Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Types of Renewable powder?

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

JoendTanya
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Types of Renewable powder?

Post by JoendTanya »

Hello all!,

I'm sure this has been asked and answered 100s of times by the community, but I just wanted to hear it and socialize with actual members.
I recently just properly cleaned my doll's most common used places with water so now the skin (silicone doll) is now sticky and not soft.

So my question is, What's the best on market or naturel powder (grocery store) for making my doll soft again that you might recommend.

Thanks!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My doll: Realdoll - Tanya -5'3 160cm

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Re: Types of Renewable powder?

Post by seagull »

Corn Starch (not Corn Flour) is used by many, usually put in a sock and gently tamped on the doll surface and then worked in with a good makeup brush until it is no longer visible but silky smooth to the touch :)

Brick

Post by Brick »

seagull wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 6:42 pm Corn Starch (not Corn Flour) is used by many, usually put in a sock and gently tamped on the doll surface and then worked in with a good makeup brush until it is no longer visible but silky smooth to the touch :)
And if you a tan skin tone and dont want white powder look on the doll. Use a little Cocoa powder with the corn starch, and it tastes better also......hehehe 8)
A never ending parade of beautiful Realdolls and of course, HARMONY!!

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

:thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

Babel99
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Babel99 »

I mix 75% cornstach and 25% baby powder lavender scent. I use a paintbrush to apply it. I use the same mix on both my tpe and silicon dolls. They turn out smooth and smell great :)
Jael - (YL 148) viewtopic.php?f=212&t=73333

Miriame - (SM 136) viewtopic.php?f=269&t=102115

Beth - (SM 157G) viewtopic.php?f=269&t=149637

Brooke - (Starpery 148F) viewtopic.php?t=175783

Daddyz-Home
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Daddyz-Home »

I use organic cornstarch. Thanks for the tip, I may try this.

JoendTanya
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by JoendTanya »

seagull wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 6:42 pm Corn Starch (not Corn Flour) is used by many, usually put in a sock and gently tamped on the doll surface and then worked in with a good makeup brush until it is no longer visible but silky smooth to the touch :)
Thanks for the replies I bought myself Johnsons cornstarch baby powder and used a make up brush.

Interesting method with a sock, can you give little more detail on the process with the sock please,
My doll: Realdoll - Tanya - 5'3/160cm

SimonSays7
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by SimonSays7 »

seagull wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 6:42 pm
Interesting method with a sock, can you give little more detail on the process with the sock please,
It's easy. You put a few tablespoons of corn starch in a sock. You can gently dab it on the doll I suppose, or you can just swing it and hit the doll with it and it powders unevenly but quickly.

I must look into the make-up powder brush idea.

Babel99
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Babel99 »

SimonSays7 wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 8:18 am
seagull wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 6:42 pm
It's easy. You put a few tablespoons of corn starch in a sock. You can gently dab it on the doll I suppose, or you can just swing it and hit the doll with it and it powders unevenly but quickly.

I must look into the make-up powder brush idea.
Using a large paintbrush works the best for me. I tried the sock idea at some point and it does work, however it takes forever on a full size doll.
Jael - (YL 148) viewtopic.php?f=212&t=73333

Miriame - (SM 136) viewtopic.php?f=269&t=102115

Beth - (SM 157G) viewtopic.php?f=269&t=149637

Brooke - (Starpery 148F) viewtopic.php?t=175783

chippyminton

Post by chippyminton »

No affiliation - but Coeros make a clever powder applicator. It’s a plastic bottle which you fill with powder - there’s then a trigger which puffs it onto the surface. Just like an old-fashioned powder puff.

INFORMATIONS