Starpery.com

Turning closet into multiple doll hanger

Got an idea? Need an invention?
MourningWood

Turning closet into multiple doll hanger

Post by MourningWood »

I decided to get rid of all the clothes in my closet and hang my dolls as I’m running out of space. The current cross bar in there is wood and can barely support the weight of my clothes, I’m thinking of mounting a steel bar across instead and hang them from the neck bolt.

I want the ability to slide them around and that’s why I came here for ideas. Is there some sort of hook with bearings/rollers for east sliding that can easily come off/disconnect when I take the doll out? Once I figure that out then I can figure out what cross bar diameter I need from here.

Also looking for ideas for reinforcing the drywall on the sides where the cross bar slots into.

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: Turning closet into multiple doll hanger

Post by Wheezer »

Ummmm, you better do some weight and load calculations for your planned hanging dolls. And design in a margin for safety also.
For that weight load you should probably look into attaching the bar to a stud as a minimum, rather than drywall.

Plus there are kind of mixed feelings about the long term health of a doll when its stored hanging from its neck.
A search for hanging storage or something similar might give you some good ideas.

Good luck and let us all know the results.
Cheers!
... W ...
Any comments, ideas or suggestions are given FREELY for your use and information. Before using, first check to ensure they are compatible with your doll or specific situation. If any tool, chemical or technique is mentioned, make sure to follow all directions and safety instructions of the product. Some tools or items can be dangerous, so be careful. Use all appropriate safety gear, don’t run with scissors and don’t eat the yellow snow. Always keep your mind open.

Technician
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Turning closet into multiple doll hanger

Post by Technician »

Like roller shackles?
Steel-Roller-Shackle.jpg
Steel-Roller-Shackle.jpg (25.64 KiB) Viewed 141 times
100cm Sasy Amazon doll. Purchased: 11/27/2018, Measurements: I - cup / 25I - 16 - 24 @ 32.4 lbs
140cm Sasy Amazon doll. Purchased: 5/14/2019, Measurements: K - cup / 31K - 19 - 25 @ 51 lbs
125cm Amazon doll. Purchased: 3/24/2024, Measurements: G - cup / 26G - 17 - 25 @ 39.8 lbs

INFORMATIONS