good in room light to a real eye may come across too subtle in a picture. Likewise what looks great in a photo may be a bit garish in real light.

Cheers!
... W ...
Vein_Sample(3).jpg
I’m looking at your instructions.. what is IPA?

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

IPA is also known as iso propyl alcohol.
Commonly available for cleaning, anti septic applications and as a solvent.
Cheers!
... W ...

Last bumped by EBmoist on Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:06 pm.
Any comments, ideas or suggestions are given FREELY for your use and information. Before using, first check to ensure they are compatible with your doll or specific situation. If any tool, chemical or technique is mentioned, make sure to follow all directions and safety instructions of the product. Some tools or items can be dangerous, so be careful. Use all appropriate safety gear, don’t run with scissors and don’t eat the yellow snow. Always keep your mind open.

INFORMATIONS