Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Thinking about cancelling my order

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

young guy
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals, I get my back into my living

Re: Thinking about cancelling my order

Post by young guy »

I don't disagree with you, TJ, and my analogy was not perfect. I was more alluding to human nature than actual businesses. I worked my entire adult life, over 50 years, in a number of different industries making an array of products. While Abyss does make an artistic, custom, hand made product, they still do it as an assembly process. I am still impressed with the dolls they make and, like you, have always spoken well of them and the company as a whole. This thread and the posts folks have made here show that the way the company is handling their customer service is hurting the company's reputation and needs to be addressed before the perception gets worse. I hope the company is paying attention to what people are saying here and takes steps to address it.
"You know, you could be a handy thing to have around the house if a man went broke." (from His Kind of Woman)

"I never say dame; I always say doll..." (Nick Charles)

"Well, she's no fun, she fell right over!" (Nick Danger)

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

Absolutely YG!

We always try to keep a balanced perspective here. We know there are issues and encourage members who have serious issues to seek assistance via management support@dollforum.com . That being said, all please note throughout the entire forum we do want everyone to be mindful of rule 10

10. Claims
Do not post unsupported claims regarding people or products. If you have an opinion make sure you state that it is your opinion AND support that opinion with hard facts or evidence, preferably by an established authority if it is not based on firsthand experience. Even opinions can be damaging to businesses and subject to lawsuits.

What we also need to remember as well is all of the people who have positive experiences with customer service and products that do not say anything here. There are many who do not even come to TDF at all, as our format isn't for everyone. Not unlike Yelp reviews we often get disproportionate number of negative examples so please keep that in mind.

Everyone, in summary let's remember Rule 10 when sharing our issues. Even your first hand experience should be supported. Let's also refrain from making claims about such things where we are guessing the issue/resolution as with the parts supply assumptions and availability. All of that falls under rule 10.

:glou:
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

jca
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by jca »

Issues with materials and parts and labor are one thing, but for them to be almost invisible in terms of communication and updates with the public and with their customers since the pandemic really has no excuse.

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

jca wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 10:13 am Issues with materials and parts and labor are one thing, but for them to be almost invisible in terms of communication and updates with the public and with their customers since the pandemic really has no excuse.
At face value that is a valid concern. We just don't know how many people have positive vs negative experiences. It is easy to make assumptions or extrapolate on a few experiences expressed here. Especially, when we do not have the full story (ies). Again - Rule 10.
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

jellynuts13
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by jellynuts13 »

For anyone still following this thread, I cancelled my order and got all of my money back thanks to my bank getting involved.

This will most likely be the first and last time I deal with Abyss, not just because of the horrible experience on my end but also because they're not likely going to want to deal with me after all the trouble I've given them. Ah well, such is life.

jca
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by jca »

TJ_Foxx wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 10:43 am
jca wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 10:13 am Issues with materials and parts and labor are one thing, but for them to be almost invisible in terms of communication and updates with the public and with their customers since the pandemic really has no excuse.
At face value that is a valid concern. We just don't know how many people have positive vs negative experiences. It is easy to make assumptions or extrapolate on a few experiences expressed here. Especially, when we do not have the full story (ies). Again - Rule 10.
It's been quite a while since we've heard about any positive experiences, though. They aren't doing themselves any favors by being so invisible online, and it's a shame, because that used to be a key part of their business, the public interaction. We never really see or hear anything about them anymore.

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

jca wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 6:51 pm
TJ_Foxx wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 10:43 am
It's been quite a while since we've heard about any positive experiences, though. They aren't doing themselves any favors by being so invisible online, and it's a shame, because that used to be a key part of their business, the public interaction. We never really see or hear anything about them anymore.
Stating an opinion like "They aren't doing themselves any favors.." etc. is certainly fine. I have had all positive experiences, with recently orders for additional eyes, two different 2 repair kits. More people also come here to gripe vs praise- that is true in almost every section not just for Abyss. I call that the "Yelp phenomenon."

However making unsupported claims, and personally attacking staff is not. We appreciate that you have not done those things.
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

INFORMATIONS