Starpery.com

So You've Gone and Stained Your TPE Doll! Easy Stain Removal

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
chippyminton

Re: So You've Gone and Stained Your TPE Doll! Easy Stain Removal

Post by chippyminton »

Socratus wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:17 pm
Anyone know what's the closest Uk version of the OXY 10 Acne Cleanser?
I buy mine off eBay mate - just put ‘Oxy 10’ in the search box and loads of suppliers pop up. These guys ship product from the UK and are very reliable;
34D3BD9D-D6CB-428C-ABA3-5AA41A516A48.png
34D3BD9D-D6CB-428C-ABA3-5AA41A516A48.png (977.79 KiB) Viewed 479 times

Socratus
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Socratus »

Wheezer wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 1:50 am
Socratus wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:17 pm Hmmm...from all the more recent posts I got the impression stains could not be removed! I did get a stain on my doll (from a dress I washed THREE times!) so ordered a stain remover from my Vendor which seemed quite expensive for what you get.

I guess that if you are in the UK then you can pop down to your chemist and ask him what acne cream is available locally that has the same ingredients and performance as Oxy 10 Acne cream.
Probably good to look it up on the net first and print out a page or two about it, including its ingredients.

Alternately you cold look up acne creams that are available in your local shops. Their websites should have them listed. Research and go from there.

A local doctor, medical student or other might have the information.

Review female or teen web publications to see what is being sold for acne remedies. Every year there is new batch of pimply faces kids and companies are ready to market cures for them.

An final option would be to go down to a local high school and start chatting up the girls about what they use to cure their acne. However that is bit creepy and should be avoided.
Best to stick with the other options.

Good luck!
... W ...
hmmm....

The high School one is a no go, I think. :wink:

I'll figure it out. Thanks for your words.
I apologise for any late responses to users trying to communicate with me, as a certain Mod has decided he doesn't like how I talked in a particular post then decided to restrict me so I can post nothing without his permission. If I am banned for good, then best wishes to those I, and Aran, have met. May your futures with your dolls be good ones.

Socratus
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Socratus »

chippyminton wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 2:16 am
Socratus wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:17 pm
I buy mine off eBay mate - just put ‘Oxy 10’ in the search box and loads of suppliers pop up. These guys ship product from the UK and are very reliable;

34D3BD9D-D6CB-428C-ABA3-5AA41A516A48.png
Thankyou, m8.
I apologise for any late responses to users trying to communicate with me, as a certain Mod has decided he doesn't like how I talked in a particular post then decided to restrict me so I can post nothing without his permission. If I am banned for good, then best wishes to those I, and Aran, have met. May your futures with your dolls be good ones.

n3o7

Post by n3o7 »

Thank you, I need this, the stain on my doll is quite stubborn.

homersexual

Post by homersexual »

Socratus wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:17 pm Hmmm...from all the more recent posts I got the impression stains could not be removed! I did get a stain on my doll (from a dress I washed THREE times!) so ordered a stain remover from my Vendor which seemed quite expensive for what you get.

I put in a quick search for "OXY 10 Acne Cleanser" and found places that sell online, my top hit was Vitamingo. I've received packages from Amazon.co.uk before, so that might be an option in the reverse. If you have a friend that's willing to ship a care package your way with access to the cream you might offer to cover the expenses and have a few tubes of that included (I know people that do that all of the time and the roughest part is that the shipping costs can get pretty high).

Some eBay sellers also have worldwide shipping, so you might not even need it sent from the states.

Good luck!

Mr Crumpets
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Mr Crumpets »

I went with trying some Clearasil Rapid Action pimple remover cream, using the same instructions as the OP (leaving it for 24 hours).

Even though the cream didn't dry out, I used the ultra wipes, and the cream easily and the lipstick stains were 99% removed.

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

FWIW ... When I use OXY10 to remove a stain I wrap or bag the area after doll application.

That is I apply the cream and cover (wrap) the area with thin cling film.
Or I use those thin plastic take away bags to cover the cream.

Both solutions adhere to the cream, fit to to the contours of the target area and prevent undue evaporation.
Preventing surface evaporation seems to decrease the time needed to make the stain vanish.
Plus it keeps the goop from getting on everything.

Just a suggestion ... your mileage may vary.
Cheers!
... W ...
Any comments, ideas or suggestions are given FREELY for your use and information. Before using, first check to ensure they are compatible with your doll or specific situation. If any tool, chemical or technique is mentioned, make sure to follow all directions and safety instructions of the product. Some tools or items can be dangerous, so be careful. Use all appropriate safety gear, don’t run with scissors and don’t eat the yellow snow. Always keep your mind open.

Michaelangelo
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Michaelangelo »

Wheezer wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 3:26 am FWIW ... When I use OXY10 to remove a stain I wrap or bag the area after doll application.

That is I apply the cream and cover (wrap) the area with thin cling film.
Or I use those thin plastic take away bags to cover the cream.

Both solution adhere to the cream, fit to to the contours of the target area and prevent undue evaporation.
Preventing surface evaporation seems to decrease the time needed to make the stain vanish.
Plus it keeps the goop from getting on everything.

Just a suggestion ... you mileage may vary.
Cheers!
... W ...
Nice suggestion, I keep forgetting to cover this and sometimes the stain is gone from Miranda but then the oxy has taken the colour out of the bedsheets or whatever... 😑
Me and Miranda (WM 163C/159) post comic strips and other stuff on her thread.
Recent posts: a Halloween story, Mira's birthday, and competitions, including our first win! 🏆

homersexual

Post by homersexual »

Wheezer's advice is great! Actually, covering areas with cling wrap has also been part of my repair process as well. Anything to "lock in" what's being used and really allow it to run its course can make a large difference.

cycleingking
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by cycleingking »

Super great tip. I will definitely apply the cling wrap next time- which I am sure will be soon, gotta try out some new black outfits on the girls soon.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Passionate about ROS, LHP and Silicone
Mistresses

Socratus
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Socratus »

Another thing tho...
I used to think stains were a killer, but they go away over time anyway, I've discovered, especially if you regularly clean your doll. Unless it's on a really exposed part on her, like her face, there's really no panic that I can tell. Just wait and keep her washed about once a week.

INFORMATIONS