sexyrealsexdolls.com

How to make a doll look alive...

No matter how great your camera might be, it is how you apply your skills that makes the difference between an OK shot and a great shot. Here you can talk technical, talk creative, share your techniques, lighting, and digital editing. This is where we can all help each other to take better photos.
If you post a photo here and are looking for a critique, you should be prepared for honest criticism even if it hurts. It will only help to make us better photographers.

Moderator: Swan

justintime
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Re: How to make a doll look alive...

Post by justintime »

With photography, Yes eyes are key. The ability to really move the eyes ( and have them stay in position) is key. As Nesico stated, hands. Take your time, step back and look at the fingers. Try your best to pose each finger. Now with articulated hands and fingers it's a lot easier than in the past.
Twist the torso right or left and tilt the head. This will make all the difference. Never spin your dolls head without moving the shoulders and torso.
One big thing..always step back and look at your pose. Take a few photos and view the things that you think will improve the natural look of the dolls pose.

Something else that helps is. Look for photos of poses you like from the internet with models. Save those images to your computer, or to your cell. Use these as a starting point to begin a photo shoot. It really helps to have a reference.

Accessories also can add to realism.
“Put … the Doll … down … and slowly back away.”
Shelby My Piece Of Heaven
Shelby Model Information

Aussie70
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Aussie70 »

Wow, what a difference, truly beautiful. Thanks so much! :)

Wraeyth
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Wraeyth »

Really good info! Looking forward to getting a doll to help practice my skills

soonpk
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by soonpk »

Thanks for all the great info. I find that getting enough light to make the iris within the eye visible makes a huge difference in realism. Crooked fingers or slightly crossed eyes can really ruin the shot.
My Doll Photo Thread: viewtopic.php?t=162724 Check it out

Dolly_Llama
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Dolly_Llama »

Depending on your camera’s functionality, if you can use a long exposure, you can get away with less powerful lighting when using a constant light source. With that in mind, don’t despair if you don’t have good window light—fake it by either bouncing your lights off a blank white ceiling or wall, or use several lights behind a suspended white flat bed sheet to create a large soft light source. Basic shop lights work quite well when used in either scenario. Softer light is generally more pleasing than hard light, which is why portrait photographers like window light.

Another fun thing to experiment with is simple light painting. Again, you need the ability to take long exposures, and in this case your environment needs to be pitch black, but you can create some really beautiful images with nothing more than a flashlight. You literally just start the long exposure and “paint” your subject or regions of interest with the flashlight beam, being careful not to point the light at the lens. Using light painting, you can get super creative with colored lights as well and it’s not a problem if you step in front of the camera lens as you move around the doll, provided you wear dark/black clothing and don’t accidentally illuminate yourself.

Of course, with any long exposure, the camera needs to be motionless for the duration of the exposure to avoid motion blur. Use a tripod or rest the camera on a stable surface.

Stocking_Hunter

Post by Stocking_Hunter »

Wow... Come for the doll. Stay for the new hobby.... These tips are amazing. :)

terabyte
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by terabyte »

Love these tips, taking notes.

4891d
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by 4891d »

Great tips in this thread!
Thanks for sharing. :)

Links to 4891d's dolls-stories. : viewtopic.php?t=156068
Saaskiya, my beautiful gift (Zelex GE04) : viewtopic.php?t=154462
Trixie came to me (Funwest Dolls Trixie) : viewtopic.php?t=155900
Eurydice, a nice surprise (Elsa Babe RHC019)

Socratus
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Socratus »

The moment I saw this thread title I thought, "Light."

But there are many little tricks that most people don't notice, but the mind does.
I apologise for any late responses to users trying to communicate with me, as a certain Mod has decided he doesn't like how I talked in a particular post then decided to restrict me so I can post nothing without his permission. If I am banned for good, then best wishes to those I, and Aran, have met. May your futures with your dolls be good ones.

INFORMATIONS